1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No.

Loneyroy7 likes this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

but that's not playmaking

3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Make me STFU

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yes......were you not aware of this?

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And there goes anybody actually taking you seriously again.

Air Canada likes this.
  6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Slightly, because it's only half true and totally situational. Way less effective than you are trying to make it seem.

7. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

I'm just mindboggled as to why a rabid Curry stan has been on CF for over a decade lmao.

Air Canada, jiggyfly and vlaurelio like this.
  8. vlaurelio

so according to @wekko368 , Joe Harris is an elite playmaker LOL

Mr. Space City, jiggyfly and YOLO like this.
  9. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Guys did you know Klay Thompson is also one of the greatest playmakers in the game?

10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

make you? lmao.... we still in middle school?

Icehouse and jiggyfly like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Curry has never been doubled teamed off the ball nobody has.

You are just flat out making **** up now.

12. mightybosstone

So we're not allowed to discuss how he and the Nets are playing until they prove it in the playoffs? That seems unfair. Because if he was playing terribly and the Nets were losing games, I guarantee the Harden haters would be out in full force right now ripping on him every chance they got. The guy is playing well, and they're winning games. Let's give credit where it's due. If he and the Nets choke in the playoffs, we can cross that bridge when we get there. But I genuinely hope that's not the case. Dude is an all-time great, and I'd love to see him get that recognition, whether it's as a Rocket or not.

13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I don't know, you one giggling like a school girl. You tell me? I'm not the one who tried to tell another grown man to STFU like he was really going to do it. He wants me to STFU so bad he had to reply to something that wasn't for him. I would love to see it. Real talk.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Given the number of Nets who are shooting incredibly this season, is Joe Harris drawing many double-teams off ball? If so, I haven't noticed it.

15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I didn't even read all that ****. I'm not obligated to be a stan to appreciate his game. I was here defending him. You can discuss and enjoy what you want my guy you grown. The problem come when you try to make me.

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He does get double teamed off-ball....just not in the way you're thinking. Imagine this. Draymond Green stands at the top of the key with the ball. Wiggins sets a screen for Curry near the 3pt line. Curry runs by Wiggins, and both Wiggins' and Curry's defenders converge onto Curry at the 3pt line. Wiggins runs to the rim, and Green passes him the ball for an uncontested dunk.

That's a fairly common situation, and Curry is the one who caused the defensive breakdown. You don't think he should be credited as a "playmaker" there?

17. mightybosstone

What? I have no clue what you're talking about. I wasn't trying to "make you" do anything, chief. I just came in to give the guy some recognition for playing well and for the Nets' success. You're the one who replied to it by essentially saying the man didn't deserve any credit for playing well because it's not the playoffs.

Also, we're all Rockets fans here. We're on the same side. If you're not going to show me respect by reading my replies to your posts, then do me a solid and just don't respond to the things I say at all. I'm all about having some civil debate, but I have no desire to debate sports with someone who openly admits he's not going to read my replies. If "you grown," then act like a grown man and let's treat each with with respect.

vlaurelio likes this.
  18. BigTex

BigTex Member

Small sample size, but as a Net he has career highs in

Assists
    Rebounds
    FG%
    3P%
    2P%
    TS%

Usage % is much lower than any of his Houston years

Reeko, HP3, HardenVolumeOne and 2 others like this.
  19. vlaurelio

warning: he/she is a bitter ex

YOLO likes this.
  20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's something, and he should be credited for that effect he has on the offense. But the word "playmaker" refers to a player who creates a play, via a shot or pass, with the ball in his hands, doesn't it?

Would you call Rodman a playmaker for forcing defenses to double team box him out, leaving open a teammate to get the board and put back? Surely he deserves some sort of credit for that play, but no one thinks of that as "playmaking".

Icehouse and riko like this.