1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: “We’re just not good enough....”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Jan 12, 2021.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Prime Westbrook ***** on Wall. But the problem is prime CP ***** on prime Westbrook :(

RHU525 likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He chirps too much.
    I seen to many times where he comes down
    And just shoots ...I know no one else will touch the ball.
    I seem someone say it was refreshing to see the Rockets bring the ball up without waiting to give it to Harden.
    But then I see Wall run to half court to take it from them or they waited for him to get it.

I dont want to be a wall basher but
    He can do better.
    He has a smoother handle and a bit quicker
    But
    I dont see a significant difference between Wall and Ego. Dipo is not too far behind them.

Contrary to what he says
    They are all 2 guards and not PGs

Rocket River

fattz, D-rock and vator like this.
  3. MettaWorldPete

Agreed, and this is a rare instance where I can look back at my earlier posts without embarrassment -during the streak I said that any big streak against inferior opponents is definitely a good sign, just that people should tap the brakes based on our strength of schedule. My conclusion was that, if healthy, we had a mid-tier squad which is still what I believe.

darksoul35, D-rock and Magicsaint like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

It’s easy to play good defense when the other team is terrible and there best players are out. Gimmick. And once again context matters. No the rockets are not a playoff team.

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Is there any leader that did this during the winter storm? Both R or D, other than their tweets on staying warm when houses where reaching 35 degrees inside? Monday, Tuesday , Wednesday maybe even Thursday when most had power back? Did anyone go out and deliver food when all the roads where ice and we were told to stay home. I'd like to see who did what, I just haven't heard of it. Or are we holding Cruz to a different standard because Trump supporter?

As with Stone, we are not the first team to lose 8 games in a row. We may lose 20 or maybe even more and its still part of a rebuilding team. There really aren't any deals that will net us a true star in his prime to build around. Even Wood is a big question mark due to his body frame and potential injuries. I want to win as bad as you but we are not going to this year, I mean how can they? Even Chicago looked stacked and dominant with a super star type player. So many teams that have been rebuilding are starting to surface and excel and the teams that where good are starting to sink and rebuild.

I hope soon than later I can enjoy watching Rockets basketball again but its so damn early, its not even half way through the season even if it feels like it. Its exhausting but what can possibly change? I don't care for interviews, when there is a deal that helps us pull the trigger that's all I ask. No PR scripted interviews.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Funny how a Washington winning streak makes people think Westbrook is better than Wall now. Remember not that long ago people are saying how much Wall was better than Westbrook when we were riding a winning streak and the Wizards were a bottom feeder?

Yeah, Clutchfans is bipolar.

Rockets4Life13, Rocket River and YOLO like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IKR

I don't care much for either of them
    Wiz winning dispite Westbrook not because of him .. . IMO

Rocket River

Easy likes this.
  8. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Lmaoooo

9. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Wall has never been better than westbrook. Man you say a lot of dumb ****. Smh

Rocket River likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This did not age well.

11. riko

riko Member

Westbrook fully healthy is better then wall. Wall is a career loser and makes no one better. Russ for his lack of IQ is a far better player. Wall had his chance without Wood to carry this team and failed miserably.

That’s 8 straight losses in his watch. This is who he has always been. Career loser

fattz likes this.
  12. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

In no point in human history has wall ever been a better basketball player than westbrook. And thats if you ignore off court intangibles such as being a teammate and leader

13. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

I know CF hates Westbrook, but there’s no denying he’s individually better than John Wall. Always has been. Especially a healthy Russ.

The hope was that John Wall was a better fit, better team player, and more of a natural point guard. That obviously hasn’t been the case.

Easy likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

When did Silas call out Harden for iso'ing to much?

When did agree the Wall about Harden being a distraction?

I saw none of that.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why are you knocking him for not winning more with those guys?

who is good outside of Beal?

None of those other guys are great players.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Man take this **** to the D&D.

Take your Trump love to the place it belongs.

clos4life and juanm34 like this.
  17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

They are all legit NBA guys players and Beal is an all-star. The fact that they he couldn't win 50 and most of the time was around 500 in the East is horrible. Wall's inefficient game does not produce wins. Guards that can't shoot don't win in the modern NBA. Wall is the poor man's Westbrook and he is coming off an achilles injury.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes they are legit NBA players but what is that actually saying? does that have to do with winning over 50 games?

Those are not starters on a 50 win team.

I don't think Wall is all of that but he has not had good players all around him and he made Otto Porter.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Other real stars would win 50 in the East with Beal and other average players. Westbrook in he prime would even win 50 with Beal.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

After 1 of the games (I don’t remember which one exactly), Silas complained post-game about there being too much ISO