1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. conquistador#11

Vampires vs Bronx: 5.7/10, viewable while waiting for a Rockets game. I finally learned what a 'bodega' is. It's basically a convenience store owned by a compadre in the middle of the barrio. I was expecting it to be like those mercados in Latin America only inside a warehouse with live music. I guess it sounds fancier. The plot is basic, shady white people are trying to buy up all the property to build chambers for vampires. The daywalker, Blade, is referenced a lot throughout the movie. These bodegas sell "Blade" dvds for $19.99. That's getting over on people during a pandemic.
    I liked it more than my son did but I'm a sucker for all vampire and zombie flicks.

2. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

This movie was terrible. I had to stop it in the middle, watch something else, and come back to be disappointed with the crappy ending.

3. conquistador#11

I started watching "American Honey" on Netflix. (incomplete) I stopped after the first 10 minutes when it was revealed that these dudes jobs consist of going door to door selling magazine subscriptions. In 2016! It just ruined the whole thing for me.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Saw two this week, both on Netflix.

Adu, 8 out of 10. Spanish film with parallel plotlines about a young refugee and his sister trying to escape Cameroon, a Spanish border agent dealing with a death that happened at the fence, and a Spanish wildlife activist dealing with the challenges of wildlife poaching and his rebellious daughter. The movie did a decent job of keep the three stories going and tying them together.

The Red Dot, 2 out of 10. Swedish film, made worse by making the mistake of watching the poorly dubbed version. About a couple that take a vacation in a snowy cold wilderness area. While the female lead was OK in her role, the rest of the cast was horrible. We quit watching it, wish we didn't start it. Don't let the trailer fool you.

5. Fantasma Negro

Judas and The Black Messiah

[​IMG]
    8.5/10

The Little Things

Denzel still has it. Jared Leto was a worthy antagonist and Rami Malek is probably the best face actor of our time lol. The end is a bit clunky but this film for being what it is has everything.
    8.3/10

American Skin

Great acting by a solid cast especially by Juice (Theo Rossi) and Nate Parker, but the script and direction completely shat the bed in the third act. The issue of police shootings and racial profiling deserves more sensitive and more intelligent treatment than how clumsy American Skin handled it.
    4.7/10

#9005 Fantasma Negro, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    ico4498 likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

to all the boys i've loved before

i mean... is aite.

7.5/10

daywalker02 and STR8Thugg like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How many you luved though, brehsef.....

Jontro likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Freaky - it started off pretty strong but felt like it lost momentum towards the end. Still a pretty decent overall though. 6.7/10

10. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Harry and the Henderson 10/10. How did this movie not get Oscar consideration?

JumpMan and peleincubus like this.
  11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Judas and the Black Messiah 6.5/10

Pacing was off and the only noteworthy performance IMO was daniel kaluuya

lakeith was alright, kind of overracting a bit, but it's good

not sure if it's a lock for best picture though

12. Buck Turgidson

Haven't watched Lonesome Dove in years, just found the DVDs in my closet. We'll see how it holds up.

eric.81 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fuuuuuuuu, there is a trilogy of that?

Jontro likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

yeah the third installment just came out not too long ago. haven't watched, but skimmed thru the second, which wasn't as good as the first. so not too excited on the third

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gal looks like the prototypical 3rd wheel though.

Jontro likes this.
  16. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

watched the 'The Chronicles of Riddick' set again ... (tween covid & weather eyeballs bleeding video)

outside Arnold in 'Terminator' hard to imagine a series more suited to an actor. Vin Diesel wears this role like an old comfortable slipper. found the animated sequel to 'Pitch Black', 'The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury (2004), it isn't great animation but fills the gap in storytelling. overall 'bout a 7/10 hearty recommend.

17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Private Benjamin - A bit clunky and underwhelming by today's standards, but significant in its day. 6/10

I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
    - Still holds up. 9/10

Coming to America
    - Same. 9/10

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Bad boys for life 6.5/10 it's a perfectly fine shoot em up movie but the humour was forced way to much which takes it down a notch.

Hudgens looked great I can see her doing some good adult stuff.

Martins weight gain worked great for the role should have leaned into the I am too old for this **** ethos.

Did not mind the twist but it was just there and really had no impact, they should have explored that more.

19. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yes but Reggie was in the movie. Automatically upgrades it to a 7.5

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The 3rd and 2nd installments have great music.

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.