1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin as a Santa Cruz Warrior on a Teacher Salary

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lnchan, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

tillmen wishes he can sign jerry lin on a teacher's salary. he'll lead the tank platoon to record breaking heights.

s3ts, Zboy and tinman like this.
  2. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

You could question the whole defensive setup of that play. Why put Parsons on Lillard (instead of Beverley) in the first place? Why didn't Beverley or Harden switch off to cover Lillard when Parsons got screened? Why have Jones defend the in-bound to the post (instead of defending inbounding to the perimeter) when a turn-around shot there would require more time than a catch-and-shoot from the perimeter with only .9 seconds left? Truly disappointing...

Jontro likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeremy could be truly a groundbreaking athlete breaking down all barriers of race and sex when he joins the WNBA
    Immediately, he'll be the like the 10th best player in the league
    @Os Trigonum

VanityHalfBlack, CometsWin and Jontro like this.
  4. riko

riko Member

If lin didn’t *** up earlier it never got to that, stop trying to deflect

CometsWin and Jontro like this.
  5. yoeddy

? Lin left the court with a lead and less than a second on the clock. Lilliard was scoreless in the 4th quarter up to that point. How is this his fault?

If you are trying to blame him for earlier losses in the series, then yes, he made some critical mistakes, no one is denying that. But are you seriously trying to blame the back-up PG for losing the series? Not sure if you watched the series or just the highlight/lowlights on YouTube, but the only Rocket who showed up and played consistently well in that series was Dwight.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

He’s a LOF

That’s like telling salmon not to swim upstream and avoid getting eaten by bears

you can’t tell viruses not to infect

7. SunsRocketsfan

Does it matter? You do know Jimmer's back in the CBA and he just torched that sorry ass league for 70 points again!

tinman likes this.
  8. yoeddy

Salmon are viruses?o_O

9. yoeddy

I agree, it doesn't matter what Jimmer is doing. Obviously scoring a ton of points in the CBA for a losing team doesn't interest any teams in the NBA. Maybe Jimmer should join the G League...

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Jeremy needs to break down barriers by joining the WNBA
    Maybe Jesus will tell him to
    He can be the real Juwanna Mann
    @Reeko

11. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Why is there still so much debate on Lin?
    • Lin was overlooked, and should've been higher profile both heading into the NCAA and coming out of it
    • He made the best of an opportunity during Linsanity
    • He cashed that in with the Rockets
    • He was inconsistent, but showed that he belonged in the league. He is not a world beater or have top end talent but was still a solid role player.
    • He did mess up in some high profile situations
    • He was a really solid role player with the Nets pre injury
    • He was worse after that injury
    • He is trying to work back in the league, but the past injury and age are both working against him right now
    • I actually think he has a better grasp of the game, but the only way he gets back into the league as his physical skill decreases is if his 3pt shot take another step change
    • He is running out of time and I personally think there's maybe at most 30% chance he makes it.

Any other conversation around Lin is just side chatter, and distract from the main points.

12. yoeddy

Generally agree, although I think he was more than just a solid role player with the Nets. He and Brook Lopez were the clear leaders on that team when he wasn't injured. Admittedly, the roster was pretty thin that first season.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

A very fair post aside from your rhetorical opening question, especially since you've been here since 2002. :D You know why people love to debate Lin.

blahblehblah likes this.
  14. wizkid83

Yeah it was rhetorical. There's no reason to have this many random discussions for a player that played for what two and half year for us? Honestly, except for bbs instigated drama (with each other no less) Lin is such a non factor in Rockets history that there's no real reason to keep talking about him. The dude isn't leading any segments on ESPN any more, and I really don't remember any major blow ups prior to his departure. I mean, Pippen is on TV all the time and I get a viceral negative emotion every time he opens his mouth, but I don't get the urge to post about it and no one does either.

Quitten, Cato, Derek Fisher, greek Tmac and Stacy Augmen are all players more deserving of ongoing (negative) attention from rockets fans.

blahblehblah and B-Bob like this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

great call on Greek TMac, but I don’t recall the Augmon stuff.

blahblehblah likes this.
  16. wizkid83

Let me google on it. I remember actually liking him as a piece of the Pippen trade, he basically forced us to release him so he can return to the blazers. Memory might be failing me in my elder age and I have ill will erroneously :)

#156 wizkid83, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    B-Bob and blahblehblah like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

If non Rockets fans didn’t join Clutchfans and nut ride Lin, there would be zero people defending obvious mediocrity. I mean this dude is in the G league which we have a section for

18. s3ts

s3ts Member

You beat me to it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  19. s3ts

s3ts Member

I disagree on a few of these.
    • He made a mistake signing a poison pill contract, through an agent that treated him like a bag of cash. Screwed up his own RFA. Truly sealed the deal.
    • When it became clear he wasn't worth the 15 mil cap hit at year 3, he got traded to the Lakers. Had 2 years as a Rocket to prove himself, got overshadowed by Harden and Pat Bev.
    • On the last year as an expiring, he could've proven himself on the Lakers, missed that window because he performed worse on the contract year
    • Asians overvalued JLin because he's Asian, truly showing how terrible Asians are with their racism. While it's completely true that JLin was completely overlooked, and is a travesty, I was glad to see JLin gone so I don't have to deal w/ the Asian troll fans talking about JLin as if they knew what basketball is about.
    • JLin's reliance on speed and driving in the paint has not served him well, he ultimately did not adapt properly to the type of game that would've allowed him to play longer in the league.
    Aside from that, Linsanity was great. But Lin's fans clamoring on about him was obviously way too much for him to handle, and deserves a lot of blame for why he has such a bad rep.

20. yoeddy

My opinion on these:
    • He signed the only contract that was presented to him. Not sure what his alternative was.
    • Agree that he was overshadowed by Harden. Bev was a better fit with Harden as a 3/D guy, but did not "overshadow" Lin as a playmaker.
    • Lakers were in full-tank mode, but he actually performed well after the all-star break despite the tanking efforts by Byron Scott. He did prove his value with the Hornets the following year, resulting in a good contract with the Nets.
    • Not sure how supporting a guy who is an inspiration to your ethnic community makes you a racist.
    • Agreed.
    That Lin had so many Asian fans clamoring for him is a sign that Asians have very few heroes and role-models in the public eye. Not sure why that deserves "blame".