1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAM BOMB] Rockets and Cousins Parting Ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Feb 20, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Melo and Boogie have many things in common.

Old
    Poor defenders
    Inefficient scorers
    Their teams lose the minutes that they are on the court
    Are clinging to jobs based on their names
    Have fans who like to cherry pick games rather than look at season long numbers to try to prop them up as quality players

4. hakeemthagreat

This guy?

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You are reinforcing my last point.

Moments or games aside. On the season, Melo is 1 of 3 regular rotation players on the Blazers who when they are on the court the team is losing.

Westbrook has monster efficient scoring games from time to time. That does not mean he is an efficient scorer.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So you're saying that we'll never win a ring post-Harden EVER?

That's a little dramatic for me. And Harden drew plenty of superstars, just had bad luck getting Dwight who we had no idea was past his prime, an old CP3, and another past his prime Westbrook.

All of those guys were superstars.

#226 JayGoogle, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    ramotadab likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol

and folks here had high hopes for this chump.

8. hakeemthagreat

Then why is he still in the starting lineup? The Blazers seem to think otherwise because he's stayed there since last year lol. The narrative here was he'd never play again. 65% of this board looks stupid

9. SORF

SORF Member

Geez, I don't know what to think anymore. It is like Houston Rockets has hit an iceberg, and now everyone is jumping ship. :(

ramotadab likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

He was the only reason I was still watching this season. After Harden left I was a BOF, now I can give the knicks my full attention

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The Blazers think that they are winning the minutes he is on the floor?

It’s not something that’s up for debate. It’s a fact based on result.

Why they continue to employ him and start him is a question every Blazer fan should be demanding an answer to.

HP3 likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Since when did the Blazers become an example of great roster management and achievement

13. hakeemthagreat

Not only did the Blazers resign Melo, they put him BACK in the starting lineup you claim he's not good enough to be in. So again, why would they do that if you he's making them lose?

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You are working under the assumption that every single franchise in the NBA makes 100% correct decisions at every step.

I have no idea why they would do that. Blazers fans who want to have a better chance at winning games should be pissed.

There is no “think” about it. The games are played. The numbers are tracked. The results are the results. On the season the Blazers have lost the minutes that Melo has been on the floor.

Fan interest, name recognition(past performance), franchise player input, stupidity and many more all could play roles into the why, but they are irrelevant to the actual results.

We can play the same faulty logic game with Westbrook like I said before.

You could claim Westbrook is a great, efficient scorer.
    Anyone with a brain would say no he isn’t and would have the facts to back it up.
    By your logic you could say if he isn’t a great efficient scorer why do teams continue to let him shoot so much?!? He has to be a great efficient scorer if they let him shoot so much.

15. MadRox

MadRox Member

Does Wizards want Cousins? I like their pick this year, Danny Avdija. Trade him to us since Wizards not even playing him much.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Can we sign Mayor Green now?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Huh. This is old news but melo isn’t in the starting lineup. He comes off the bench

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

He comes off the bench. Back in the starting lineup is fake news

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

They don’t start him. No idea where this idea of melo starts for the blazers came from. obviously these meloofs are still delusional

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I think that’s a bit of rewritten history. The Rockets have literally sough to “get small” last season, and apparently are still. And using PJ’s Tucker’s tenure as center as some prime example of how it works? Not sure about that one.