1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Porter Bro's?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Feb 12, 2021.

?

Should we build on the Porter's?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    69.7%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

get some rest bro. we'll still be here when you wake up.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Of course. If there’s anyway to get MPJ next to Wood, the Rockets should make it happen.

True Rocket and Lloyd Estacio like this.
  4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I approve this message.

oloboloz likes this.
  5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Is there a Terry Porter Jr we could get too?

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I'd give up a lot to land MPJ. A lot.

True Rocket likes this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Add Otto in the offseason and we can be the Law Firm of Porter, Porter and Porter

banzai, napalm06, Kevooooo and 8 others like this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

You guys are right. Denver really wants DIPO because he has shown himself to be a super stud this season. They would jump on the opportunity to get DIPO and super long contract.

harold bingo, napalm06 and saleem like this.
  9. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I have never seen MPJ pass. MPJ passing footage is harder to find than videos of yeti’s. He can score but will he be the next Kevin Durant or Michael Beasley? His comments during last year’s playoffs were pretty telling that he has a pretty big ego and over inflated view of his game. He also doesn’t play a lick of defense. These are all mental shortcomings that can be fixed over time but he’s definitely a gamble.

10. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Dipo wasn't playing so poorly, you could probably get Denver to talk about Tucker and Dipo with a pick for Porter and Gary Harris.

A healthy Tucker and Oladipo would actually complement Jokic and Murray really well, and Gary Harris needs a change of scenery.

11. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Sometimes Less is more

Le$$ likes this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I love passing, but also love making shots. This team that the Rockets are throwing out there is pretty damn boring. They brick a lot. I say, bring MPJ and let him throw up 25 shots for all I care.

I really would love it if we could pry away MPJ from Denver, but I doubt that will happen, but if it does, by all means give them whatever the hell they want (within reason of course).

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Porters got tickets to the game!? How'd they get tickets?

Verbal Christ likes this.
  14. Scarface

Supporting Member

He is available for sure. If he is moved or not depends on the offers that Denver receives. He does not mesh well with Jokic and that is what is frustrating for Denver. You have an MVP caliber player who makes everyone better and yet MPJ and him can’t play on the court together. We will suck until we land a superstar so I’m all for taking chances but I just want everyone to know buyer beware with him.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Eric Gordon would be a really nice fit there, and he is under contract unlike Vic.

I'm sure we'd have to take back Gary's corpse too, oh well.

Scarface likes this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Any Porter thread that don’t include Otto Porter is not really a thread at all.

Htown Legend likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Is he really available? I haven't seen an article. Would love a link if you have one.

In the meantime, I have a proposal:

trade.jpg

Gets rid of the drama that is MPJ and Gary Harris isn't that good. You can get rid of his salary and get a look at how Oladipo can fit into that team that is trying to contend for a championship while also acquiring Tucker, another solid player that could help them out. Probably fantasy on my end, but worth a try.

bj3175, oloboloz and treyk3 like this.
  18. Scarface

Supporting Member

Harris would play well here. He needs more opportunities and there just isn’t many in Denver right now for him. He definitely will not make this team a winner but he will be able to show other teams that he is a good asset and he will be $20million expiring contract next year.

@ElPigto there are no direct quotes but read up on MPJ and the Nuggets and you can read between the lines. Also you have to remember this is a business, in business everything is for sale at the right price. Denver will weigh the pros and cons of a MPJ offer but in the back of their minds will be the fact that they will be $20+ million over the cap line and moving Gary Harris and MPJ for let’s say PJ and HoláDepot and then letting them walk as well as Millsap at the end of the year should free up close to max money for a free agent.

bj3175, RudyTBag and ElPigto like this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Send Harris to Boston for a FRP. Send that pick to Denver, send Portland’s pick to Denver. Then it becomes somewhat realistic I think.

Rockets get MPJ.

Denver gets Oladipo, Tucker, 2FRP

Boston gets Harris.

Denovo, lakersuck2 and ElPigto like this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I dig that as well. That would be a solid package for MPJ. Thank goodness that Boston has that large TPE.

treyk3 likes this.