1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden apologises and admits forcing out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Feb 12, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup, he pretty much had to do what he had to do. Hes wanted out for months. Holding him for as long as they did just made it worse by the day. He owes nobody an apology and it doesn't even matter if you accept it or not. He finally gets to play with 2 elite players just like so many of his peers in this modern era where guys team up to actually win and actually has a legit shot to win a title. He hasn't felt or had that opportunity since 2017 for the first time and he had a dumbass owner come in and immediately take that away from him like he moron he is.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'll speak for Silas when I say, "fack you, you b**** ass ho!"

DCkid likes this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i know it's crazy right, the way the rox held him hostage until he signed his extension and then expecting him to honor it! crazy rox!!!

4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

He's lying.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah crazy. you put a bunch of scrubs around a guy trying to win a ship and expect him to just shut up and dribble. crazy rox!!!

MettaWorldPete and Reeko like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He loved this situation though. Lol.

He doesn't have any ground to stand on that this team never tried to get him the help he needed. They got him Dwight/Paul/Westbrook. Somehow, they were on the brink of breaking down prior to getting to Houston. Just bad luck. They even signed EG/Anderson to big contracts and brought in Mike D in 2016 season.

I wish he would take a bit of responsibility from his end, that although his style was incredibly successful, he may have been the cause of holding some of the talent back because he had such high usage. Honestly, I had no problem with it and I thought it was our best chance at winning anyways.

CP3, that first year, it was freaking incredible, just bad luck how it all went down. I blame CP3 for not coming in good shape the following season, however, if Harden would of just been patient, you had a healthy CP3 all 2019 season. Harden could of just made it work with CP3 instead of giving up so quickly, he really was a good compliment.

Harden has to hold himself accountable for some of the biggest moments when he just couldn't carry the Rockets all the way. Losing against the Spurs in game 6 against a team missing both Kawhi and Parker was unacceptable (especially since it was a ****ing blowout). Not doing something different when we went 0-27 was unacceptable as well (anyone remember Harden's badass mid range game in that 2015 playoff run??). The first playoff run with Howard, just awful. Howard played so well that Blazers series while Harden was not very good.

I'm a Harden fan everyday, all day, my favorite Rocket of all time, but lets be realistic as well.

joshuaao, pahiyas, BamBam and 6 others like this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Why do peeps continue to bring up this baby here, isn't this more of a Nba Dish topic?

[​IMG]

sushimaster likes this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

apology not accepted add us to the broken hearts you've collected

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I accept it. I’ll always root for him

Deuce likes this.
  10. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

It's whatever, he's gone and it was time to move on. We weren't winning a chip with him anyway. The way he held the organization hostage with his "demands" **** that dude. Our future is brighter without him.

11. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I can't blame him for wanting out. He doesn't owe anyone an apology for that. (And I have and will continue to root for him on the court, for the record.)

Looking like a moron that doesn't give a **** about other people and partying maskless on the other hand... that I have a hard time with.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

APOLOGY ACCEPTED

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't forget these guys.

[​IMG]

HP3 and Reeko like this.
  14. SuraGotMadHops

Exactly, Harden created the very problem he wanted to bail out of, that's why he does not get my respect.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

at least he's being honest

Sanctity likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

When the very problem is the dumbass owner that took over the franchise and destroyed it well, harden sure is a magician at creating that. I knew he could create but wow

topfive and Reeko like this.
  17. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

There isn't a single one of that hasn't had to apologize for acting like a jackass.

Most of us just don't have millions of fans that get disappointed when we do it.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He quit.

after the team did whatever he wanted, now he is pretending it was someone else’s fault, he is just a lying b****.

DD

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The CP3/Westbrook wouldn't have happened if Harden didn't support it.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Totally agree. Combination of bad luck and a couple of bad decisions got the team where we are today.

At the end of the day, though, Harden and the Rockets had a few real, decent shots to win, and it just didn't work out. Harden played well overall, so it is hard to crucify him for a couple of bad games in the playoffs over 8 years of being relied on to carry the team. But it is what it is. He didn't win a championship here, and there were a number of real opportunities. Were we favored to win it all? No, but they were opportunities nonetheless.

I doubt he will win a championship in Brooklyn either. It takes a lot to win: talent, chemistry, complimentary pieces, peaking at the right time, and above all else: LUCK. Harden (correctly, I think) saw that he wasn't going to win it here, given the current state of the team. To what extent that is his fault vs. ownership or circumstance, is up for debate. But the situation is what it is, and he wants to try to win before his career is over.

Taking all sentimentality out of it, forcing his way to a team with 2 other superstars (well, 1-and-a-half) is probably a more likely path to a championsip than with Wall and Wood, frankly. I am not particularly rooting for NJN to win. I felt some schadenfreude when they lost to the Wizards. Long term I hope that team fails so the Rockets get good draft picks. But if NJN are playing LAL in the Finals, I will absolutely root for Harden to win it all. Careers are short, and Harden is thinking about his legacy. I don't blame him for looking for his own interests even if it comes out looking selfish to Rockets fans. At the end of the day, if Harden had underperformed his contract, the Rockets would feel no remorse for shipping him out, regardless of past performance. We shouldn't be surprised that players feel the same way when the shoe is on the other foot.