1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicken Sandwich Battle] Chick-fil-A versus Popeye's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Who has the better Chicken Sandwich?

1. Popeye's

2. Chick-fil-A

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Buck Turgidson

Here's a question: how is Nashville chicken left over? Does it get too soggy? Leftover "sauceless" fried chicken is proper good. I've never had any leftover Nashville chicken, 'cause it was all gnawed to the bone, but if I make it at home...

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

In my experience it's usually a soggy mess. But my experience with it is fairly limited.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I tried it yesterday and OMG it was horrible, it looked funky and tasted worse........when I venture of path I am always disappointed

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Never really ordered more than I could eat fresh for Nashville chicken. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too bad to reheat. It's mostly chili oil and spices on top. Not as saucy as some things like Korean fried chicken, which isn't as good after reheating in the oven.

Toreore is still the best for fried chicken.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Disagree on the Korean fried chicken...at least from Bonchon. That place is amazeballs.

likestohypeguy and mikol13 like this.
  6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I love Korean fried chicken, don't get me wrong. But it is saucier than Western fried chickens and sauces don't reheat in the oven as well as dry chicken, so Korean fried chicken take a bigger drop off as leftovers.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Try Bonchon if you haven't already. Theirs holds up well.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I thought Wendy's just ended the "Chicken Wars". At least that's what their annoying commercial is always claiming. /thread

jiggyfly and STR8Thugg like this.
  10. Junebball

Junebball Member

Harden was right ...

11. dmoneybangbang

[​IMG]

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Taco Bell is like a meme of the fast food wars. They know how to take a concept and completely screw it up and then and only then surround it with a tortilla/bread product. I mean wth is that? Fried chicken in a pancake with dressing and a couple a jalapenos? lol. Next week they're going to put the chicken on the outside, the bread on the inside and call it something else. The Taco Bell permutations are endless!

Nook, J.R. and Kim like this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Just saw this. lol. It depends on how the chicken is made. Most of the time, the heat comes from chili-based oil. Other times it comes from a "dusting" of chili powder/spices. In either case, it probably wouldn't be very different than regular fried chicken unless whatever heat source they used was really runny. I've never had any leftovers with Nashville hot chicken because I usually just get what I need, and I've never actually made any at home.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Pro-tip - air frying left over fried chicken is awesome.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Popeyes owns Burger King...and BK is launching the Ch'King

Burger King to enter chicken sandwich wars with the Ch’King

[​IMG]

The Restaurant Brands International chain is following in the footsteps of sister chain Popeyes, which launched its own blockbuster sandwich in August 2019. For 1½ years, the fried chicken chain has reported double-digit sales growth, propelled by the popularity of the sandwich. Since then, rival fast-food chains, including McDonald’s and Yum Brands’ KFC, have launched their own versions.

Burger King is trying to set itself apart from the pack by breading its chicken by hand, a step that takes time, training and new equipment. Ellie Doty, chief marketing officer of Burger King North America, said the chain took two years perfecting the recipe and figuring out to make the process work for its restaurants.

“We really took our time to get it right, to get the reps in at the restaurant and make sure that every restaurant had their hand-breading station set up properly,” Doty told CNBC.

The Ch’King launch also comes as the country faces a chicken shortage, fueled in part by the chicken sandwich wars and a lack of poultry processing workers. Prices for chicken breast, which is often used in chicken sandwiches, are soaring. The Wall Street Journal reported that KFC restaurants are limiting sales of its chicken sandwich in response. Doty said Burger King isn’t immune to macroeconomic factors but it took steps to make sure that its supply chain could handle pressure.

“In taking the time to get this right, we also took the time to make sure that we have a very robust supply chain that is set up for the main scenario that we’re predicting as well as others that could happen,” she said.

Doty said the Ch’King’s name was inspired by a customer who tried the menu item during the testing phase and said the chain should change its name to Chicken King.

To celebrate the nationwide launch on June 3, customers who order the Ch’King on the Burger King app or online will also receive a free Whopper. The deal lasts through June 20. It’s the first major promotion for Burger King since it launched its loyalty program nationwide.

Shares of Restaurant Brands International have risen 10% this year, giving it a market value of $31.3 billion. While Burger King and Popeyes’ U.S. locations have bounced back from the pandemic quickly, Tim Hortons is taking longer to see customers return to its cafes.

jiggyfly and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If it's like everything else BK copies, they'll make a disgusting version of it. I think half their menu is a McDonald's knock-off. I do have fond memories of scarfing down one too many Whoppers as a kid, though. :D

Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.
  18. Xerobull

It's the same company, so BK might just straight copy it. If they were smart they would have just sold it as the Popeye's Chicken Sandwich.

Loved me some Whoppers as a kid, too. Smelled like armpits and was a good nickname for a car full of fat chicks.

Bono and Invisible Fan like this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, there goes my childhood memory. Appreciate it.

Xerobull likes this.
  20. Xerobull

Here to help!