1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

My gut tells me most of the trade deadline deals will be divesting. Gordon, House, Tucker, Oladipo, etc. for picks mostly.

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I'd nominate Stone for Executive of the Year if he can get more than second rounders for any of those players

fattz and GottaHaveHeart like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

But Gary Harris is even WORSE a player.

How is that not registering?

Trade EGo for FRP, I understand.

Trade him for Gary Harris AND giving up FRP, plural, is moronic.

18pbr and DrNuegebauer like this.
  4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Would be very hard to get a first rounder.

We had to give up JARRET ALLEN and Tayshaun Prince and eat Exum and Kurucs contract in order to get a MILWAUKEE first rounder

5. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Oh, I agree. It should be Harris and their FRP for Gordon.

I’m just saying we shouldn’t be worried about getting back the worse player if we’re getting compensated for it with a FRP. Especially since Gordon is 32 already.

DrNuegebauer and Grizzlyshark like this.
  6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

We could have had Allen another way but had no interest in resigning him because of the 5-out scheme we run. I sure wanted him. Him and Collins right now would fit well with a new team with a new and young front court solid in D and rebounding and athletic with 3&D.

coachbadlee and DM'sVP like this.
  7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Can't package Smith, Jr. Griffin's numbers make him virtually unplayable. Has no athleticism any more to play above the rim, horrible shooter, and walking injury that is untradeable after we get him.

D-rock likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Drummond is the better get at this point. Maybe won't have to give up too much.

9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I never do this but while we are it... I don't want to trade with Miami until they are desperate for another star so they don't get Dipo.

https://tradenba.com/trades/1xTniuNkp

Don't take this seriously but these should be our targets instead of all of these Miami or Denver trades or trades for Drummond, Walker, and Griffin horrible contracts. You want a horrible contract attached to a good player like Wall.

https://tradenba.com/trades/ua7y7LSnI

Again, paths we should look at as we change this team but don't take the trades as seriously. No team is trading for Wall this year. Offseason + 2 second round picks MAYBE but more likely next trade deadline.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So you have the Hawks exchanging Collins for Marqueese Chris's?

You lost me at the start.

Then I read on and it kept getting more and more fantastical - if that first one happened, Stone is GM of the millennium

11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Did you read the rest of the post about not taking it seriously? I literally wasted no time really matching players, picks, and salary. A 5 team trade is not realistic in the first place. I see 4 team trades here all the time just as nonsensical. My main point was to highlight targets instead of the common Denver and Miami targets I see. Most trades likely to unhappen. It was a short post but pretty clear about its intention.

12. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

D-rock likes this.
  13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I think the reason we didn't choose to acquire Allen is more because the owner didn't want to pay for his big contract as it wouldn't fit with our rebuilding timeline.

Having DeMarcus Cousins on a min contract being the anchor of the 5-out offence sounds like a joke to me and its only existing presently because that's the only way we can play with absolutely no centers on the team. The coach will alter the gameplan according to the personnel. Silas isn't an established coach like D'Antoni or Thibodeau where the team has to be constructed to their game philosophies.

Allen would have been an amazing return for Harden but just the owner didn't want to pay him.

Either way thats beyond the point. The point was we gave Allen to Cleveland and only ended up with a late 1st rounder. You try getting someone of Allen's caliber with a late first round pick on the market.

D-rock likes this.
  14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Thanks for the feedback.

The main point of the trade is to reduce our payroll as much as possible and condense down the mega contracts steadily from a top-3 worst contract that is John Wall into something that is more manageable and flexible.

Blake Griffin only has 37 million for two more years whereas Wall has 41 million for 3 more years. Both are horrible players that wouldn't have a significant role on a contending team. It's just about their contracts. Imagine shaving 45 million of dead money off your payroll and can be spent somewhere else.

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Thank you for your feedback!

16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

We're saying the same thing. He didn't want to pay him and I don't believe he fit their plans. I didn't mention Prince but that was the real reason for the diversion to Cleveland. We saved a lot of future cap by not taking back long term salaries. I think the initial Nets trade was LeVert, Dinwiddie, Prince, Allen, and picks. Houston never wanted those contracts because they instantly would have been a 45 win team in the tax and stuck. I don't trust all the particulars I have heard from the Sixers offer of Simmons, Thybulle, Maxey, and picks.

17. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

You are trading literally every single one of our tradeable players in one year for trash. Give Stone a chance to see what he can do.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Some of these proposals are so craptastic I don’t even know where to begin. The outright Wall for Blake swap. The Drummond fascination. The one where the Hawks give up Collins for Marques Chriss. Yes, that Marques Chriss.

It’s bedtime, folks. Try again tomorrow.

D-rock likes this.
  19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

The main point of the trade is to carve out capspace and reduce the size of our bad contracts, e.g. from Wall's 41 m for 3 years to Griffin's 37 mil for 2 years. Both are over the hill players that wouldn't feature on a good team due to their terrible contracts. If what we were getting back were quality players then we'd have to relinquish quality picks to get them. No one is trading their young stud for Oladipo or Tucker.

ilias likes this.
  20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I get your point but another way to look at it is utility. You are eating the entire Griffin contract and he cannot play whereas because Wall is a good player again or at least back to form you have the chance of moving him decently MAYBE in the offseason and churning other contracts for assets. Walker and Griffin are poison contracts and Wall is getting less toxic. I wish we could have gotten more out of Wizards but in hindsight dumping Westbrook turned out well. The rest of the NBA fell apart to a degree. If we had kept Capela and CP3 and not given away the Ariza and Ryno contracts things could have been different. Now its all gone.