1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 4 pick or Bust!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Trackwell, Jan 17, 2021.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Kwame Brown ftw

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how you explain that we were trashier with harden then?
    because our record post harden trade is better then our record before harden trade

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The Heat lose again. It’s looking like their pick will be solid. Perhaps somehow they luck into a top 4 pick then the rockets are good no matter what.

HP3 likes this.
  4. jacoby

jacoby Member

They're still a few games out of the playoffs. They will probably get a 14-18 overall pick.

peleincubus likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That’s more likely. But they could end up with around 10th worst record. Their health really will dictate what happens. When Butler was out they went into a tailspin.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

theres going to be top talent 1-14 picks. Im cool if we get the 5-9 picks

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You think he was trying to win, or just making sure he didn't get hurt (and put any kind of trade in jeapordy)

I am not saying he tmaxxed it, but he was going through the motions.

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Looks highly unlikely we get a 5-9 pick?? Almost impossible IMHO.

Miami is just 1 game out of 8th after a horror start. If they make the playoffs it is pick 15+

cheke64 and jacoby like this.
  9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

ahahah yes I do love them too but to be realistic the trouble is they won't be on the team anymore by the time we are back in playoff contention and they have little upside apart from Wood.

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

actually yes I share the same basketball philosophy as you and I admire and respect your approach to basketball as a fan. What you said actually made me reconsider my perspective a little bit.

I don't want an instant superteam and right now the teams I like to watch are the Pistons Kings and really dislike the Lakers Clippers and Nets. I would more rather go through the whole building a team process and the ups and downs of the journey.

But in saying that right now most if not all the guys on this roster apart from Wood has no long term future on this team and its hard to get emotionally attached to them because they would all either be on another team or out of the league by the time we have another all-star on our team.

Most of them are journeymen and undrafted prospects with little upside so it's just going through the motions watching them as they have next to none potential nor do they have an iota of trade value. Simply put this team is going nowhere. Yeah sure they play hard but they are almost unwanted journeymen veteran players leftover from other teams like House, Brown, Nwaba who are just clinging onto the league by their jockstraps.

Especially in this draft we must achieve a significant amount of terrible basketball record in order to keep our pick. Its a top 4 pick vs almost no pick at all. Yeah sure its awesome to wheel and deal but with this group its like they have been signed just to fill out the roster. Now trying to make the playoffs with these guys would be awesome but anyone in their right mind knows this team has no chance and hence why they are 2nd to worst in the West. Isn't trading them away part of the wheeling and dealing process you are referring to?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Poverty franchise deserves the 5th pick (that’ll go to OKC). Poverty franchise can then get the 15th & 25th picks.

Perfect.
    [​IMG]

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. HROZ

HROZ Member

If we're tanking then Wood can't come back.

I'm starting to lean tank after being hard against it.

We just seem to have too many injuries and you never know when the team will have a covid infection again that shuts down the rotation..

luckyman76, HP3 and palmsnbananas like this.
  13. HROZ

HROZ Member

Also how the duck did this pick not be lottery protected.

Effing crazy.

That Westbrook trade is such a failure.

luckyman76, HP3 and GotGame15 like this.
  14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Jesus see this is what I’m talking about the meaningless 11th win is costing us.

15. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

injury tanks, reporting for duty

[​IMG]

luckyman76 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This board gonna have a civil war if we end up with the 5th pick to OKC lol

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's Houston and with Houston sports luck this is what will happen.

18. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I think
    The NBA is gonna scratch our back

19. dmoneybangbang

We can only hope Miami never gets any traction..... I can live with giving up #5 if we get #10 or higher.

20. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

We got Hakeem and Yao with the first picks, our draft luck as a franchise has been amazing

Now is one of those caliber players going to go top 4 next year? Highly unlikely

luckyman76 and Trackwell like this.