1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAM BOMB] Rockets and Cousins Parting Ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Feb 20, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh stop it. Pure delusional

jiggyfly, vlaurelio and D-rock like this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i think we should be able to get a late 1st for Boogie and a late 2nd.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No way we get a 1st for Cousins. The Rockets already have a mutual agreement with him. Teams know the Rockets trade him for whatever "rights to a player" or they wait for him to hit the open market.

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

Ok let’s give the man the benefit of the doubt. Who is this starting wing we could’ve traded for? Keep in mind you need the assets and contracts to get this player and also just as important, Tilman would need to sign off on paying said starting wing player. Let’s go with Oladipo since he’s the only such player other than Levert that has moved teams so far and Silas or whomever preferred Dipo. Oh only one problem, we don’t have contracts to match Dipo’s 21 million without trading Eric Gordon and then what’s even the point? Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

So again, who is the starting wing and how do we get him?

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

nobody is giving up a 1st for Boogie

he is worth a weak 2nd round pick at best if a team actually wanted to give up an asset for him

D-rock likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Do we know who initiated this? I know it's 'mutual' but someone had to pick up the phone and make the call first.

D-rock and vator like this.
  7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Exactly what I’d like to know. Hypocrisy if it was Boogie, and if it’s the Rockets org., just another business move. Just guys doing what they think is best for the team and their own interests.

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pick likely to never be conveyed is the most Boogie will get.

He will be released for jack IMO.

Because he is a scrub now.

Reeko likes this.
  9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Scratch that I see it now lol

#329 ksny15, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I bet it was the Rockets. I would hope Stone trades away all the players that Silas insists on playing. Let's start prepping for the future and wasting our time with these veterans.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i guess i've wildly overestimated the market ;)

Maybe i'm crazy; i think he's still a very effective player and should have value. He has some very rare skill sets that should be valued by teams in the playoffs. He still has the softest mitts of any big man i see playing. But i take the point that teams won't give up a first and that they know we are moving him, so our leverage is poor.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets got Bucks FRP for JA.

And they sold him on the cheap.

13. hakeemthagreat

We know you don't like Melo personally (stan??). But everything you said ended up being wrong. You said he wasn't good enough to play in the nba, incorrect. You posted he'd never play in the nba again, incorrect. You implied he was a locker room cancer, incorrect. You also said he has absolutely no skill whatsoever. This was BEFORE he signed with the Blazers.

Now that he's been with Portland for 2 years, and had strong endorsements from Dame & CJ to be brought back, youre still spewing the same nonsense. Players that suck aren't brought back to teams lol

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Jordan played against much weaker completion and no one shot threes. So yes I believe our Rockets team woulda won the championship in his ERA. The sheer volume of threes we took woulda made us unbeatable.

Go back and watch some of those old Jordan games and clips. He's being guarded by scrubs half his size. While their were some physical teams like Pistons the rest of league was made up of a bunch of stiffs. People remember the Karl Malone elbows and immediately think game was more physical when in actuality nothing has really changed other than what the refs deen a flagrant foul. People use to hand check Jordan but he was always able to swipe their hands away. He's also soo much bigger than anyone guarding him it made no difference who got to hand check.

I am specifically talking about when he started winning rings. Don't bring up Magic Lakers and Birds Celtics Isiahs Pistons cuz he never beat this teams at their peaks when he won.

15. caneks

caneks Rookie

again and again, the front office proved how low it can go. they should never bring him in.
    purely stupid, the whole thing.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This is just silly. Jordan couldn’t take this team to title by himself.

17. JW86

JW86 Member

If we cut him after guaranteeing his contract, do you think this was a smart move and honourable towards Cousins or not?

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

At the time, we were in a "beggars can't be choosers" mode.

At least it wasn't a "beggars can't be choosers" situation where we gave tons of money to Ryan Anderson. That was a debacle.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah...I'm not convinced Tilman is one of the worst owners in the NBA. People are a bit dramatic about the breakup of that 'Championship' team.

xtruroyaltyx and deshen like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not dramatic at all. The evidence is clearly all there since the 17-18 season ended. But if you’re not convinced, it’s going to be more terrible years anyway down the road. So you can take it how you want it

D-rock and Nook like this.