1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[SHAM BOMB] Rockets and Cousins Parting Ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Feb 20, 2021.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Yes, then call up Kenyon Martin JR. to take his place. Maybe they want KMJ to play 1 or 2 more games down in the Valley before coming up? Who knows but it sounds like Rockets are just doing Boogie a solid which will hopefully resonate with some agents, etc.

ElPigto likes this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i would think that what boogie wants more than anything right now, is simply playing time. in order to keep chipping away the rust and get his game back. and there's few other teams besides HOU he'll get real minutes. this is why i'm inclined to think we have some trade lined up that needs a roster spot opened up. i guess we'll know in a few days time

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I don't think anyone is being called up until bubble is over. Unless... major roster hole due to injury.

groovemachine, True Rocket and D-rock like this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

At the very least there is a FA they want to sign.

you don’t just release an asset a month early to be nice.

tc0330, hakeem94, chadyang and 2 others like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

You would hope.

tc0330 and chadyang like this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think this is entirely truthful.

For one, values change. See MPH and Tyler Herro.

For two, we prioritized all picks from Brooklyn over anything else and were handicapped into only dealing with their outgoing assets.

Also, we now have multiple picks to spend outside of the Brooklyn ones. Washington, Detroit, and Portland are all interesting future currency, combined with serviceable Veteran expirings in Tucker and Oladipo. If we start inching close to .500 before the trade deadline, I like our position when it comes to trades for soon-to-be RFAs.

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

On the surface, the timing is odd. I mean, we only have two bigs, and we are going to release one while the other is still hurt leaving us currently with no bigs?

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This front office does a bit more projecting than in the past. If Cousins is released and his replacement isn’t nearly immediate I’d be shocked.

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

unless the asset is actually seen as a liability

jiggyfly, TWS1986 and D-rock like this.
  10. riko

riko Member

I think it’s pretty obvious he will go to the lakers. As bad as Deandre Jordan can be he still a very good shot blocker and an adequate rebounding big when he wants to be.Much better then a slow footed boogie. Nets literally have no use for him.

I think he ends up with the lakers

chadyang and Rocket River like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

At the very least he could be waived after the deadline. Patience is your name and you’re not exhibiting it.

D-rock, hakeem94 and jim1961 like this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. Did he ask for this or did the Rockets just kicking him out?

Rocket River

TWS1986, chadyang and RudyTBag like this.
  13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I too was wondering who instigated this separation.

TWS1986 and D-rock like this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The analytics paint a very grim picture of Boogie lineups. I'm guessing the Rockets decided to thank him, and pay him, so as to not insult him. Same reason we couldn't have Melo backing up Gary Clark.

jordnnnn, DaDakota, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

:D Keep in mind I took the name "Patience" for Steve Francis and co. back in the day. I've been patient for a long time!

Not really able to bring myself to care whether washed up Boogie plays a couple more games in a Rockets jersey or not.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I like Boogie a lot and hope he finds success. Sadly it won’t be here. I don’t think he’s an issue in the locker room, I think the team needs a roster spot.

Edit: I think Patton outshined him immediately and the Rockets pulled a Gary Clark over Melo.

#516 treyk3, Feb 22, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    DaDakota likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

The sooner the better.

Shame Stone cant even parlay this has-been into a low SRP.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He should go to the Kings, just for the sentimental value of it and I'm sure the fans there will be more forgiving.

I think if he's really trying to rehab his career he needs to go to a team that can promise him consistent PT and a role where he can feel useful. I root for the guy and it's possible he can rehab his career, he's only 30. Not that he'll ever be what he was but he could turn into a value rotational big.

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Well with John Wall on his me-me-me comeback tour, I don't think we have to worry about that whatsoever.

Nook and D-rock like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Amen!

Nook and jcmoon like this.