1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden apologises and admits forcing out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Feb 12, 2021.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Do you accept the apology and do you think Harden was justified to act as he did? To me it’s telling he apologises, not holding a grudge and it’s more than we got from T-Mac and than the Spurs got from Kawhi for example.

I think we got more than we would’ve in the off-season, but the fact that Stone and Tilman claimed they were okay with making things uncomfortable while understandable, did hurt our chemistry and Silas’ ability to find the right mix of guys.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

**** him lol

bro2044, Nelly, Iron21 and 64 others like this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Screw Harden. Benedict Lardnold.

bro2044, Nelly, astros123 and 8 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

he did what he had to do in order to force a trade with 2 years left on his deal

he is just the latest in a long line of stars and superstars that did what they had to do to force their way out of their current situation from Kyrie in Cleveland, AD in New Orleans, Kawhi in San Antonio, etc

sh*t, even washed Russ was threatening not to come to training camp if he didn’t get traded

bro2044, Nelly, astros123 and 12 others like this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Nope he ruined our season. He signed the extension. 100% effort once the season starts or go #%@* yourself.

6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

^^^^ / close thread

Nelly, astros123, primtim24 and 7 others like this.
  7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Should've, would've, could've...JH screwed up, too late for an apology.

Nelly, astros123, gatsby and 7 others like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

10. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Link? Where’s the source? You jsut posted a random quote without any sources

@Clutch need some verification

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He did an interview with Rachel Nicols

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Comon man...enough with that dumbass

We are teying to clean the forums from all these Harden fanboiz

13. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Don’t care. Bye. Wish his team the worst.

SunsRocketsfan, Nelly, Easy and 8 others like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

“Not who I am.” ... Exactly who you are.
    “Would you change anything?” “No.”
    “Having the ball in my hands, scoring 35, so draining” ... Don’t pretend you didn’t enjoy it.

“There’s always gonna be some kind of negative perception on James.”

“The situation that I was with in Houston, consistently every single night having to get 40 points to give ourselves a chance to win for a long extend of years is draining. Just be able to have a skill set of guys that you can be a playmaker and get guys involved and not have to worry about scoring each possession is a little bit relieving for me.”

(How do you feel about things in the final month or two?) “I don’t like it all because that’s not who I am. The drama, the extra whatever you want to call it, the negativity, I don’t like negative energy, it’s draining. I don’t like how it necessarily happened. It could have happened a lot smoother, a lot easier but it is what it is.”

(Would you do anything differently in Houston?) No. No. I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful. I wasn’t trying to be selfish. The front office knew where I stood and what I wanted. Apologize for how it went down but I guess I had to do what I had to do to get to where I wanted to go. Credit to Houston. They didn’t have to trade me to Brooklyn. They could have traded me anywhere. Those are some stand up guys over there. It ended up the right way. I just don’t like how that month or two played out.”

(Defense still a work in progress. What conversations do you, Kevin & Kyrie have about that?) “In order for us to get where we want to go, we don’t have to be amazing. We just have to be solid. Right now, we’re not solid enough. Schedule is so hectic. We’re playing 4 times a week and not enough time to practice. It has to be throughout the course of the games to learn. We’re gonna use this season for that.

(You had the most bizarre game last week where Durant doesn’t start, is in/out.) It’s frustrating because we get tested once, recently twice a day. If we’re getting tested consistently and and we continue come up negative, we should be good.

(You’re playing the Warriors this weekend.) This isn’t Kevin’s first time going back to a former team. I’m sure he’ll go out there and be Kevin Durant. I expect Kevin to go out there and be Kevin.

(Enough to win a title this year?) Of course. We’re more than confident it’s gonna be difficult for a team to beat us 4 out of 7 times. I’m excited about it.

Nelly, DeBeards, chadyang and 3 others like this.
  15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It's not an apology. All he is saying is I pouted and got my way.

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He came in late, completely out of shape, and acted like a horse's @$$. It hurt his trade value and our leverage.
    All that said, years down the road, I'd still hoist that jersey to the rafters. It's all so fresh at this point though.

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The big difference is that Harden pushed through a terrible trade which crippled the franchise's future, and THEN he demanded a trade.

ClutchLatina, Nelly, payaso and 12 others like this.
  18. Newlin

Newlin Member

“How it went down”

Yes, let’s talk about how it went down. Harden half assed it on the court, and he pouted off the court. His teammates didn’t deserve that. The fans didn’t deserve that. The Rockets franchise didn’t deserve that. It was Harden just being a selfish jerk. That’s how it went down, and it says a lot about who James Harden really is. Selfish James Harden.

Nelly, bballjunkie, payaso and 6 others like this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Honestly, I feel the same way about him that Cuban feels about Zach Lowe.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

nvm

#20 HP3, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    chadyang and kjayp like this.