1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

43 cowards who violated oath and voted in favor of the failed putsch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

You don’t have a valid point.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Do you really want to go down this bullshit path? Regardless of who writes history, the South supported slavery, the Germans burned Jews, the Russians killed their people for sport and the USA had internment camps.

Trump lost the election, Trump purposely attempted to lie and mislead his supporters in an effort to have the election over turned, Trump incited violence and the Senate and House had to flee before Trump’s supporters go to them.

Those are all facts, so take your “who writes history” bull **** and but it back in your bag of excuses.

3. droxford

droxford Member

He never directly incited violence in a way that would hold up in court.

Yes, I do.

Don't put words in my mouth. My statement about history being written was a direct response to Invisible Fan's post about how history will judge the situation. You know perfectly well that, if the Republicans write the history books, they'll praise Trump and villainize the Democrats (do you disagree?)

4. Nook

Nook Member

This is legally false. It has already been litigated with numerous cases involving a number of people and organizations and the Courts have consistently ruled that the larger context isn’t overlooked because of a disclaimer. The totality of the circumstances matter.

You can’t say...

All these black people are terrible and weak.

These black people they aren’t like us.

These black people are ruining America.

These black people need to be stopped.

We need to fight like hell to get rid of blacks.

Someone should do something about blacks.

We need to fight like hell and let them know we hate them.

These black people are stealing from us.

These black people will never change.

Let’s stop these blacks from stealing our country.

Let’s go March down to that black neighborhood and make them hear us!

The white people that don’t hate black people are cowards and need to be removed.

We have to stop this! Did you know these blacks are violating the Constitution! These blacks never change and no one stops them and the media covers up all the bad that black people do!

If we don’t stand up to blacks, no one will! You have to fight to stop these thieving law breaking blacks!

I fight for you to keep you safe from the blacks.

We should really go march down to that black neighborhood and tell them we wont tolerate it anymore!!

March! Remember to be peaceful.

We don't like blacks, they are taking our country away from us, they steal and we need to let them know we won't toleratw it anymore!

.... but I said to be peaceful

It doesn't work as a defense... didn't when the clan did it, didn't when the mafia did it or cigarette companies did it.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

You don’t know the law.

You don’t have a valid point.

You lack any depth or nuance of the law.

How many cases have you tried? How many criminal? How many civil?

6. droxford

droxford Member

Zero. Not a lawyer. Don't claim to be one.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Also there is nothing keeping the Republicans from writing history. How do Republicans feel about Richard Nixon? How do the Republicans feel about McCarthy?

Eventually politics get removed and people that are pieces of **** get remembered for being pieces of ****. It will happen to Trump to. History will also remember how gutless those that voted against impeachment are.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's an actual lawyer

Nook likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Then perhaps you should leave legal standards and precedence to those that practice law.

Having a personal opinion is great, but don’t cross over into legal standards.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. droxford

droxford Member

This is a completely different situation from the KKK or the mafia. If you stick to the facts, there is no case. If there was, the Dems wouldn't have doctored the video footage.

11. fchowd0311

The problem with arguing with idiots is they will toss the table and call themselves the victor.

He's essentially doing that right now.

Nook likes this.
  12. droxford

droxford Member

You guys argue with opinion and passion, but without fact. You chastise cand call names, like children in a playground. You don't try to understand those who see things differently than you. And you hate those who do. You hate those who blindly follow the opposing political party, while you blindly follow your political party. Those people you hate? You're exactly like them.

JumpMan likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

You don’t know what you are talking about from a legal perspective at all. You don’t know the legal standards from criminal or civil.

The standards are the same regardless of the actors. Just because you like Donald Trump (and you do) doesn’t mean that what the legal standards are no longer apply. There were people that liked the KKK and the mafia and some left wing extremist groups ... and they thought their group and fight was different and didn’t apply either.

That isn’t how the law works.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. edwardc

edwardc Member

15. fchowd0311

You want to debate about tax rates we can have cordial civil discourse. If you want to talk about the role of government in healthcare, we can have a rational discourse. If you want a debate on border security, we can have rational discourse.

If you want to claim that President Trump didn't incite violence by telling people a lie that the election is fraudulent and that an illegal usurper is about to head into the White House and all legal recourse has seen spent, then there will be no civil discourse and I'm not going to pretend that there will be.

And please, you've brushed over the vast majority of the arguments people have made and just regurgitate the same premise that he said "peace" once and that a tweet was doctored.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Differing opinions are fine. There are posters that have differing opinions, @fchowd0311 and I have had numerous debates where we have disagreed. The difference is when you start providing false “facts”. I am not going to argue with a surgeon on whether the fusion should be anterior or interior. I am not going to tell a chemist on the right way to get a particular chemical reaction? Why? Because I am not a surgeon and I am not a chemist.

Provide opinions, explain how you feel - but facts are not opinions. There are no “alternative facts”.... so avoid legal standards...

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. droxford

droxford Member

Yup. Facts.

Show me the tweet where Trump directly called for physical violence, and did so in a way that would hold up in court.

18. Nook

Nook Member

This is the major disconnect... and it all echoes back to “alternative facts”.

Just because someone doesn’t like something doesn’t mean anything when it comes to facts. Also not all opinions are equal. My opinion on the handling of viruses isn’t worth as much as someone that has studied the topic for 40 years.

We take our cars to repair shops, we go to doctors and lawyers and accountants for a reason. We use architects to build buildings and not some guy that doodles on a cocktail napkin.

I can have an opinion on whether a building is ugly and it can matter... my opinion on whether the building really needed two arches means little if the consensus in the architectural community is it needed to arches to be same... I can’t just say “no it needed one” and claim alternative facts as a lay observer.

FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You think you’re going to show up after four years of cheerleading this **** show of hatred, misdirection, freaking stupidity, and psychotic behavior and anyone is going to give you the time of day? You couldn’t have any less credibility. It’s like we have to pretend none of what’s happened actually happened to stoop to your level of intellectual dishonesty and delusion. Wear that traitor label proudly son, you’ve earned it.

#139 CometsWin, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Considering you’ve posted no evidence and in fact that is kind of your calling card, I’m not even interested. Stop the steal, dominion, sixty failed cases but it was just lack of standing. That was you right? Now it’s a blue twitter check and not the reams of video and evidence. Fine people on both sides.

FranchiseBlade likes this.