1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: “We’re just not good enough....”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Jan 12, 2021.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

And where the f*** is Stone? Is he like damn, this team is ass and pulling a Ted Cruz? My man is like forget this, I’m out...y’all figure it out. He’s in Cancun drinking tequila in the middle of a natural disaster.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Exactly!! Cruz could have been here handing out blankets or working on the power generators and power lines!! But nooooo he just had to go to Mexico, Stone should suit up and play Center for us... I'm sure he can totally change the outcome...

fattz likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Westbrook is better than Wall.

One is a former MVP and perennial 1st team All Star in the more competitive West and the other is 3rd team All Star in the crappy East.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

So public officials should not publicly lead during times of crisis?

So GM can only help his team during a historic losing streak by suiting up and playing?

Shirkers are shirkers.

You can down play cowardice but in the end it's still cowardice.

The greatest leaders lead from the front.

5. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Kinda miss Russ a little, not going to lie.

Always felt from day one he was the better player and leader for the first year of this rebuild. He’s the easier guy to flip and boost his value compared to John Wall. A healthy Russ can still drop 30/10/10 on any given night, albeit inefficiently at times.

Russ also has closer connections to the top stars in the league — PG, Kawhi, LeBron, Butler, etc., to the point where if those teams struggled, I could see them pushing their teams to acquire Russ.

Oh well. At least we got a FRP.

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

rafael wesbruke isn't even my favorite ninja turtle. michelangelo was.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

So realistically what could have Cruz done? I did not give a single F about Cruz from Sunday till Thursday because I was too damn cold to actually give one. He is a senator for Texas, a senator.... Not the governor, not the mayor not the manager at the frozen windmills... Cruz could have been here freezing his ass off like the rest of us and that's it... What can Stone do? Quick, trade for Durant, Irving and Harden? The GM is tied up, you may not want to go 15 more seasons without a playoffs win but you may have to because just like getting the power turned back on it took time and more than we would like. Because we weren't ready for a winter storm and The Rockets weren't ready to lose Harden. That was Morey's job, the man who was here how many years? to build and create a strong foundation and future..... Now we have to sit down and hope for the best.

CVcrew likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

If you have to ask what Cruz could be doing for his constituents during a catastrophe then you are absolutely clueless.

Even something as thoughtful as checking on elderly, delivering food or water could have saved a life or brought some small but significant alleviation of the misery.

Stone may be working on trades (or he may not be) but the very least he can do is take some of the heat of his bedraggled coach and team.

Come out of hiding and do a damn interview once every blue moon.

8 game losing streak and he's nowhere to be seen.

Both of them behaving like lousy uncaring leaders at best, insipid cravens at worst.

10. riko

riko Member

It was short but sweet

D-rock likes this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'd for starters place it on John Wall.

Me-me-me. I loved his telegraphed lazy pass which was picked off and then he immediately starts blaming his teammate as if it was their fault.

You kind of live with that sh*tty attitude when you have a generational talent like Harden.

When you've got a run of the mill guy who's 1/50th of the talent Harden is that shouldn't fly one bit.

12. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I would consider it a "gimmick" if it was a streaky offense that led to wins. But Rockets during that stretch were also playing great defense. So I think they were genuinely good and playing well especially with Wood in the lineup. Post Wood injury we saw many games where Wall and Gordon miss some games and with Dipo completely out. You cant expect the Rockets to win with all this.

Maybe not a deep playoffs team but with healthy WOW and current role players, Rockets are defintely a playoffs team. With Wood injury, it just makes sense to tank and get better with either picks or trade by surrounding players around Wood.

13. MettaWorldPete

It’s easier to play good d against weak/decimated opponents. Of course the injuries hurt us but the win streak doesn’t indicate how we’d do against decent teams. This squad is injury prone anyway, so that has to be considered when talking about how good it is.

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

What is Silas supposed to say? "Our guys are trying hard, but we just don't have the talent to be very good and are going to lose a lot more games than we win and any time we are not at full strength even the worst teams can beat us at least half the time. We hope to get better in a couple of seasons and return to the playoffs."

#215 glynch, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    jiggyfly likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas had no problem calling out Harden for iso'ing too much.

Or agreeing with Wall about Harden being a distraction.

No such cajones to say same to Wall.

Until last night after game, although he did so in passive aggressive way as Silas is wont to do.

But will anything change?

Doubt it, the 1st unit reeks and is horribly inefficient, been that way for multiple games. But Silas continues to baby that starting unit even when they are trash together.

It all starts with Wall.

fattz, vator and Rocket River like this.
  17. hakeemthagreat

It's called tanking. Golden State just got through doing it last year, and we're doing it this year. I have absolutely no problem with it. Don't understand how you can blame the coach in a year we're 100% tanking

bmelo and Astrodome like this.
  18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Modern NBA requires effecient shooters. We don't even have one on this team and no basketball gawd to make them them look even average. We literally had the best offensive player to ever lace them up and you guys found ways whine about him.

Monkeychef02 and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  19. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Well we would not know much how it would have been against good teams had injuries not been so rampant and had Wood/Dipo available in the top form. And even if they were weak/decimated opponents it makes the argument that Rockets took care of business by beating these weak teams right? But you are correct that injury prone squad does begs the question whether any of these core players can stay healthy the entire season.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's not that we don't have a lot of data on wall. He played with beal, gortat, markief, bogdonovic, and porter and managed to only win 49 games in the East. This in his prime, preinjury Wall.

D-rock likes this.