1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oladipo..............Not seeing it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Jan 27, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Undesirable picks?

ElPigto likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

They likely are. Im just being real with you guy. Expecting those picks to turn out great just isnt realistic. The Nets are not a poorly run organization anymore.

D-rock likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Their two best players are over 30, one of them coming off a severe achilles injury and requires very restrictive minutes. They'll be elite for the next two seasons but beyond that they probably are going to be in rebuilding mode especially if Harden gets his ring. I don't see him staying with the Nets if he gets his ring this or next season.

4. riko

riko Member

Imagine a GM would trade the best combo guard to ever play for this crippled bozo

pippendagimp and D-rock like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Or what if they decide to resign fir one more year? Or what if they do a sign and trade when any one of their superstar players leave? KD,Harden and Kyrie will all age very very well. On top of all that you expect the Nets to be some bottom feeder so we get a top pick lol, like I told you they are not incompetent it’s very unlikely they will be fielding a bad team. 4 of these pick swaps literally don’t matter.

D-rock likes this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The range of outcomes is so varied and wide that you sound like what you are, a random person on the internet arguing into the wind about something that has a minuscule amount of certainty. Time exceptionally well spent if you ask me!

I think the odds are much higher that none of their best players are on the team the last few years of what’s owed than even two of them.

SuperKev likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay starting off the convo like a jerk , lol okay I’ll play. This whole forum is built on pointless conversations which don’t contribute to anything, which you yourself participate in.

And I think it’s unlikely that the Nets let all three of them walk without compensation and expecting a competent organization to be incompetent is a stupid gamble. Thank you for playing and losing sir.

D-rock and peleincubus like this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Maybe I was thinking of myself when I posted that. I bow to your flatulence of the mouth.

SuperKev likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Lmao its not like I claimed that time was well spent on here, I havent even been posting that much lately. Perhaps its time for me to lower my posting frequency even more. :D

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If Harden ages as well as all the players has predicted, those net picks r probably gonna b sht. He dragged teams of legit trash in the competitive west, man doesn't have to do much to just make it into playoffs in the east. We all think nets r gonna b trash in a few years, but it all depends on hardens health, the tank who have yet to b sideline by major injuries

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Dude I’m just screwing around. Don’t take what I’m saying seriously.

jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  12. thekad

thekad Member

You have to be truly delusional to believe even a 35 year old Harden (and 33 year old Kyrie) can't drag a team to the playoffs in the East.

HP3 likes this.
  13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'd be very surprised if Kyrie stayed there or anywhere for 5 years. The Heat were made up of best friends and they only lasted 4. I think the days of great players sticking together for a long time are dead.

14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I'll offer an alternative take. I don't think it has anything to do with the competence of the organization but rather the fickleness of uncontrollable stars. The Nets obviously look good and Harden looks great as we knew he would. I don't think they win this year but I certainly believe they are right there. I believe the same thing is possible for next year again barring injuries. They are under immense pressure to win it all and short of trading Kyrie have no ability to really improve. At that point, all 3 are FA. It would not surprise me that all 3 leave because of internal tension and frustration of coming up short. I think Kyrie is the odd man out of that group. I think Durant and Harden will be fine together wanting to play kingmaker again and will pick another situation to move onto. I put this as a possibility and not as a lock or necessarily 50/50. I genuinely think Harden and Durant like playing together and it is very natural.

HP3 likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don’t talk like that about Eric Gordon.

DD

DCHAMP, HP3 and jiggyfly like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Sure, but if it implodes what are the odds that Brooklyn loses all three of them or ends up with nothing? Or doesnt sign someone else? Im just concerned about waiting for picks this long to materialize and hoping they are that bad. We traded our franchise player for this haul...Im just not a fan of this particular type of gambling.

17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

First, I'll address the trade. It was basically this or Simmons without the picks. I think it would have encouraged us to be the same treadmill team with a non superstar with the same financial commitment. I am sure we would not have tanked and would have kept trying to do the same with less. Brooklyn was definitely the higher upside and higher risk option that we chose. Dipo should have been moved IMMEDIATELY to the Knicks. I cannot understand it.

I don't disagree with you about the gambling but I actually think this has a reasonable probability of happening and we will know after next year so not a long wait. If they lose 1 its either Durant or Irving and then it is most definitely all 3 because they cannot replace the lost star. I think the last FA trend will continue and stars are going to pick new musical teams and LA is out and so is NY. I see Durant and Harden attached at the hip. I have no doubt Brooklyn will try to replace the cap slots but I don't think it will just rotate with equal options and they will be down at least one slot because of how far over the cap they are now. I think Brooklyn will go through another post Celtics trade slide. Brooklyn became sexy because of Russell, Dinwiddie, Allen, LeVert and that attracted Kyrie, Durant, and Harden. Who is Harris going to attract?

In fact, here is another STUPID hypothetical. Let's say we couldn't clear two max cap slots EASILY. Don't you think, Brooklyn would try like hell to help us get their stars to get back some of their assets? Its rich irony but I noticed early that it is not that far off. I do believe if the Nets win a chip they will all stay there and try to continue to make it work because of the legacy.

This is why it is so important that after Wood and maybe Tate that we start acquiring real young talent with our draft assets and through trade to make the appearance of these assets worthwhile in 2022 FA. Hell, we don't even know the true value of our other players because we don't give them any damn minutes. Cousins (gone), Wall (gone 2022), EGo (gone 2022), Dipo (gone), Tucker (gone), Exum (gone) were never going to entice ANYONE to come here. Those were old or injured players that stars are not going to want to carry anymore. They want young guys to be able to compete and save their old asses. Harden left here because he was TIRED of CARRYING the Rockets. Any superstar is going to be around 30-33 and want to prolong their career. The pair you get in FA can maybe bring another star through trade but you better have at least one and two other very good players for them to think you can create a team of 6-8. It's simple numbers.

2022 FA has everybody and we can get two if we are smart and hopefully that goes along with a high lottery pick from this year and next to start a new Rockets era. If we build this team right we will only lose 2 late 1sts to OKC in later years and the pick swaps will have never been used.

jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Oladipo....I’m seeing sh*t

no way in hell he has any real value

D-rock likes this.
  19. Mr. Space City

Oladipo sees that you're not seeing it

[​IMG]

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member