1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. RLP55

RLP55 Member

Unfortunately, Williams had a beast game yesterday against the Pels. On top of that a nationally televised game. He has only been getting minutes the past 5 games. If Tucker is not enough to get him, then call Morey and see if Tucker will get us Tony Bradley. Like Williams this guy needs a chance to showcase his skill set. Would prefer Williams, but his past 5 games has put the league on notice.

No, Bradly or Williams dont take us to the WCFs, but either add a solid roster piece.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yep, you're a Boston fan, all right.

Stone: "I'll send you Oladipo into your trade exception for a 2nd rounder."
    Ainge: "WHAT? HA! A 2nd rounder? I can draft better with that 2nd than you could with a lottery pick!"
    Stone: "Uh, it seemed like a good deal for y---"
    (CLICK)

BamBam and Grizzlyshark like this.
  3. Boston84

Boston84 Member

so my bill Simmons takes includes something that you agree with and say I’m correct on? Weird flex. Whose hyping nesmith? Bill Simmons? Certainly not me, he’s underperformed and just played his way into any minutes at all and actually been disappointing thus far minus the last like 3 games.

get your facts straight when you quote me, I’m pretty fair, not hyperbolic and typically agree with many knowledge posters here. I also hate bill Simmons.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Boston84

Boston84 Member

no, but I’m old enough to remember 6 weeks when Gordon’s contract was an albatross and u all hoped he could be dumped in a harden deal. Miss me with that. I’m good.

joke fell flat. Sorry

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I like Bill Simmons.

That's the second time you've been very reactive when I'm just being endearing.

Are you from Brookline?

Boston84 likes this.
  6. Boston84

Boston84 Member

he played really good in the raptors series and the last year also he’s shown flashes. This isn’t new to Celtics fans it’s new to people nationally. His setbacks have been due to injury and immaturity and that’s why he hasn’t gotten more minutes. Losing a young player on a rookie deal with real upside for the right to pay a 36 tucker only for the Celtics to still have flaws ain’t it imo

D-rock likes this.
  7. Boston84

Boston84 Member

im just busting your chops my man. Haha not from Brookline but that fits the stereotype. Lol apologize. Simmons is alright haha he’s just so hyperbolic with the celts so sometimes he’s hard to take serious.

don’t mind us massholes you’re alright with me

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I had a few friends from there in college. They were very intelligent and thoughtful but could flip a switch immediately and be all GET OUTTA HERE in the drop of a pin.

Boston84 and D-rock like this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He hasn't been an albatross now. He's moved out from Harden's shadow, maybe. Oladipo has had the tough part fitting in.

I like your takes, but they do remind me, trading with Boston is nigh on impossible. And we have players that'd help your team (although, "How much?" is a good question).

But you should hold onto Smart. One thing we lack is that second real distributor; when Wall sits we look like (are you old enough to remember "Bull Durham"?) "a monkey f***ing a football."

Kemba Walker is a millstone around the Celtics' necks and that's the tough part for your team.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

There are different ways to win. Key word being WIN.

The shet we are playing now is not winning ball.

This is why Rockets FO are doubling down on what they know will create structure to win:

5 Out offense + switch everything defense

Size of players are secondary to skillset.

11. Boston84

Boston84 Member

haha yup! You nailed us....I mean them. I’m guilty at that at times too but I do always enjoy our back and forth and talking with you all here

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Timelord doesn't fit our team anymore anyway.

If I'm Stone, I stay away from trading with guys like Danny Ainge and Pat Riley.

They'll steal his lunch money AND kick his ass, and Stone will smile and actually thank them for it.

Boston84 likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then you and me are on opposite sides.

14. Boston84

Boston84 Member

yea good comparison... much like capela who can catch lobs, switch out on the perimeter if needed and run the floor.

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets have enough FRP.

The point of FRP is to acquire players like Wood.

Giving up young players is going arse backwards.

treyk3 and Boston84 like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Adding Timelord to team with Wood is a luxury.

Both are modern day 5's and Wood is MUCH better offensively while Timelord is better defensively.

Rockets have bigger needs, greater priorities at other positions.

And trading with Boston is always a losing proposition, if Rockets want to double down at the 5 spot by adding another young pivot, Mo Bamba is my target.

And unlike Robert Williams, Bamba is a threat from 3.

Bamba is also much taller, longer and younger.

Boston84 likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

Yep, I think Aaron Gordon is a mediocre basketball player, and I'm pro trading everybody for picks. Forever enemies.

18. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

Jarret Culver might be worth a look. If he could get minutes to work on his shot he might be a real player. I think he could have a tall ceiling. Something like a better Caldwell-Pope or an Andre Igoudala kind of guy. I'd rather watch him than PJ Tucker that's for sure.

Did we ever have rights to Josh Jackson?

19. RLP55

RLP55 Member

D-Rock & Boston84 what's your opinion on Bradley (76ers). Could Tucker get him? With Cousins leaving we need front court help asap. Thinking Williams or Bradley are a huge upgrade to Patton. I'd even overpay, within reason.

Boston84 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bradley has upside but right now he is Justin Patton type player, backup at best.

I'd rather go big game hunting.

Mo Bamba has potential to be a star, and he is there for the taking.