1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Independent commission on Trump cop killing terrorists

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Tom Kean, the former Republican governor of New Jersey, and Lee Hamilton, the former Democratic House member from Indiana, headed after 9/11 and now are advocating to investigate the Jan. 6 events.

On Friday, Kean and Hamilton sent a letter to President Biden and to the bipartisan leaders in the House and Senate urging the establishment of a commission that would be both independent and bipartisan. In a time of partisanship and, among most Republicans tribal loyalty to Trump, it will be a challenge to assemble a group that meets those criteria, but the two leaders say it is, nonetheless, essential to try.

In the letter, the two wrote, “The shocking and tragic assault of Jan. 6th on the U.S. Capitol requires thorough investigation, to ensure that the American people learn the truth of what happened that day. An investigation should establish a single narrative and set of facts to identify how the Capitol was left vulnerable, as well as corrective actions to make the institution safe again.”

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    How about an independent commission on the dozens (hundreds?) of Black Lives Matters riots that killed many and produced billions in property damage? Violent riots that devastated inner cities, crippling the ability for small businesses to earn a living...

Or is this just another partisan probe? Yup. Dems are the party of violent riots - in case anyone forgot about 2020. Obama literally launched his first campaign in the HOME of a terrorist who bombed the capitol. Just as a friendly reminder for the less educated among us!

GOOD DAY

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

BLM riots had other confounding factors that led to violence such as right wing LARPers fully kitted out as if they are about to do a Helo raid in Marjah Afghanistan spamming these protests in massive numbers causing antagonization. Other factors include our history of law enforcement culture always suppressing black activism as law enforcement culture in this country is very right wing. Think I'm exaggerating? I suggest following the rhetoric of police union presidents all across the country and also understand they are voted in by their peers. Example: Chicago PD Union president said Muslims should be shot in the head. CPD is one of them largest police forces in America. And CPD cops voted the bigot in because most of them also have bigoted views. No he didn't lose his job for that and yes I'm betting Muslim residents in Chicago probably fear the police. So now we know the right wing culture of law enforcement combined with right wing LARPers armed to the teeth spamming these protests, it's going to generates more heated tension. Notice how in the Trump riot, there were no counter protestors trying to instigate violence. There were few liberal youtube commentators there and all they did was walk around and ask questions. No one LARPing up in military gear with a giant Antifa symbol velcro'd to their plate carrier.

BLM protests and riots are a result of hundreds of straws breaking hundreds of camels' backs. Let me show you something: https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/fiscal-fact/median-value-wealth-race-ff03112019

That graph shows that the median white household in America has 1000% of the wealth that the median black household does. Now if you studied history you know that gap is mostly a result of Redlining practices during the suburban housing boom right after ww2 where blue collar white families received cheap mortgages like candy while black families were denied even when financially qualified which made them get stuck in decaying parts of cities where everyone is a renter.

I want you to show me a country outside the US where there is a 1000% wealth gap between median households of the two largest ethnic/racial groups of a country that doesn't have sporadic riots and sectarian violence.

The other riot/insurrection was a result of people being brainwashed to believe that their cult leader won an election and the election was stolen where they felt compelled to storm the capitol and stop the certification of the election.

When you equate BLM activism with riots to stop the certification of an election because they were spoonfed fake news, you are ignoring important context.

Do you feel proud of yourself and patting yourself in the back for being "unbiased"? Because your bias is your ignorance of history and context.

The media covered BLM riots differently because it was different. Surprising I know.

**** YOUR DAY.

FrontRunner and subtomic like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why would I faint?

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Low blood sugar and dehydration

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Glade you didn’t faint. Hate to see that from my favorite poster ;)

8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Just let it the **** go and allow the DOJ and the various states and counties do their job. I've enjoyed this Trump free time and now that the impeachment trial is over it's time to go forward and let Biden get **** done. Time to limit executive powers, get DeJoy out as postmaster general, etc.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Why don't you ask GOP leadership? They had power but instead of an independent investigation, they simply blame BLM for everything. Maybe the truth is too scary for Republican to go the independent path?

Fed charge Texan for inciting riots (George Floyd protests, Antifa) | ClutchFans
    Boogaloo suspects used IRA as a model for violence, says prosecutor | Las Vegas Review-Journal
    Police Knew Far-Right Extremists Were the Threat at Protests (theintercept.com)

So, let's do it. Let's have independent investigations into Trump cop killing terrorist and far-right groups and whatever other groups responsible for the riots during the BLM protests.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

LMAOOOOOO if you think an investigation into the "insurrection" at the Capitol will be independent.

LMAOOOOOO if you think far right groups were responsible for the BLM looting and rioting... open your eyes, my guy, even if you don't like what you see. Anyone who has ever driven through crime-riddled areas of literally every major city in America knows that it's not the far right committing the crimes. No different here, my man. Check the videos from the riots - it's obvious. Check the BLM activists harassing and assaulting innocent people - it's their stated strategy!

The media is a mouthpiece for the Democratic party's wishes... to think that posting some media links is persuasive? That's so 20 years ago of you...

GOOD DAY

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Funny how Bill Barr DOJ decided to charge right wing individuals for the violence. Must be some secret leftish in control! oh my

So now you don't want an independent investigation that you just asked for? Yick, that was fast.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Link? I’m still waiting for your bombshell Obama doing cocaine in a limo thing. Are you not going to follow up with information because behaving like a sensationalist drive by slanderer is an ugly look for an industrialist..

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

B-Bob likes this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Hey, you posted in the D&D for the first time in months.

So stunning, so brave.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

My chewing gum ran out of flavor and Trump exists.

I think we should impeach Trump a fourth time for this.

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

"Bipartisan Support Grows For 9/11-Style Commission To Probe Capitol Riot":

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2021/02/bipartisan-support-grows-for-911-style.html

excerpt:

Trial first, investigation afterwards. Kind of risky, isn't it? Just to assert that now what we need is an investigation is to make the fanfare of the last week seem, retrospectively, sketchy. We were urged to believe that we saw everything, and we know what we saw and what it all might. Are we just supposed to forget all that and imagine we're back at square one? How can this commission dare to find things that don't synch with the prosecution's case? Was Brian Sicknick beaten to death with a fire extinguisher?

You can't trust Republicans and Democrats to do this Commission properly, because they have such a strong stake in justifying what they have already done. The 9/11 Commission was given an appearance of impartiality by balancing 5 Republicans and 5 Democrats. That approach won't suffice this time.
    more at the link

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

They should. And I don't think it has much anything to do with the impeachment. But it was a pretty critical moment in our history and it needs an accounting so we can understand what's happened. It doesn't need to blame trump, and it rather misses the boat if that's the emphasis. The focus needs to be on all the drivers that made rioters show up that day.

NotInMyHouse, Amiga and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It’s happening

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pel...ion-style-panel-investigate/story?id=75918382

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., announced Monday that Congress will move to establish an independent commission to investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, similar to the one set up in the wake of the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.

"To protect our security, our security, our security, our next step will be to establish an outside, independent 9/11-type Commission to 'investigate and report on the facts and causes relating to the January 6, 2021 domestic terrorist attack upon the United States Capitol Complex… and relating to the interference with the peaceful transfer of power, including facts and causes relating to the preparedness and response of the United States Capitol Police and other Federal, State, and local law enforcement in the National Capitol Region.'"

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I guess that's good but the one thing that I fear is using this as an excuse to ramp up the surveillance state in this country like they did with 9/11.

Amiga likes this.