1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

43 cowards who violated oath and voted in favor of the failed putsch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I’m sure Mike Pence and everyone else who almost died by mob cared, even if they can’t vote their conscience or have one.

#81 Invisible Fan, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. droxford

droxford Member

Completely moot (with regard to my post).

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It’s also a mark for posterity. I don’t think history will judge Dems more harshly “for wasting time” than those who sat on their hands (McConnell post acquittal remark) and even openly supported subverting the constitution

AroundTheWorld and Nook like this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

A pretty good example of wasting America’s money is Trump spending almost all of his time complaining, b****ing, tweeting, golfing... but I digress.

Impeachment is part of Congress job, literally. They are paid to perform their job. There isn’t anything in the Constitution that said Congress shall not perform her duties of impeachment if the result is known before hand.

Given that 7 republicans voted their conscience to convict, it’s well worth it. Historic and highest bipartisan support for conviction of a president ever.

Nook and seemoreroyals like this.
  5. droxford

droxford Member

That depends on who writes the history, doesn't it?

6. droxford

droxford Member

It takes only a few seconds to watch the video footage, see that Trump called for peaceful demonstration, and know that there was no case.

It is NOT the duty of congress to intentionally omit that from evidence and use the manipulated evidence to fabricate a case. Investigate? Yes. Fabricate? No.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Trump saying one line about "peace" is irrelevant to the fact that he spammed a narrative that the election was stolen and the nation was about to place an illegal usurper into the White House even after all legal recourse was spent to people in a nation where firearms are the solution to government tyranny. Trump's rhetoric left these people no choice in their heads besides storming the capitol.

If I'm in a crowded building and yell "fire!" when there isn't one, I'm still inciting panic even if I don't say "Fire! Everyone run out like crazy people!". However if I shout "fire!" In a crowded building where there is an actual fire, I won't be liable for inciting a panic because there actually was a fire.

If Trump's narrative was true, the ****ed up part is those people's actions storming the capitol building would be justified because at that point all legal recourse had been spent. The only solution at that point to an illegal usurper that subverted democracy is violent action. Their error was succumbing to a fake news media bubble headed by Trump. So those people who bought into Trump's fake narrative are the ones going to prison while the guy responsible for inciting panic and violence gets his dick sucked by idiots like you.

That's why Donald Trump in my opinion deserves imprisonment and that is me being lenient. In reality I think he should be executed but that's selfish of me because I understand that would turn him into a martyr for idiots like you. He tried to subvert democracy and incite panic amongst the public that our democracy has ended.

seemoreroyals and NotInMyHouse like this.
  8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nm

10. fchowd0311

Yup. Figured that would trigger you.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I see you changed the topic. Good, you were wrong about waste of American money and time. Moving on.

“There’s no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking” the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Saturday

He acquit him on a technicality, a coward move. But why did he stated that? Why did 7 Republican voted guilty? Because that “peacefully” phrase meant jack once you no longer ignore everything else that was said and done.

12. droxford

droxford Member

This does not matter. His "spammed narrative" did not, at any point directly invite violence. He DID expressly invite peaceful demonstration. With this in mind there was no case.

If we're going to use that analogy, it would be more accurate to say that Trump expressly said "There is no fire" at the same time others feel like he said there was a fire. ... which means there was no case against him....and the Dems knew it.... and they manipulated the footage and brought charges against him in a case that they knew they couldn't win.

People shouldn't blindly follow their party, should they?

I'm gonna tell the teacher you said that! Oh wait... I'm not in third grade.

Opinions vary.

13. fchowd0311

His spammed narrative ABSOLUTELY had no other end result besides violence.

You completely ignored the part where I said his narrative's conclusion is violence. Because he said the election was stolen AFTER all legal recourse was spent. He said that the inauguration is a sham and a usurper is going to take power and again this is AFTER all legal recourse has been spent.

So naturally the only conclusion for these people would be violence because again, all legal recourse had been spent. How can you not get that through your thick skull?

There is no peaceful demonstration when the narrative is the election was stolen, an illegal usurper is about to go in the white house and that all legal actions have been spent to remedy this grave subverting of democracy in a country that prides itself in a amendment in a condition to use firearms to fight government tyranny

VooDooPope likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This post ignores the fact that the speech that one day was not the only basis from Trump's obvious incitement.

It had been going on for months just not one day. That one line doesn't discount the countless others nor his reactions afterwards.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Mentioning the word 'peacefully' one time vs. the word 'fight' mentioned 14 times isn't a good defense. The intent was clear. It's why his followers cited the President's wishes as they were rioting and threatening to hang Pence and killing police.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's no defense at all. It's willful blindness, or just plain stupidity.

17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Trump defense be like:

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

19. fchowd0311

Well willful blindness is stupidity also so just stupidity.

20. fchowd0311

Trump saying "peacefully" once is like someone telling a group of people that right now there is a building a block away that is currently murdering toddlers for harvesting organs as we speak and the person says "peacefully" protest outside.

**** no, people would be storming into that building.