1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin as a Santa Cruz Warrior on a Teacher Salary

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lnchan, Jan 19, 2021.

1. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Time to say that JLin won't be getting another chance to play in the NBA. Watching him in the G League, he just doesn't have the athleticism anymore to contribute meaningfully at the NBA level. Still hustles, effort level is high, can still make plays...but there are just too many younger, skilled and more athletic players out there that teams would take over what little Lin still has in the tank. Hope he enjoys this G League season, but I do suspect it will be his last as a pro basketball player.

s3ts likes this.
  2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Not his last as a pro. He still has name ID, and as you said something left in tank. Hard to see him ever getting g league time again let alone NBA, but could definitely get an offer in China again, or some other random league looking for names to fill up the stands, maybe israel or turkey.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  3. yoeddy

I doubt he has the desire to play pro ball beyond this year if it isn't in the NBA. He'll be 33 next year, so he'll have even less in the tank than he has now. He already complained about getting physically beat-up in the CBA, so can't see him wanting to go through that again a year older. G League isn't about winning and losing, so the motivation to be part of a team and build something isn't there. I'd imagine that he's got other things that he wants to do if he can't play ball at the NBA level...

4. SunsRocketsfan

No crap .Took you long enough that he's done and isn't that good.

5. yoeddy

I had to actually see him play in order to make that determination. He played well in the majority of his career all the way thru his time in Atlanta, so I gave him a pass for playing poorly in Toronto. And at least in Toronto, I thought he still had enough athleticism to play in the NBA. Couldn't really determine anything about him in the CBA given the low quality of the basketball overall there, so yeah, it did take me a year to see that he was done.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

usually if Jimmer Ferdette is significantly better than you in the Chinese league

then it's your come to Jesus moment when all your cult members praying non stop for you getting more millions of dollars for sub par basketball doesn't work
    Jesus got alarmed when suddenly his followers were crying cause a millionaire caused a bunch of people to pray to fix that dude's broken jumper
    instead of something worthwhile like humanity and the earth

Jesus didn't give David Koresh a jumper or allow him to play in the G League
    Jesus did enough for Lin, Lin needs to quit milking him

@Os Trigonum @Reeko

7. yoeddy

Did Jimmer even play in the CBA last season? Google says he played in Greece last year.

Are you religious? What's with all the Jesus stuff?

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Jesus, tinny, give it a rest"

:D:p:p

yoeddy likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

@Zboy rock bottom

10. tinman

Supporting Member

@Zboy

All Daryl Morey had to do is to watch this and realize the same thing

s3ts likes this.
  11. yoeddy

Glad McHale gave Lin the chance to walk off the court his last time as a Rocket in Game 6 of the playoffs with a lead and less than a second remaining. But I guess at that point, no one knew it would be over.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

the fact that no NBA team wanted him after TO...

13. yoeddy

I understood that his performance in Toronto put him in a difficult position. I also think he probably had too many demands in terms of what kind of role he was looking for, so NBA teams shied away from signing him. But at that point, I still at least felt like he had recovered from his injury and that he still had the skills and athleticism to be an NBA player and contribute to a team off the bench. But after a year of getting beat up in the CBA and seeing how much his athleticism has dropped watching him in the G-League, it's different now...he just doesn't have the physical skills to play in the NBA.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and what's to stop nba teams from giving him workout or taking closer look? are you saying all those pro scouting staff for 30 or so teams missed something you didn't? LOL

15. yoeddy

Did you read my whole post? I mentioned that he also probably had too many demands regarding his role on whatever team signed him, so I'm sure that was a factor. That and the simple question about his durability after his big injury in Brooklyn probably scared off teams from looking deeper into him. Lin was looking for a significant role and a multi-year contract, and his performance in Toronto and questions about his durability were enough for teams to say no.

In any case, Toronto saw enough in Atlanta for them to believe he still had the athleticism and skills to play in the NBA, enough get the buyout at Atlanta and give him a legit shot to make the playoff rotation in 2019. And yes...he played poorly in Toronto, I have already said that. But it wasn't his athleticism that was bad there...it was his shooting and his lack of chemistry with the team.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

what's stopping the WNBA teams from giving him a workout too?
    @Zboy @Os Trigonum

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Jordan Clarkson might need a backup
    @Zboy

18. riko

riko Member

horrific sequence of epic nightmarishly bad plays

tinman likes this.
  19. yoeddy

This one was even worse...ended the series and the season.

20. riko

riko Member

Chandler Parsons