1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tanks-A-Lot!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BamBam, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Young Tanking - Playing Young players to learn the system and the culture . .. GOOD!!
    Old Tanking - Playing Old Players who are desperately trying to show the league they still have value . . .. BAD

Rocket RIver

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

@JCDenton please chart the probability

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Agreed but... tanking is bad.

I look at it this way..., we have 5 weeks to get Wall, Dipo, PJ, Gordon, playing well. We might win some games but right now their value is crap in part because of the unintentional "tank." Start playing well again, win some games, and then swing each and every one of those guys for some actual value. March 25th is the deadline, so like I said, we got 5 week to start playing well and increase perceived value which you hope combines with a top team trying to take a step(almost all Eastern Conf) or maybe an injury (LAL) creates a great trade partner. But none of that is possible if our **** 'aint worth ****.

clos4life and don grahamleone like this.
  5. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

if we do tank, i'd rather it be this yr than next, even with the potential ramifications with okc. i really like cade cunningham and evan mobley's game.. and jalen suggs seems alright also.

i know that next yr we get to keep our pick, but i just can't see chet holmgren putting on enough weight to be over 180 lbs completely soaked lol.

6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i dont get why you want us to tank. you think Adam Silver is going to give us a top 4 pick? You're dreaming.

and yes the lottery is rigged. change my mind

Corrosion likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Is it just me or is it going to be weird when Christian Wood comes back? He helps us win games and after 8 in a row, I'm pretty sure we're trying to lose.

ApacheWarrior and BamBam like this.
  8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I’m sure the entire team, including CWood know what has to be done at this point. The hard part was securing the 4th spot, that’s been done, so I’m sure he’ll follow suit like the rest of the tank squad. Besides, Wood can’t score as long as Wall is being ISO-ME all the time. Wall is our franchise tank leader! ;)

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Say it louder for the people in the back. They aren't even watching the games anyway. Wall is a one man tank show. Waves everyone off every play. One move, speed rush to the basket and beg for calls that honestly aren't there half the time. He let a rebound go right over his head complaining I swear I'll jam a squirrel in him if he ever pulls that **** again.
    Competitive? What a joke. IF those teams made the playoffs they got whooped, use a different adjective because that one is categorically inaccurate. What you're asking for is to be too proud to admit this team has quit, be too proud to admit the team needs more help than what's coming if they don't tank. Pretend like Yao and Hakeem weren't #1 overall selections. Francis #2. Pretend like another Harden type player is going to be handed over for Kevin Martin and Jeremy F. Lamb. THAT's the joke friend. You want pride and luck, that's not a strategy. That's a veteran team slipping away into utter mediocrity. At least tanking is an actual plan.

You have the audacity to call it stupid when your preference is to still lose too many games to call a team competitive, indefinitely, for the even slimmer chance that a superstar will be traded here rather than drafted. Or do you think Kawhi wants to come bail out THIS roster?

Richie_Rich and BamBam like this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I would be more optimistic if we actually have a Lowry on the team.

Patience and ipaman like this.
  11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Let's not started congratulating each other yet, I ran the sim 10 times and we kept our pick 4. We better 'improve' our chances by being even worse.

Richie_Rich and Corrosion like this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

We sure needed another tank thread. Thanks!

13. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Tanking sucks and is for losers. I’m hoping for a quick rebuild idk if I can handle multiple seasons of tanking.

clos4life and J.R. like this.
  14. macan

macan Member

so any good players in next year's draft??

15. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Literally no one wants a process as far as I've seen. We want this god awful year to be the only one and view a one season nuke as the quickest way to rebuild.

You enjoying all your winners on this team?

16. MadRox

MadRox Member

Even with worst record in league doesn't guarantee top 4 pick, you still get 47.9% chance of landing 5th pick
    [​IMG]

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You understand that 7 of our 12 man squad pretty much are leaving and becoming free agents. Free agents
    probably are not breaking down the front door to have Tilman as their boss.

1) Oladipo (expiring contract)
    2) Cousins (expiring contract)
    3) Nwaba (expiring contract)
    4) Sterling Brown (expiring contract)
    5) Ben McLemore (expiring contract)
    6) Exum (expiring contract)
    7) Clemons (waived)........Kurucs should be waived.

Steve Francis was a high draft pick that the Rockets cultivated and turned for McGrady.

Yao, high draft pick again.

Who exactly are you planning to groom to get a Tracy McGrady this off-season?

#37 ApacheWarrior, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

It's not pride friend, I'm a season ticket holder and I want to see guys play hard, be competitive, W or L don't matter honestly. Just give a damn while you build something.

tmac2therack and Roc Paint like this.
  19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

smh that's not even ms paint

sydmill likes this.
  20. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

"It's not pride" -> mentions status as season ticket holder

"Want to see guys...be competitive" -> "W or L doesn't matter" in response to me wanting to tank? What side are you even on??

Just give a damn???? I give all the damned damns about this team damn it. Letting this abomination unto sport exist for another month of shitball isn't worth one more 2nd round pick. The only thing they are building is tension. I'm sick to death of it and it's not even all-star break.

Richie_Rich and ApacheWarrior like this.