1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Midterms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Jan 8, 2021.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree I think the chances are small but not improbable. We've seen a very worrying trend with the rise of new variants including one's that current vaccines don't seem to be as effective against. At the sametime we're still not seeing universal following of measures to fight the disease. I think it's pretty likely we will be dealing with COVID in some form for years. While 3,000 + Americans dying a day in November 2022 is unlikely I wouldn't rule it out.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This tweet hopefully will come back to haunt retrumplican josh mandel, who dropped out of a previous senate race because he claimed his wife had a health issue. He later divorced her. She had been his primary source of income.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I there is a corrupt partisan thing mcconnell and the republicans can do, you know they will do it...

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

What a selfish disgraceful witch.

NotInMyHouse and B-Bob like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Does that bill also include the GOP embalming his corpse so that the 1000 yr party can attest to his Greatness?

B-Bob likes this.
  6. glynch

The Repugs prepared well for 2022, except for the Trump treason, which might upset their plans.

The Repugs f'ed with the Census and it looks like 10 House seats will be redistricted almost exclusively from Dem states to Repug states. NY will probably lose 2, CA 3, PA, MI will lose House seats. TX picks up 3, Florida 3. The Repugs w. total control in many states will redistrict/ gerrymander the hsit our of these new seats.

Along with the 5 Royalty on the anti-democratic S. Ct, the anti-democratic Senate, the the outrageous filibuster another relic of Jim Crowe etc. You can control the Fed House seats in your state with only around 1/3 of the voters-- another of a long line of anti-democratic bs in our political structure.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Calling her a witch is a little much, but I do not believe that she should still be serving in the Senate. I could see if it was a state like West Virginia where she was an anomaly in a red state, but there's just no excuse for her to represent California. Her, and several other fossils on the Dem side should be forced to retire, and a primary effort is definitely something I think everyone will support on the left.

FrontRunner and jiggyfly like this.
  8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I just hope Biden learned his lesson from last time when Obama lost his majority because of the gun issue. Stay away from the "assault rifle" issue since it's stupid and the democrats will lose again.

#48 rockbox, Feb 15, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. dobro1229

That lesson is the main reason that I'm sure they didn't go through with witnesses in Impeachment. According to reports, Senator Coons led the argument to compromise to end it on Saturday. Coons was probably speaking directly with the White House and that's probably the #1 factor in the decision. I think Biden's team see's their 2022 fortunes revolving around these key issues:

-Covid
    -Covid
    -Economy bounce back
    -Infrastructure in economy to give future outlook
    -Healthcare reforms (lowering costs consumers can start to see)
    -Contrast of Republicans continuing to look like Fascist Space Laser nutcases (where Trump not being impeached helps in the short term)
    -Covid

Outlier issues that help drive base
    -Racial justice reforms
    -climate

Very little of the midterms will have to do with whatever happens with Trump. I do think though that he'll be out there causing noise, and that noise could actually help Democrats in 2022 although it gives him airtime to justify running again in 2024.

No Worries, dmoneybangbang and B-Bob like this.
  10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Would get vetoed I assume, but it actually makes sense that the party of the deceased/resigned candidate would get to be replaced by the same party until an election can be held.

11. glynch

I use witch instead of the b word.

12. rockbox

Well Biden started his gun rhetoric over the weekend. Again, I'm hoping he sticks to universal background checks and stays away from AR's.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/538672-biden-pledges-action-on-guns-amid-resistance

13. dobro1229

Anticorruption legislation in Congress is the way you handle the gun issue. Get money out of politics, and you neuter the gun lobby's influence. There's no need to talk directly at gun legislation when you aren't addressing the real root of the problem which has much more bipartisan support with the voters.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Neo-liberals don't understand that reduction of gun violence is done mostly through economic reform and drug policy reform.

The easy way out is b**** about the proliferation of firearms.

Joe Biden is a massive idiot if he's going to go down this path. Say hello to losing the Senate and House in the midterms.

Corrosion and B-Bob like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So this your new thing?

Labeling anyone who is not in your tribe?

Please explain how the "Neo-liberals" just won 2 seats in the Senate.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is it an insult to say "conservative" now also?

Is "proggressive" insulting now?

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Used in the way you did and every other time you do it, YES.

What's the point of you doing this?

18. dobro1229

See I think it’s actually anti corrupting legislation that can do a lot of the heavy lifting on gun control. A big part of gun culture here in the US is the gun lobby and their corrupt enterprise within the GOP. Take away any incentive to GOP financially being tied at the hips and maybe they have no reason to propagate on behalf of massive gun ownership and gun culture.

Also as a piece of legislation I don’t know what has more bi partisan support outside of DC than getting money out of politics and banning lobbying.

There wouldn’t be an immediate decrease in guns like you’d get with a ban, but over time I think it’ll have the greatest impact.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yeah, the Rs were really upset when Obama came to their houses and took all of their guns.

20. rockbox

Republicans were really upset. Doesn't matter if it was rational or not just like it doesn't matter if AR style rifles are actually a problem to Democrats. Biden needs to stick to something that most Americans agree upon which is universal background checks so guns aren't as easy to obtain.