1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. SRR21

SRR21 Member

jch1911 likes this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bamba is better in switch or zone than drop coverage.

Like Wood, Bamba would thrive more in touch coverage than drop coverage.

Silas finally realized this and adjusted his hybrid defense accordingly.

Orlando has a starting 5, Vucevic, who is better in drop coverage that their coach, Clifford, prefers running.

Bamba is strictly Wood insurance and backup 5. Also an asset that can be developed and flipped.

Rockets dont need leadership from Bamba but they can teach him to be a better defender via the HOUnds.

4. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Don't think I thought much about it to be honest (my mistake) just got rid of some salary to make it work.

saleem likes this.
  5. ilias

ilias Member

Tucker could help the Bucks, but they won’t trade DiVincenzo for him, unless it’s part of a bigger trade that gets them a starting SG.

Something that could work for both teams is:
    HOU in: Wilson, Connaughton, 1 FRP, 1 SRP
    MIL in: Tucker, House

We get the FRP that neither Tucker or House will net us on their own. Bucks get 2 useful playoff rotational players that may allow them to contend this year. Having said that, I think both teams will have better options, so don’t see this happening.

Corrosion and Shark44 like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he's healthy mentally and physically, yes.
    Why is he being cut?

jch1911 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  7. jch1911

jch1911 Member

D-rock likes this.
  8. RLP55

RLP55 Member

I hear you D-Rock. Would love to have Bamba. Just believe ORL is not going to give him up for a 36 yo rental. If you have to throw in House and Mclemore, I say do it. We need the roster space. I have clamored for Williams from BOS, that ship has sailed ( for Tucker ) dude is finally getting minutes and producing. But I still think Bradley from PHL is doable.

Interesting about Shark mentioning the Bucks trade. Not crazy about DiVencenzo, but Wilson is interesting. Thinking the Bucks think highly of DV. Plus we don't need more guards. But finding a under utilized gem is essential for the roster building Stone needs to accomplish. Wilson fits that bill.

Not a fan of the Patton move, better options on NBA rosters. But he didn't cost any assets. He would have been better utilized with the Vipers, to give Porter more front court options to develope pnr. But the Rockets were desperate for a big body.

VO, Tucker, House, Mclemore need to be moved. Wall's contract makes him a tough move. Gordon for the right return, but I think this site under values him.

Kinda exciting to see what developes.

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree that Orlando wants a lot for Bamba/Gordon. I see them dealing something like:
    https://tradenba.com/trades/Q9Ghs

Orlando in: Kamba Walker

x

Boston in: Aaron Gordon / Bamba / Fultz/ James Ennis

Boston / Anige finally breaks down and gives up draft picks. After all it was rumored he would give
    up a couple of firsts for Lin/Asik and maybe even for Capela.

Boston may have to give up R Williams to Magic to get it done. If the plan was for Cole Edwards&Fultz to
    coexist on the Magic.....the Cole Edwards/Kamba/Vucivic can try their luck as well together.

Rockets can’t compete with that.

10. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

That is seriously awful for Orlando UNLESS it includes a few 1sts.

D-rock likes this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Which yeah, I have them getting 1st (‘s).......why I mentioned Ainge willing to give up 1st ‘s for Lin Asik and for Capela
    recently.

But Boston has to take back some trash some how:Fournier or Aminu or at least James Ennis

That’s the deal breaker for Tilman having to take back Aminu contract. Boston is more desperate.

Plus our center rpoint in the deal is god awful Oladipo and 2 points Tucker.

#3371 ApacheWarrior, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  12. SRR21

SRR21 Member

D-rock and saleem like this.
  13. sydmill

sydmill Member

Agree with everything here. Dipo/House and PJ/McLemore are packages that I hope to see net the Rockets both picks and a young player or 2 (was/am with you on Williams (+Nesmith) and Bradley (+Thybulle) in a PJ and B Mac deal). I am pretty close to just taking back whatever for Oladipo and House. I have previously posted a deal with NYK for Knox and some picks which is currently my floor were I Stone.

14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Kemba is virtually untradeable right now unless you include multiple 1sts. GMs are pissed that Ainge tried to shop him earlier this year knowing he is damaged goods. He is playing like crap and everyone knows he is done in Boston. I wouldn't take his contract for anything right now. He is one bad week away from not playing for a year. I don't like Wall's contract but Kemba's is virtually WORSE than Blake Griffin and that is just unimaginable.

Ainge is a bit on tilt right now. Pre Anthony Davis to Lakers everything he did was virtually perfect. Davis was a multiyear plan that FAILED. What did he do? Al Horford, Kemba, Kyrie (not moving him).

D-rock likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yet he is doing better than Dipo. Who we are pedaling.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Got it. Thanks. I know Noah had Covid, but if he is fit, he should replace Kurucs asap.

jch1911 likes this.
  17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

REALLY. Dipo has a sprained ankle and will be playing again and is an EXPIRING. Kemba has a 3yr deal with degenerative knees and cannot shoot for average. There is no comparison. In regards to Dipo I thought the only reason he was brought here was to be traded out a week later. I am no Dipo fan but he will be traded.

Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Kemba is averaging 19 points in his last 10 games (Feb) Dipo is averaging 12 points in the 1st 5 games of (Feb)

Dipo has gone from 21 pts a game with Pacers.....to 17 pts with Rockets originally to 12 pts a game in Feb.
    Rockets had to shut him down before he was averaging 6 points a game.

Oladipo is an expiring contract; which means they get him for 2 months before saying bye-bye.....off to Miami.
    Kemba is under contract control for those years while being 30 and fits right in with Vucevic 3 years and Cole
    Edwards 4 more years.

D-rock likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Off to Miami"? If he'll be happy taking a lot less money, sure.

Not that I see Miami as a trade destination. If our pick doesn't fall in the top 4, we keep the worst of the three---OKC, ours, Miami (likely Miami's).

Of course, Miami's been stinking it up and I don't know how much they'd improve with Oladipo. In any case, I'm sure he wants to keep those Bird rights.

And isn't Kemba's 19 ppg of the extremely-inefficient variety?

luckyman76, ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  20. RLP55

RLP55 Member

Good call sydmill. VO to NYK. A return of Knox is a good start. Dude showed flashes his rookie season, Started some 50 games, although on a crap squad. One of these KY players that come into the league a bit over rated. The last two seasons should have humbled him. A change of scenery and minutes could be all he needs. Would be a solid roster addition.