1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can understand that and he deserves some of that the way he carried himself before camp and during the last days in Houston.

I don't really blame him but he did show his ass.

#2701 jiggyfly, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Again, you're ignorant. Literally everything in your post is wrong.

I especially like how you keep changing -220 to -200. Maybe if you continue this long enough, you'll dwindle it down to -110. Then it'd REALLY be a "toss up", right?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lmao this how I know you have no clue what you’re talking about. You insist on talking out of your ass all time. Just another example.

What does this say for the Portland vs Houston 2014 matchup. -200 rockets. +170 for Portland.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/series.html

And you acting like -220 to -200 even though it clearly says -200 is this massive difference is even more telling you don’t know wtf you’re talki by about

#2703 YOLO, Feb 20, 2021
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I verson was chucker that entire season the biggest knock on Harden is his shooting percentages Iversons where worst.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2001-nba-finals-76ers-vs-lakers.html

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You're the one saying that -220 odds is "essentially a toss-up"...

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Mutombo was an all star all NBA and Defensive player of the year.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

That’s cause it is. To people that don’t understand gambling like you and have no damn clue what theyre talking about. You stay looking dumb around here

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/series.html

i didn’t call out your -220 bc as a gambler I know books can have different odds like that bc it’s insignificant. But you had to talk out of your ass as if it definitely wasn’t -200. Welp.

#2707 YOLO, Feb 20, 2021
  8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Are those initial odds? Because when we played the Lakers in last year's playoffs, the Lakers were ranging from -300 to -350 by the time the series started. Your link has -550.

In any case, -220 isn't a toss-up. By definition it's not so it's weird that you keep arguing.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

But but but it wasn’t -200. Foh

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

-200 isn't a toss up either. Not sure why you keep trying to defend such a stupid point.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

You have business talking about this. It’s embarrassing. From the start you were way over your head and the only thing I can say at this point you should learn to stay on your lane if you have no clue what you’re talking about. You just hate to see it. You’re the epitome of what we call easy money.

But but but it wasn’t -200

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

So to you, it's essentially a "toss-up", right?

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

First of all, usage rate has a lot to do with what defines a "playing style". We aren't simply talking about a change in minutes. His role on the team is literally different, which means how he plays will also be different.

Secondly, the first four of those is not simply a direct consequence of usage rate going down.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No they couldn't. You can't get roasted by Aldridge then say you can compete with Duncan. No one was beating SA that season. The Heatles barely got a game.

Wulaw Horn, Reeko and YOLO like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nope!

His role on the team has changed not his playing style.

HP3 likes this.
  16. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

A -200 betting odd means you have to bet $200 to win $100. An even odd means you bet $100 to win $100. Is any of that wrong?

If I bet $100 on a team knowing that I'd only win $50, I would have to really believe that that team would win. If I lost, I would be really upset that that team was upset.

17. durvasa

I don't know what you mean by playing style or playing exactly the same way, but per my vocabulary one's role on a team has a big impact on how a player plays the game. He is consciously embracing a PG role. In fact, he was doing this earlier in the season too.

Edit:

I guess what you're saying is that his programming as a player is the same, and all that has changed are the "inputs" to that programming (i.e. who he is playing with plus the defenses he is facing).

I don't know how to even determine if that's true or not, especially in a relatively small sample of games. All I can go off of is what he's doing on the basketball court. The "outputs", so to speak. And that's very different. And I think that's what we generally are referring to when we are talking about how a player plays the game. It's about the observable outputs.

#2717 durvasa, Feb 20, 2021
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Correct on the first part. And tbh if you’re really upset at losing $50/100 in the second part of your post, one should not be gambling to begin with

#2718 YOLO, Feb 20, 2021
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

this exactly what I am saying and you can determine it by watching and by the stats.

If you actually go by what he is doing on the basketball court it's what he has always done.

20. durvasa

What he's doing on the basketball court is he is passing way more and shooting way less, and when he shoots he is making the basket more frequently. He is scoring a smaller percentage of his points from the free throw line. These differences are observable by watching and by the stats, and they are enough to explain why general NBA fans are less hostile about his play. You insisting that he is playing exactly the same way, waving away those differences, and then questioning why those NBA fans have changed their opinion on him is just baffling to me.

In the end, people care about what he actually does on the court, not the inner programming. Can it simplistic or superficial, I guess, but that's what people go by -- the results.

JumpMan likes this.