1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justin Patton

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Feb 18, 2021.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Majority of the people who say we should tank dont even know OKC owns our pick lmao.

raining threes likes this.
  2. raining threes

Higher the pick the better chance to hit on a difference maker.

3. raining threes

OKC sucks too.

So you either end up with your top 4 pick or a pick in the 5-7 range either with your pick or OKC's pick.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  4. raining threes

A swap and both teams suck.

5. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

as long as we are in the top 4 we can keep it .. so yes at this point keep tanking

HP3 likes this.
  6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

That's the whole point. Would you rather get a top 4 pick and keep it or would you rather get the 10th pick (going .500 from here) and give that to OKC?

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

But thats the point you dont get to pick its a 50-50.

Asking me if I'd rather have the 4rth pick is pointless why not ask me if I'd rather have 2B dollars? You dont get to pick so why intentionally tank just to make OKC's pick better?

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Theres only 50-50 to get top 4 even if you are the worst team in the league it isnt guaranteed.

When the Rox suck like they do now its fine but when Wood comes back and KPJ gets called uo you know Rox are gonna start winning games again.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

OKC can swap it with Miami pick as well thats why its almost impossible to get a good pick.

Heat are already in the play in and you know they gonna make moves at the deadline.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

1 ok by that logic, how many years we should tank? 1, 2,3? 10?

because at no point you are guaranteed nothing.... so why not just tank for the next 20 years just to make it sure you get the best picks...
    its anti basketball... to lose on purpose its not basketball.. perhaps it can be a good business but its not basketball

2 let me get you another example, would you like for rockets to win to bribe the refs and win it all?

I wouldnt... because i dont want to win at every cost.. i am not so desperate... if they can win it all fine if not then its fine again... if they win it all by tanking 5 years... well then i wouldnt even call it winning...its kinda like durant winning the title...its kinda meh not a big deal..5 superstars going against the weak teams...i am turning my tv off ill rather wacth a team of scrubs with chips on the shoulder fighting for the playin spot

3 for all we know you are left with perhaps year of your life, you may think you will live for the next 50 years but it isnt 100%

you may die tommorow for all we know.. suppose you will die 3 years from now wouldnt it be great to watch rockets going all in, fighting every night and paying luxury tax , trading for wood complementary pieces and whatever...IT WOULD BE FANTASTIC AND THATS WHAT I WANT TO WATCH...
    If they gonna lose games on purpose in the next 5 years just to get an imaginary chance at the title .. well thats not interesting and exciting to me to waste years of my life watching,

and for all we know, and look at the pelicans, minny cetlics etc... they have all the picks in the world and they aint winning nothing anytime soon

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  11. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

We get the worst of HOU, OKC, and Miami’s pick though

D-rock likes this.
  12. raining threes

All of those teams suck.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Plus the Rockets are half a game out of the 4th worst record in the league. Blow things up and get whatever picks you can for the vets who are tradeable and there's a VERY good chance the Rockets keep their own top 4 pick....could even be THE top pick.

That has to be the goal right now.

14. raining threes

Hopefully one of those moves is for Olidipo and part of that deal will be to rectify this situation. Give me Precious and the ability to get a top 5-7 pick and I'm happy. The Rockets get the better pick that OKC doesn't want in any deal for Olidipo.

D-rock likes this.
  15. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I feel like this thread is bipolar...came in to see hot takes about this difference maker in Justin Patton

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep, it all comes down to Wall because Silas and Rockets FO are supporting his delusion of being the Rockets franchise player.

He loves that he is allowed to iso at will with Houston, he has repeatedly said this on multiple occasions.

There is no urgency to play Patton with Rockets IMO because there is nothing to play for.

And Rockets don't play the right way anymore.

Rather have Patton gain chemistry with Porter and KJ - learn system, max his reps, gain confidence THEN have them all come up together after AS.

#116 D-rock, Feb 22, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    Verbal Christ and varughese.arun like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Clutchfans is always bipolar. :D

What's the fun if everybody is rational?
    [​IMG]

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

This kid is dialed in, I hope he breaks out with us.

Shark44 and Verbal Christ like this.