1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Collins is perfect for this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yes.

Until Denver offers MPJ or Miami offers Herro for him. This team is kind of ****ed.

csc177, HP3 and ROXTXIA like this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is he willing to play for cheap? If so then Yes, he is perfect for Tilman's team.

amaru, chadyang, slothy420 and 6 others like this.
  4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Him and Mpj all the way. Then you can adjust your team and start drafting your picks.

Collins : 23
    Mpj : 22
    Kevin : 20

5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I can’t imagine a scenario where we land Collins and MPJ. I’d be thrilled with either.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Replace "kind of" with "pretty well".

treyk3 and Le$$ like this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I can, you can burn picks attached to player Packages. Thats why houston has Those picks from Nets. Stone has even gone on record saying hes going to use them to get potential players back to build around.

#7 Le$$, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    roslolian and RudyTBag like this.
  8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I love John Collins' game, but "several months before he hits free agency demanding a max contract" isn't timing I'm super comfortable with if I'm giving up assets for him. He won't come cheap, and then he won't come cheap.

9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Incredibly talented guy but from the little I've watched he's really really bad on defense. I watched a lot of Hawks games last year and between him and Trae it was easy to see why they were the third worst defense in the league. They had a lot of bad defenders though, when nobody else does their job it can be hard to do yours well. He's really talented offensively, obviously, and he's young enough that there's a lot of room for improvement on the other end.

I'd like to see the rockets go after him.

roslolian, Hesitation, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

How many times have we heard so and so is perfect for this team

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tilman agreeing to a trade for John Collins if the Rockets could even pull it off so that he can pay him the max? He probably doesn’t even know who he is...

BHannes2BHonest, saleem and D-rock like this.
  12. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I donn't think any team to give him Max offer

13. harold bingo

Supporting Member

Is it wrong though? A lot of players are perfect for this team. The only real criteria is "young", "really good at basketball", and "isn't redundant with Christian Wood." And the last one is even debatable.

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

players are perfect for this team, then some of them come here and are pretty much wrong for this team.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Twice, once for Boggy and for his Cousin - are perfect!!

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Focus on getting "the guy" trading assets for a dude who is not "the guy" doesnt make sense. If he signs here in the off season, that's cool but trading for him is a bad move. Im not even THAT comfortable giving him the max when we dont have a top 10 player on the Roster. Collins seems more like a top 20-15 guy at his peak. MPJ should be THE priority if we could get him(unlikely).

roslolian likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ennis is perfect for this team, Bruno is perfect for this team, Chriss is perfect for this team, Knight is perfect for this team, Melo is perfect for this team, House is perfect for this team, Carroll is perfect for this team, Clemons is perfect for this team, Thabo is perfect for this team

[​IMG]

18. ClutchCity9495

He would be a nice piece to add to the Wood, Tate, and Porter nucleus. I think a lineup featuring Wood, Collins, Tate, Porter, and Wall not a bad starting 5. Wall is the Vet leader, I just really want us to fill our needs with a back up PG and another Big, unless Spaulding shows he belongs. A two way 3 and Def wing would be nice. Unless Tate can step his offensive game up more.

D-rock and Dankstronaut like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

actually a nice tall Tom Collins would be perfect for watching this team :rolleyes:

#19 Os Trigonum, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  20. harold bingo

Supporting Member

Point taken, but I guess I'm separating "washed min contract roleplayers" from a guy like John Collins.

D-rock likes this.