1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tiger Woods is in a Car Crash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DFWRocket, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

[​IMG]

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

My wife grew up on the Palos Verdes peninsula. I've driven on that stretch of Hawthorne Blvd countless times. That section of Hawthorne on the peninsula is a death trap. It is both downhill and its a winding road. You'll drive on stretches that seem empty and then all of a sudden the road will curve around and you end up at an intersection with a traffic light. That area is hyper wealthy so there are tons of people with really expensive cars that drive like maniacs.

And the non-locals that drive there have no idea where the stop lights are so its very easy to start cruising and just miss the upcoming intersection (since the road curves at that spot).

Really nice area to visit/live in though. If you are on the edges of the peninsula you get a full view of the ocean or a full view of LA from above.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Moral of the story: Bring your helicopter.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

*refrains from posting the Kobe Bryant pic*

tinman, Xerobull and KingCheetah like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think this is their biggest issue with Genesis probably. They don't want a 1988 Hyundai Sonata (lol... if it's still running) and a modern Genesis being serviced at the same place. lol.

Invisible Fan, ths balla and Sajan like this.
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Stuff like having the same dealers is how they keep their costs down. Genesis was started because they wanted to offer luxury cars without the European markup. Their cars are just as good as the ones at BMW, MB, and they are more reliable. If they were to build their own Genesis dealerships, you will start seeing their prices go up. They also don't have enough sales right now probably to support standalone dealerships.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, but people looking at BMWs, MBs, etc are trying to at least feel elite, and for the most part, aren't looking for value -- not to mention how many of them are leased. They won't get that going to Hyundai dealerships. This is more like Acura, but even Acura has their own dealerships. Hyundai should be able to charge less for their cars - they are also one of the largest steel maker on the planet (though I don't know how that ties in to their auto operations).

8. Buck Turgidson

And plenty of people still opt for narcotics

9. adoo

adoo Member

it could be only if you're driving way above the speed limit

used to work at the only industrial-zoned location in Rancho PV, ~ Hawthorne Blvd & Crest Road, 3 blocks up from Ralph's, just before the nursery

#89 adoo, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

guess we know who wears the pants in that family.

Sajan likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Hippies don't wear pants.

jiggyfly and DonkeyMagic like this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

so is goat alright? wat are we discussing here?

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rachel Uchitel

Jontro likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Rachel Uchitel = Ill Cheetah Cur

@KingCheetah

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  15. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Right but people drive above the speed limit there all the time. Generally the locals know when to slow down but Tiger isn't a local. He probably drove around the curve and had no idea that there was a stop light.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. ths balla

ths balla Member

Went to what I thought was a Genesis dealer and got Hyundai salesman. Kid must of just watched "how to sell a car 101" clips on youtube because it was the most agonizing and annoying back and forth you could think of, far from a "luxury" experience.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jontro likes this.
  18. payaso

payaso Member

When he made the statement that he didn't remember driving, that resonated with me- before my joint replacement surgery I was on Norco 300g and a 72-hr Fentanyl 50mcg patch so I could sleep at night and get through the day ok. I was on the road most weeks and doing a lot of multi-day, monologue-type "IT best practices" presentation delivery, and found myself blacking out in the middle of a sentence around the 1-2P hour on several occasions. It was only a couple seconds but when I came to, I couldn't remember where I lost my place and had to apologize profusely... really embarrassing. Just like Tiger, I came out of it with lucidity; you couldn't tell I was on anything. When Prince died from Fentanyl OD, that was it for me... but then I was out of pain management altogether because I replaced it with pot, and per the pain management facility, you can't have THC in your system and still get their meds. Best decision I made at the time- I didn't have any more humiliating blackouts after that.
    With as much of Tiger's body f-ed up as royally as his is, I was probably on a fraction of what it takes for him to get through a day. Gotta say he's one tough mo-fo, but as many have already stated here, he needs a driver. Hell, he could afford Jeff Gordon at this point with all his bank...

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

“We have determined the cause of the crash. We cannot say why without Eldrick’s consent.”

April 1 —

The Los Angeles County sheriff says detectives have determined what caused Tiger Woods to crash his SUV in Southern California but would not release details Wednesday, citing unspecified privacy concerns for the golf star.

“A cause has been determined, the investigation has concluded,” Villanueva said during a live social media event Wednesday.

But Villanueva claimed investigators need permission from Woods to release information about the crash.

“We have reached out to Tiger Woods and his personnel," Villanueva said. "There's some privacy issues on releasing information on the investigation so we're going to ask them if they waive the privacy and then we will be able to do a full release on all the information regarding the accident.”

“We have all the contents of the black box, we’ve got everything,” Villanueva said. “It’s completed, signed, sealed and delivered. However, we can’t release it without the permission of the people involved in the collision.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...iscovered-detectives-won-t-reveal-it-n1262727

“It was speeding!”

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/07/tiger-woods-crash-investigation-report-results-revealed-lasd-golf/

Tiger Woods' car crash was caused by excessive speed, but there may be more to the story that we may never know ... TMZ has learned.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. will release the findings of their investigation Wednesday morning. It's a bit curious, because last week we were told the findings would not be released because of privacy laws.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Tiger was speeding when he lost control of his SUV and we're told the Sheriff is hanging the cause of the accident squarely on speed.

We're told the SUV's black box shows Tiger actually accelerated at the time of the crash. We're also told that just as Tiger lost control the SUV actually gained speed. What the Sheriff's Dept. does NOT know ... if Tiger was conscious when he lost control and careened down the embankment.

There's more ... law enforcement sources tell us, the Sheriff's Dept. did not get a warrant to check Tiger's cellphone to determine if he was on a call or texting at the time of the crash. Our sources say the Dept. felt it did not have probable cause to get a warrant for cellphone records, although that is often done in accident investigations.

Our law enforcement sources say Tiger was not helpful because he had no recollection of the crash. They say he hit his head 3 to 4 times on something hard in the cabin.

As we previously reported, the Sheriff had said there was no evidence Tiger was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, although authorities never tried to get a warrant to draw blood. They say they did not have the necessary probable cause.

We're told there will be no charges filed or citations issued against Tiger.

As you know by now, Tiger was on his way to an L.A. golf course when he crashed his Genesis GV80 SUV down the side of a hill in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

How convenient.

Invisible Fan and FrontRunner like this.