1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAM BOMB] Rockets and Cousins Parting Ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Feb 20, 2021.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Nah, I was just giving examples of possible reasons to get rid of the guy that would make sense. Believe me, nobody is spending the effort crafting a "narrative" on a has-been who looks like a geriatric every time he tries to move. I couldn't care less if it was any of those reasons I listed.

Yet the reason given is "we want to go smaller." I mainly just thought it was funny, since that should really should be the only reason to keep him. How this organization still thinks small ball is a valid way forward is more terrifying that just about anything I've heard so far concerning the rebuild.

#201 DCkid, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    ramotadab likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

True.

I think the whole "Players will avoid this organization now!" thing is mostly a myth and vice versa.

ramotadab likes this.
  3. csc177

csc177 Member

Smaller and younger? But they’ve been monitoring Dedmon or Iilyasova for weeks now...they’re cutting ties because Bougie has been terrible and an absolute liability on defense.

glad they did the right thing and guaranteed his contract though

4. csc177

csc177 Member

I hear you but Silas is playing with the cards he was dealt. This isn’t really a good team. Boogie and Wood looked good on paper pre season (and it made sense that MaYBE you can play big and small lineups) but we found out Bougie will never be old boogie again.

This team is still undersized for the most part, can’t remember when the rockets were ever equipped with length. Small ball (with a stretch 5) is their only option. The rest of the team is 6’6 or shorter.

Nook and ramotadab like this.
  5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Lol

Expecting PJ or Gordon to be traded and then Cousins pops up. Totally unexpected

raining threes, Rudyc281 and DCHAMP like this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Watching Boggy Cousins play basketball made me boggy eyed

#206 napalm06, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  7. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

So. ****ing. Sick. Of. Small ball!

8. hakeemthagreat

That has been just had 19pts (6-12) against the best center and leading MVP candidate in the nba. Still making up narratives i see

ramotadab and groovemachine like this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Time to ring chase big fella

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Players will still come here for the money. Just No superstar is coming here to compete for the ring. U can say whatever u want, if 8 years of harden couldn't draw a superstar here, most likely post harden will b the same sht.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’ll give him appreciation now

raining threes likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

People who don't like this post are terrorists.

13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Come on. Do you have eyes? He can barely move. Any time he does anything other than shoot an uncontested three it is cringe-inducing cause you know he’s getting ready to stumble, turn it over, or miss a layup. The only thing to hope for is a whistle to bail him out. Yes he’s been launching threes constantly this season and every fifth game he hits a couple in a row like he did against the Sixers. If you’re going to let that fool you, then so be it. Let’s be real. He is given open 3s for a reason. He is shooting 33% from three...37% overall.

On defense he can barely get off the ground, but at least he’s a big, tall body in the paint that can get some rebounds. That’s his only value, and yet that’s a reason the Rockets give for getting rid of him. Small ball SMH

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

MeanWhile - Cavs and Detroit protecting their trade assets by sitting them

Rocket River

BHannes2BHonest, Nook and D-rock like this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How someone that presumably watched Chuck Hayes and PJ Tucker in their primes can think that playing poor bigs is better than good smalls is even more terrifying.

It has never been about “small ball”. It’s “good ball”. It’s mind-blowing that Houston fans can’t get this through their heads.

HP3, MettaWorldPete, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wait until you have to watch DeWayne Dedmon.

You will be begging for Chuck Hayes and PJ Tucker.

Amel and HP3 like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Look don't blame Cousins

It's been AGGRAVATED HARDEN ALL ALONG . . . .

"And he traded Cousins too . . .. "
    Rocket River

Nook likes this.
  18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

No superstars want to play on a smallball team. They tend to like having players who can rebound and get them multiple opportunities. Gee I am going to beg my agent to be on the Rockets where PJ Tucker plays center is something that no superstars have said or will ever say.

19. HardenVolumeOne

lol

20. hakeemthagreat

That wasnt even his best game lol. You CLEARLY haven't watched many games this season. He's obviously not the Cousins he was pre injuries, but still good enough to produce in spurts as a role player. Maybe you don't know fully comprehend what a has been is

You guys said the EXACT same thing about Melo and now he's a starter on a winning basketball team. History isn't on your side

ramotadab likes this.