1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

No Wood and we have a deal... LOL

2. SRR21

SRR21 Member

No way wood goes out.

D-rock likes this.
  3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I was just making a joke because the deal is straight BS. I don't want that Kemba contract AT ALL. Degenerative knee from everything I see. I don't know if we could trade that contract 3-6 months down the road and then not at all.

SRR21 likes this.
  4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

'Possibly others' means DHouse…keeping my fingers crossed.

5. VoR

VoR Member

What do you think it takes to get Tyus Jones from Memphis? I can see an Oladipo/ McLemore trade getting the job done plus a second rounder maybe.

Wall needs a true PG backup and we have too many SGs.

Package Tucker/Gordon to the Warriors and away we go. I think Gordon might be the only guard available that fits the Warriors need to fill Klay’s shoes. Oubre is fantastic, but is too inconsistent from 3 to be the guy they need.

I don’t like Oubre with the Rockets, so a third team might be needed in the mix. Maybe Miami, Toronto or Boston.

saleem likes this.
  6. bmelo

bmelo Member

Kemba can't play organized basketball he is a fake Allstar like Oladipo. He has some one on one moves but miss me with that bs... The man couldn't do **** in Fiba Olympics where actual defense was played, real playmaking skills required and I expect him to play the same in deeper playoff rounds games

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Do you like Kemba or not, get off the fence.........so should we trade for him?

just kidding

D-rock, DeBeards and saleem like this.
  8. bmelo

bmelo Member

yeah for sure, I would do trade involving him.

if I was Boston

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Whatever gets House, Tucker, Gordon, Oladipo, McLemore away from this team and brings us Green back

DO IT!

Big Time Titan likes this.
  10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Houston trades: EG/Dipo/BMac/House/Exum
    Detroit trades: Griffin/Grant/Hayes

Detroit wants to rid themselves of Blake’s contract. Grant and Killian are the price they have to pay.

From there, you have one of two options with Blake. #1) Hang onto his contract and have $39M coming off of the books next year, or #2) Be predators. There are other outright bad or trending in that direction, poor contracts with multiple years, in which we might entice a team to swap trash-for-trash. Players like Love, Horford, Adams, D-Russell, Gallo, etc all have an extra year these teams might want to avoid (for various reasons). A scenario in which we absorb that extra year could lead to us getting another asset.

Bottom line: we would still suck, no doubt, but adding Grant + Killian to our young core probably means we could be competitive next year when 100% with Wall/Grant/Wood + supporting cast. That’s three players that can score at a high volume. A lot of young blood in there, too, with Killian/Tate/Porter/Mason. And a ton of draft capital.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Rockets need to jump on a Drummond trade like yesterday. His double figure rebounding is sorely needed on this current squad. Trade PJ and a pick swap for Andre. Not sure if it will match but they can figure something out. We're talking a pretty much automatic 15pts, 15rbds here.

Big Time Titan likes this.
  12. Big Time Titan

This. This like a MF! Drummond is a beast on the boards. He’d give us that legit big.

13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

D-rock likes this.
  14. Rockets4Life13

If Heat give up Herro, we should be the team that gets him imo. I don’t think they will tho

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would do that easy. It would suck to give up Wood. But the number of picks coming the Rockets way would be insane. Getting rid of Wall's contract also.

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Nance would be the get for us. Dipo and Tucker have devalued themselves, that’s why I also threw in one of our crap picks to get them to give up Herro. Again this trade is for the win now crowd. If we could trade dipo for a frp and expirings I do it in a second or dipo for hero and expirings that would be great.

For the win now crowd, that I am not part of. Lineup the rest of the year would probably make the playoffs:

Wall
    Brown
    Nance
    Wood
    Drummond

Gordan
    Tate
    Cousins
    Jones
    KJ
    Porter

17. baller4life315

Yikes.

So the net result of the Harden trade is Nance + Drummond for half of a season? And we lose a FRP?

Yikes.

luckyman76, D-rock and Grizzlyshark like this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Well kinda of. We did get 4 nets picks and four swaps and a 10m trade exception. Unfortunately I think they would get another 1st rounder for dipo but he has totally screwed that

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets have Porter, another 6'5 wing like Herro is not as big a need as more starting caliber bigs IMO.

But Rockets should get FRP not give one up.

20. baller4life315

The goal all along was to get a young cornerstone player + the picks/swaps. Obviously, we failed to accomplish the former.

To me, the only sensible thing to do is try to turn Dipo + the DM era complimentary into that player. Easier said than done, I know, and we have a lot of Jarret Allen apologists on here. It’s still possible to get that type of player, though, and unless it’s a knockout proposal (MPJ caliber) we absolutely shouldn’t be buyers or surrendering draft capital, IMO.