1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAM BOMB] Rockets and Cousins Parting Ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Boston84

Boston84 Member

he sees his best friend being waived and he’s defending him. No more no less

AceOfSpades and YOLO like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's cool if you want to be hard headed, but the facts are John and Boogie are friends. John wants his friend to have a job and he is going to say whatever he has to say to at least be a positive reinforcement that Boogie has something left in the tank. Whether it means anything or not to front office executives doesn't matter, but John is just being a loyal friend.

It's not really that hard. I don't understand why you want to keep arguing this lol.

Boston84 and YOLO like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Boogie deserves a standing ovation

[​IMG]

Nook, D-rock, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I don't feel the need to make up **** to make them feel better. Don't know about your friends, but mine value honesty over BS.

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Because you keep arguing back?

BTW, you have told me they were friends 4 times. I knew before the first one.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Very cool, then maybe you already knew the answer to your own question but wanted to extend the discussion.

jiggyfly and YOLO like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean he isn't exactly making anything up. he's merely vouching and supporting a friend whose been trying to claw back a role in the league for years. what a real friend does. If that's such a surprise and awe to you then yeah my post still applies. The fact that you're so on edge about it is pretty pathetic. but then again there's alot of folks on this board that are shitty people in life anyway. just another case in point

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

You and I have different ideas about what real friends do. Seems to me you must be the one on edge to call someone out to be pathetic and a shitty person because their ideas differ from yours.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm far from on edge. I just realize you're a shitty person thats it and I'd feel sorry for anyone that thinks you were a real friend. that's not my problem. that's all you lol. you're on a message board really questioning why someone is vouching for another friend. let that sink in how pathetic that is. it probably won't though because again, you're just a shitty person lol

10. mightybosstone

Who cares if there's a difference, though? Again, you're just arguing semantics. I don't care if the Rockets are actively trying to be terrible or are just straight up terrible without trying—they're terrible either way. Also, the Sixers are hardly the only team to try this and do so successfully. Look at how Ainge rebuilt in Boston by dealing all of his aging superstars to the Nets and rebuilding from scratch.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on both counts here. I don't think there are many teams out there (if any) willing to trade anything of value for Wall and the $90 million left on his contract after this season. And if there were, I think it would be in the best interest of the Rockets to do that in a heartbeat. It immediately makes you a worse team, which helps you gain better draft picks, and you'd be getting draft picks in return. Why would you wait if that deal was out there for you?

OK, but they don't have a "no brainer franchise player" now. And they're not going to sign one in free agency. The only way to get one is through the draft, and you better your odds of getting better players and picks by losing more games. Hence, why tanking is the best route to long-term success right now.

Free agents? Dude, the Rockets are so far away from the "let's get high-quality free agents to come play here!" conversation as they possibly could be. Their superstar is gone. What's left it a weird mix of young and old that can't win basketball games. And their last offseason was a total disaster. You're right in that they need to rebuild their image, but they need to do it from the ground up with youth, not try to cling to relevance with an odd collection of misfit veterans and young cast-offs.

Also, nobody's going to give you a "nice prize" to pay John Wall $47 million in a year and a half. Why would they?

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

You don't know or realize squat. A couple lines on a blog give you the evaluation tools necessary to measure what kind of person someone else is? Really?

Should we go look at all your posts and pick one of them to evaluate you?

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure. I don't sit on a message board questioning a friend supporting a friend. again that's you lol. It tells plenty when that's such a foreign concept for yourself. The fact that you don't see or realize any of this is what's pathetic and a you problem

you say all this and you're judging wall by saying he looks like a fool. ironic lmao. do better

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I fully support John supporting his friend. WTF are you talking about? I merely said he didn't have to mention his on the court basketball skills in doing so.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah you don't. dont back peddle now mr. look the fool

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

No back peddling here. Read my posts.

Resorting to calling people names? You just lost. Haha.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

a ton of back pedaling

that's calling people names? that's what you yourself posted lmao

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I needed an argument. Thanks!

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

makes sense for someone with no real friends. gotta use a message board for any type of interaction lmao

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Close this thread.

One of you always seems to be in the middle of the "arguing with a complete stranger on the Internet".

20. psaman17

psaman17 Member

John wall also said James Harden and him were on the same page and they were looking forward to playing together as a Houston Rockets. John wall is the kind of guy that would make sh*t up infront of the media to bring good press. There are tons of people like that out there.

D-rock and ElPigto like this.