1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: “We’re just not good enough....”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Jan 12, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You mean the same Westbrook that only got 47 wins in his MVP year with the same type of players?

Beal was not this good before he got hurt.

And Westbrook never made it past the 1st round without Harden or Durant and that was with Oladipo and George.

2. xaos

xaos Member

I don't care what numbers you show me or even meaningless wins, Westbrook was never better than Wall... even MVP Westbrook.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So that could have been him talking about Wall as well and certainly not calling out harden.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

IMO, they are on about the same level. Beal is better than both of them. The Wizards have been Beal's team for a while.

Westbrook has higher ceiling and Wall has higher floor. Wall has never lived up to the hype coming out from college. But he's not a bad player, just not a supermax kind of guy. He is quite consistent throughout his career when he's healthy.

Westbrook can be devastating, sometimes to his opponent, sometimes to his own team. He has played terribly, much worse than Wall this season, until the recent winning streak. Suddenly he got back to his ceiling form, like he did for a couple of months last year. I wouldn't be surprised he if he regressed again later.

Rocket River, Monkeychef02 and HP3 like this.
  5. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

More dumb **** smh

6. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Go look at the teams in the west that year he only won “ 47 games” and look at his roster. Oladipo wasn’t good good yet and Sabonis was still a rookie. Smh with no shooters.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

too many big words huh

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No point debating this. Both Westbrook and Wall suck ass.

D-rock and Monkeychef02 like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Let’s not go crazy here

Over their 5 game winning streak he’s scoring 20 points on 44/0/48 shooting splits. That’s 45% TS. 98 ortg 107 drtg.

This is awful.

His awesome stretch with us was several orders of magnitude better than these last 5 games.

Easy and HP3 like this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Fair enough. I didn't really checked his aggregated numbers. I just watched game highlights and looked at the boxscores. He's back to his triple double self.

Now that I've checked, interestingly, he didn't make a single 3pt shot during the streak, and took only 9 shots in 5 games. Remember when he was with us, his great performance started after he stopped shooting 3s. That's the secret of his success. :D

D-rock likes this.
  12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Both are really good players and neither are worth what they are paid. If we had either one at 20 million instead of 43 million we would all be singing a different tune.

Easy likes this.
  13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’m not so sure about that.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-nba-player-projections/russell-westbrook/

Based on this models value based on production, Westbrook was worth about 8 million dollars for us last season and projects to be worth well under 20 million for the rest of his career.

Second time I will say this today, but I REALLY don’t think some have grasped just how bad Westbrook has become.

HP3 likes this.
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Depends on what we are trying to do. The only reason I say that is because we could have traded him for something much more value than John Wall if he was 20 million dollars instead of 43 million. I agree he's not a great or smart basketball player. If his athleticism dwindles he will be even worse. I just don't expect either to be on this team anymore since Harden left and they are just Tradeable at 20 million.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

You picked the wrong hill to die on.

Beto O'Rourke, Al Green, Julian Castro, Sheila Lee and many many others, even non Texans were doing all they could, small AND large efforts, to assist Texans in need.

Hell, even Harden was calling Houston officials DAILY trying to arrange MULTIPLE ways he could help.

Cruz is a yellow bellied lying self centered elitist b**** who is despised by everyone who knows him. For good reason, on both sides of the aisle.

Anyone who kisses the ass so passionately and so often of the same guy who called his wife ugly and accused his father of murder is despicable. Same guy who sent a mob to kill you and your staff.

No balls.

Only after he was chastised and humiliated after his Cancun stupidity did Cruz actually do something like distributing water.

Pathetic.

"How Politicians like AOC Are Helping After Texas Winter Storm | PEOPLE.com" https://people.com/politics/what-politicians-in-texas-are-doing-for-winter-storm-relief/?amp=true

kkthksbai and HP3 like this.
  16. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Not sure why. Present team isn't the team he left, and doesn't have him on it.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden would take this very team to playoffs, 5th seed or higher.

He's done it before.

Cstyle42 likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Expectations for Harden is always higher. It's literally all or nothing.

He pretty much spoiled Rockets fans on day 1 to the point where his flame outs were so unreal that it forced people to believe one thing or the other.

This talk is a waste of time, and will only begin on his last day of the season.

jiggyfly, D-rock, riko and 1 other person like this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

No one did anything during the storm, no one could.... Its w/e I don't care, Cruz is not a major political figure and I don't expect anything from him. Respect for AOC on raising the money. She is a true warrior and survivor, Cruz almost got her got...

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

never thought I’d witness a 20 game losing streak and counting, but here we are

Wall, Wood, and Dipo can’t even beat an OKC team playing a bunch of young, unknown guys

D-rock, YOLO and HP3 like this.