1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justin Patton

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Feb 18, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Patton knows that this could be his last chance in NBA.

Laser focused.

Hope it translates to games.

2. OpportunityCost

Patton is an EXCELLENT passer all-around AND at the top of the key. I hope Silas utilizes this strength of his with cutting actions to the basket by other players to get easy buckets.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

For what its worth Lakers fan channels were all over this kid a month ago and hoping they pick him up for their final roster spot.

bpbkforlife, Shark44 and saleem like this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's a good pickup. He can block shots, rebound and pass from top of the key. I like his strength and length. His speed is okay. Anything extra will be gravy. If he can give 12 good minutes per game, it will be enough.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

absolutely loved the passing from that clip i just wonder how many turnovers he had that game

7. saleem

I don't know. Turnovers usually come down with more playing time.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol we got a first round pick for nothing...how is that even possible? you dont have to forfeit a lot of games to get the picks? lololol

Losers or tankers are really cheap... they're like that kid on the playground not giving any effort and falsely realizing he cant win the game, so he cries 'this isnt fair!' and asks the teams to be rearranged or changed lolololol

or starts making bad plays on purpose to spoil the fun for the winning team...lololol

cmlmel77 and roslolian like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

boogie was also a nice passer but too much threading the needle for my taste ... a lot of those passes by patton were great but i wonder what kind of accuracy he is making them with

D-rock and saleem like this.
  10. saleem

A good point. We have to see if he can adapt to the NBA. It's certainly a big jump from the G- League. Courage, hard work and good health can go a long way towards success. I wish Justin the best.

D-rock and raining threes like this.
  11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

A lot of big men take additional time to develop (C Wood is a good example). Add to that injuries and Patton may blossom if we give him PT and he can stay healthy. I like what I'm seeing and we certainly need the size on this roster. Here's hoping we can develop him while we watch the tankathon.

saleem and raining threes like this.
  12. raining threes

You do realize that Hakeem and Sampson were acquired through tanking?

I'm not a fan of tanking but if you were going to tank from what I've read this would be a good yr to do it. Unless you think this team is close to a championship level team. LMAO

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Doesn’t work anymore, not guaranteed top pick, and players coming into draft more likely to bust.

DD

cmlmel77 likes this.
  14. raining threes

In a draft as deep as this one is supposed to be it's worth the risk. IMHO

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmon gimme a break.... every year or so we have a hype of this years stacked draft!
    protank crowd is as naive as hungarian housemaids

p***y mentality!

raining threes likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol if the draft is deep then you can still get a great player with a higher pick ...one more reason not to tank...
    [​IMG]

roslolian and D-rock like this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

OKC has our pick, building through the draft doesn't work anymore.

DD

roslolian likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather Patton play with Porter with Vipers then come up with him after AS break.

Patton isn't going to be developed with Rockets, he will be fighting for minutes, chemistry and consistency.

If Wall ignored Wood, imagine what he will do to Patton.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets will get the worst of the 3 FRP between OKC, MIA and theirs.

It is very unlikely that Rockets bypass the protections and land a top 4 pick.

roslolian likes this.
  20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

With Cousins leaving and Wall out we have no size. Hell if Patton just provides some DREBs and rim protection for the big squad I'd be happy.

With that said, RGV doesn't have any size either--OKC abused us today.

However, let's get to the real issue you bring up--Wall. So if Wall is the leader of the team, why is he not getting everyone involved as the PG? Do you think he's got an issue with Wood or is he just trying to be the franchise guy? How do you think Cousins' situation will impact him going forward?

The team dynamics seem to be in constant flux and likely will be until after the trade deadline.