1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 2/22/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2021.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If the Wizards win tonight, we got the 4th worst record.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

No, the more losses the better at this point. It will force the Rockets to deal their veterans.

Yes, the Rockets may lose their lottery pick, but I will take the 38-48% chance of keeping it over the much lower odds with a better record.

This is all about getting assets and developing young players.

Deuce, James.B.H, vator and 2 others like this.
  3. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I feel like we we are in an era of rebuilding, but not a 100-loss Astro Era of rebuilding (especially since it won't work as well in basketball as it did with baseball).

There are definite bright spots (Wood, Tate, etc); but we kind of have to let go of the idea that this team is close to being a contender. This is a work in progress in the early stages.

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If you want to tank don’t trade 2 ****ing picks and 2 swaps for Russel Westbrook. Don’t trade Harden for less than a young star despite his wish to go to Brooklyn. Tilman ****ing sucks.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and who is the TOP CANNOT MISS Player in the Top 4

Busts happen every year

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

They've quit.

You know what would make this team better?

James Harden. We'd be the 4th or 5th seed and lose in the 2nd round because that's what he could do all by himself.

This team is **** grade crap poop.

BamBam, D-rock, Rocket_ph and 2 others like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

For some reason, it feels better to u for the team to lose 6 out of 10 instead of going on 8 game losing streaks even tho it decreases their odds at a top 4 pick and the end result is still the same with the team being trash. U are basically wanting the Rockets to be 12th or 13th in the conference instead of 14th. It makes zero sense. Do u even have a point?

tanking or just sucking...Idc...the end result needs to be keeping their top 4 protected pick

YOLO likes this.
  8. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Rather than bottoming out and having a 52% chance at a top 4 pick, let’s win a few games to finish as an 11th seed instead and have a 100% chance of getting pick 20 from Miami.

Seems logical.

9. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Good night. I hope that you eventually get a grasp on the concept of humor.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Rockets need to combine every asset they need in a trade to get John Collins. I don’t care that he wants a max. He’s young and proven and wants out.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

We trade away WB and became the worst shooting team in the league.

How ironic.

D-rock and jim1961 like this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Look up odds you nit wit.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Harden isn't gonna win us any ring with this team, he wanted it out. Best we could do was maximize the trade haul (personally i think we failed at that). Once u trade the best player on your team -> u tank and rebuild. It is what it is, harden left we gotta move on and rebuild.

We have delusional posters on here, thinking a team built around harden can somehow replicate the same success, if we just believe in the power of friendship, teamwork and beautiful ball movement. Just delayin the inevitable.

Just tank, get the best player/franchise player to rebuild around, cause no one is coming from free agency and we lack the assets for a superstar acquisition

YOLO likes this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If the Rockets could be guaranteed a top 4 I’d advocate tanking. They need to trade Oladipo, Tucker and every pick not from Houston or Brooklyn, see what that gets them. I’d imagine they could get atleast one young cornerstone with those 3 picks and two players, they’d probably get worse too.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He plays next to Wood Well?

Rocket River
    I seriously don't know his game

16. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

This is a game where we needed cousins. I honestly think he is not the problem, rockets are just using him as a excuse for their loses.

17. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

http://www.tankathon.com/

The only nit wit here is you my friend. Odds currently show we are already tied for the 4th worse record in the league.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The trick is not to explain, and not to care if anyone gets them. The few jokes I tell are to amuse myself, and considering how bad mine usually are, my laugh is the only laugh I’m going to get anyway. I learned this philosophy from my late father, who managed a steady stream of bad to worse jokes when he was in the mood.

D-rock, Roc Paint and payaso like this.
  19. payaso

payaso Member

You sound more like Mom with every post. Comedy gold.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

with your logic, might as well win some game, appease fans like u and only be the 14th shttiest team in the league.

Odds for Top 4
    1: 0.5 %
    2: 0.6 %
    3 0.6%
    4: 0.7%

Doing the bare minimum to tank and we still have a chance for a top 4 pick, since it's not guarantee, we might get it with sht odds like that regardless.