1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stone & Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Do you know what moving the goalposts is? I haven't moved anything. In fact you've failed to provide any rebuttal whatsoever, just a misused cliche.

I brought up the injuries because they're the obvious reason this team is losing games. Team was winning when healthy. And that is without the picks and swaps that NEED to be taken into consideration when evaluating Stone's performance. Going off the team's current record alone is just dumb

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

You know what's wrong here. We are use to a certain brand of consistency and competition with the team. Thats great because we care. We have to play to the long game and be patient we will be back on top soon these rebuilds are a drag but it is necessary.

3. hakeemthagreat

Simmons is not a player that should be the cornerstone of any trade involving a superstar. I'd take 7 draft picks over Simmons ANY day. Not sure why this board is so infatuated with a guy 3 years in and still scared of his own jumpshot. The funny part is he's convinced himself he doesnt need to fix this. NO WAY the Rockets do that deal

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

YOU raised subject that Rockets players are injured hence the losses.

I countered by saying FO and coaches consciously chose to invest in injured players so injury must have been factored in when these players were chosen.

The record is a byproduct of their mismanagement of said injured players.

Only one who cannot admit this as truth is you.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They get at least 3 yrs

Rocket River

Aruba77 likes this.
  6. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Nobody is saying they’re senior citizens. What you’re not understanding, is that when a ‘star’ is 25-26 years old, it’s already time to start winning. It’s time to start making the playoffs consistently and making playoff runs in the coming years. It’s time to start contending.

You really think a team with Simmons and Wood in the middle of their primes, while stuck with John f****** Wall and Eric Gordon, would be contending? They’d be a fringe playoff team for years. Simmons and Wood would walk in FA after consecutive mediocre seasons.

Building through the draft and prioritizing draft picks was the right choice. KPJ, KJ Martin, whoever we draft after tanking, or even if we acquired MPJ, are all under 22 years old. There would be no rush or pressure to start winning right away. When they reach their primes, Wall, Gordon, and these other vets won’t be here.

Corrosion likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Simmons averages more assists, rebounds, steals and blocks than Wall, nevermind Oladipo.

Simmons also defends 1-5 at an elite level.

Simmons is top 3 consideration for DPOY this season.

Simmons is 6'10.

Simmons is 24.

Scoring is not the only thing that matters in basketball.

If Rockets had Simmons instead of Oladipo, this team would be more successful right now, that is indisputable.

HP3 and SamFisher like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

I disagree.

Porter/Wall
    EGo/Thybulle/Sterling
    Tate/Nwaba
    Simmons/Tucker/KJ
    Wood/Patton

This would be a team full of HOUnds.

You can win with defense.

Especially in the postseason.

9. hakeemthagreat

All you just described was a athletic Chuck Hayes. Atleast Oladipo can play both sides of the ball. Simmons is a complete liability in any offensive system you place him in. Building a team around that will set our franchise back another 5-10 years. Sorry, but no thanks

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Chuck Hayes was 6'6 and was no where near the transition threat or playmaker that Simmons is.

Chuck was beloved but was barely a starter. Simmons is a multiple All Star and still to not at his prime.

Making this comparison just proves your ignorance, those 2 players are nothing alike.

Oladipo is going to be 29, injury prone, inefficient scorer, mediocre playmaker and on expiring contract but wants the max.

Simmons will be 25, elite defender and passer, and still has future value.

Please learn basketball.

11. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

That team would be a 6-8 seed at best.

Would be a top 3 defense, but top 5 worse offense.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets are already a bottom 5 worst offense.

I'd rather have that AND win.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Porter may never had happened if not for the trade. His locker being moved because of Allen and Prince is why he had the incident. I know you like to separate the deals but it’s likely that KPJ isn’t a Rocket in any other scenario. He’s the best part of that trade to me.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Woods needs some talent up front with him. We need to find another dynamic big that compliments Wood, another version of him perhaps.

Woods
    ? A Tatum type player or Brandon Ingram
    Nwaba/Tate combo
    ?
    Wall

tierre_brown, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

I really do not see the connection between the 2 deals at all.

Porter was on thin ice even before the locker incident, Cavs GM was just looking for a reason to dump him. Cavs team was DEEP in guards. Especially young guards, that is why Porter played out of position at SF last season.

Have you heard somewhere that this was a quid pro quo?

HP3 likes this.
  16. HookemHorns1250

I guess I don’t understand the hate for Stone and Silas.

Stone was put in a very difficult situation, and I think he did a fantastic job with what he had.

I don’t think Silas is able to run the type of offense he wants to with this current roster. People forget we were what.. 11-6 when our guys were healthy?

How about we actually give Stone and Silas more than a month before we call for their jobs. I know it’s hard for some Clutchfans members, but it’s not as if we’re chasing a ring this year. Some of y’all need to learn patience.

hakeem94 and Zen Tabak like this.
  17. markiboy

markiboy Member

I will just wait for next season and see what will happen. Our season this year is over. Just accept that.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

The picks we could have gotten for Simmons are better than what we got for the Nets deal.

s3ts and hakeem94 like this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Terrible take imo. Stone rebuild our draft capital, signed Wood, found and signed Tate, and traded for KPJ who has potential to be a franchise leader. All of that in a few months.

20. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

How so?

KD, Kyrie, and Harden can all be free agents after 2022. Harden and KD are already over 30. The picks go as far out as 2027 when they’ll be retired or washed up.

Philly not only had less picks to offer, but wanted to put protections on them.

It’s a better gamble that Brooklyn falls apart rather than Philly, who has two young stars in Embiid and Simmons locked up on long-term contracts.

T FOR 3!!!, hakeem94 and Corrosion like this.