1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Stephen Silas Sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 11, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas rotations has not been his only consistent issue.

Silas running offense thru Wall when Harden was on team was asinine but he was almost as obtuse running offense thru Wall and Dipo instead of Wood.

And Silas stubbornness to run hybrid defense instead of switch until he was absolutely forced to was also incompetent.

Silas SHOULD have run the exact same system that Rockets rode to 4th seed last season and SLOWLY incorporated his system adjustments on offense and defense as season progressed.

Without a proper preseason and training camp he was being foolish to attempt wholesale system changes, THAT WAS DOOMED TO FAIL and did.

pr0wler and 18pbr like this.
  2. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I respect that and you are right, looking back he should have made minor changes or tweaks in the offensive system from last year. The reason why I prefer to wait a little longer because we did see tiny glimpses of what a healthy roster could be from the offensive standpoint putting up 48 in a quarter twice and playing stellar defense. I am aware they were playing the Pelicans and Thunder but those were really nice performances.

Now that John Wall is looking like the old John Wall, lets see what the team can do with Christian Wood and Dipo coming back. Plus hey at least he gave fewer minutes to D.House tonight against Philly haha

D-rock likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

He's dying like a tauntaun in a frozen tundra.

D-rock likes this.
  4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Silas needs to abandon the 50/ 3’s a game BS!

Imanimal likes this.
  5. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

It's really difficult to evaluate silas performance considering we played so few games with our strongest lineups. My guess is this lineup at full strength is decent but not sure they can be together very many games this season considering we have many players with a long history of injury.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't think people like Reeko understand that if Harden shot 38% from three and overall score efficiently and the Rockets still lost, the criticism towards him would be signficantly less. The problem with Harden is when the Rockets go down, he's usually having these ultra stinkers in scoring efficiency. So in game 7 why couldn't Harden score more efficiently? If the Rockets still lost, so be it but at least he showed up. But that isn't the case. In the scenerio where Harden scores very well on high efficiency and they still lose an elimination game, that's when making claims that he doesn't have enough help ring true.

7. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

In Kansas City, they're now talking like Mahomes would have certainly won the Super Bowl if the offensive line didn't get hurt and talking like it's a certainty. It's easy to come up with excuses and what if"s. It's actually an unknown how much of a difference that would have made. Let's say if the offensive line weren't hurt -- then they'd say it was the lopsided officiating and that they kept getting called for pass interference. And if that weren't the case, then if Mahomes toe wasn't hurt, they'd be Super Bowl champs. Give the excuses a f'ing rest, both you and KC.

8. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Bill Parcells is famous for saying the following, because excuse making is so prevalent everywhere in sports.

"You are what your record says you are."

Imanimal likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

u probably thought your post had some meaning, but it didn’t

CP3, a player with top 5 level impact that year...a player that was able to get us buckets during a drought via his midrange game...a player that was a calming presence on the floor...”we don’t know what impact he would’ve made”...lmao

HP3 and Wulaw Horn like this.
  10. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

You're a well-known BS artist here, so it's expected to get very little from your posts, and so I guess you couldn't resist. It was the Super Bowl, All Pro Offensive Linemen (2) were out, and that led to a direct impact as Mahomes was pressured all game. But, yeah, only an excuse.

What excuses do you use in your life? "I could have had an education", "they gave the other guy a promotion over me 'cause they liked him, not due to competence . . .", "I could have married that girl", etc. Stop with the excuses for your miserable status in life. At some point, you are where you are because that's who your are and it's not someone else's fault.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Not I, I think it is short sighted.

Almost every elite team is built on the backbone of lottery picks. The exception is NY or LA. Houston is a larger market, but not a top 2-3 destination market. If we are going to tank, I don't understand the idea of not doing it over the next couple of years. Why put yourself through more mediocrity.

HP3 and Wulaw Horn like this.
  12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Demarcus Cousins and John Wall have never won more than 50 games in a season even though they have played with AD and Beal. Oladipo has done once with the Pacers. If these guys couldn't win in their prime playing in the eastern conference, what makes you guys think they will win together in Houston after what used to be career ending injuries.

These guys are career losers.

#172 rockbox, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    D-rock, juanm34, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Man, you guys are really hard on coach Silas. With everything he has, and is dealing with, around this team I think he is doing a good job considering. Rotations? Rotating to whom? Rookies, journeymen? I mean c'mon man this is not a real team at this point. This is just a product we are putting on the floor for now as we transition through the rebuild. So many more moves to be made on this roster.

HP3 and Denovo like this.
  14. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

That's a valid point. We are #4 in population size, but realistically about #20 in desirability as a destination or even lower.

15. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Silas is in way over his head.

D-rock likes this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Wall is the franchise and a Great Leader. Didn’t you hear him say it?

D-rock likes this.
  17. riko

riko Member

I love to see this imaginary ball movement from John Ball hog ISO wanna be king Wall or this mythical motion offense

Nook and D-rock like this.
  18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Nah. Ass end of the top 10. We get meetings lots of times. We signed Howard when he was the biggest guy in the market. We would have signed CP3 but we did a trade instead. We extended Harden twice (?) with little fanfare. 20th place NBA market doesn’t do that.

LA
    NY
    MIA

those are the clear top 3.
    Behind that you probably have Bay Area a step down, and then in the next tier you have:
    Dal, PHI, Boston, Hou, CHI rounding out the top 10. now with Tilman? We are dead for getting FA with their pick of any kind of team.

HP3 likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

yawn, I didn’t even know u were a poster on here until today...Am I supposed to care about your opinion of me or something?

Idgaf about what happened in the Super Bowl, I am talking about what happened to the Rockets...take your sorry little example somewhere else

I’m doing very well for myself...I love it when losers try and compare sports to real life

HP3 likes this.
  20. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Cool story brah.