1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ooooh... I should've clicked. Thought it was about JETS. lol.

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

YOLO!!!

Seriously though...the next 5 years will be very interesting. We are approaching peak stupid.

KingCheetah and STR8Thugg like this.
  3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/businessrev...estors-embrace-both-cryptocurrencies-and-esg/

^good article. Tsla buying btc is the ultimate culmination of the 2 hottest trends the last few months - esg and btc, but given the environmental concerns, can tsla continue to be considered esg? I don't think retail really cares about esg, current esg surge is retail trying to front run institutions that say they will prioritise esg.

It seems obvious to me that if tsla is holding and using btc it shouldn't be considered esg (and included in esg focused funds anymore), but have no idea if market will just close both eyes. When the speaker of the house is making million dollar bets on tsla, the momentum feels unstoppable, and everyone will keep pretending this is fine as long as tsla/btc keep going up.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm cynical and believe over 90% of the population would set kittens on fire if it meant profits/easy money. Tragic, but that's how I feel. lol. We see it with alternative energy plays, we see it with pot stocks, GME, etc. Whatever may start out as the 1% trying to do it for a "good cause" ends up being the retail masses (and some institutional/big money investor types) following profits. I don't know if anybody really thinks of Tesla as being an ESG play as much as they do it being an "Elon Musk" play. I mean, they have rockets blowing up spewing crap all over Texas beaches, so ... :D

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Tsla is the catalyst and can do well without esg label, but I meant to ask a broader qn, can so called esg companies still keep the label if they also own/mine crypto? I'm thinking of the solar companies that have 3x in since September, and all the ev and ev charging SPACs. Even before tsla CLSK was trying to do the double - microgrid energy thingy + bitcoin mining, and went 4x.

6. Beezy

Beezy Member

Wonder how many sell orders there are for SNDL at 4.20.

Fantasma Negro and AWIN like this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. It just went through 4.20, but I was watching the volume there and ... there was a lot. :D

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Haha SNDL hit my sell limit at 4.
    Still in TLRY.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

can't wait to hear to the crying on cnbc. SNDL rev is 97m, income is negative $298m, $7.2bn market cap atm haha. this is much crazier than gme.

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

New one from the GROW, AVNW & PERI author:

Babcock & Wilcox - Turning Around And Repositioning As Provider Of Clean Energy Solutions - Buy With Both Hands
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/44...ositioning-provider-of-clean-energy-solutions

This one is a bit bigger cap tho, may not get the instant pop that GROW and AVNW did. But there is positive PR today too.

11. Fantasma Negro

$sndl halted, why do I even do this anymore?
    [​IMG]
    Edit: we back, sold @ 3.75. Nice ride up from .64

#15091 Fantasma Negro, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    jayhow92 likes this.
  12. adoo

adoo Member

since NVDA hit the "golden cross" in mid-Jan, it has risen ~80 pt. it just hit 602.99, 50 pts from the new PT

[​IMG]

when NVDA hit the "golden cross", i sold a bullish 540/530 PUT spread, collecting $5.55 premium in advance,
    defining my max risk of 4.45

#15092 adoo, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  13. adoo

adoo Member

the flag formation has been aborted, attributable to GM's reporting of chip shortage; trading action has evolved to a double-top.
    this latest bearish pattern could take the stock price down to the 38% retracement / 50 dma level, ~~ 48- 50 range.

exited my credit spreads, still have LEAP diagonals.

[​IMG]

Ziggy, saitou and STR8Thugg like this.
  14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

holding onto 1 more GM call; lost cause.

SDGR breaking out nicely :D

15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

@adoo, btw wrt ford and gm's chip shortages, i decided to sell both and buy more klac ytd. holding asml as well. crypto boom will also be good biz for semis - bitmain fabs at tsmc, and tsmc buys equipment from klac asml.

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Sold half at 3.30 to at least make profit. The other half is in for a wild ride.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

how is this derivative play for the cryto boom

TSMC for the semi,
    PYPL for its ability to enable customers convert crypto $ to fiat currencies ?​

as for SDGR, i just have share a LEAP CALL, selling covered CALL (Jun 145 strike) off them; and will make directional options play as dictated by TA

18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

haven't followed pypl for awhile, but it makes sense i think. of course best exposure is to just buy the btc. the momentum looks unstoppable, but the amount of power required to mine makes a mockery of all this talk of carbon emissions and esg. bitcoin miners are a potentially even higher return play on btc, but my head spins trying to calculate the hashing power and predicting future mining difficulty, even riskier.

19. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Was interested but the consistent downward trend in revenue between 2015-2019, and the past 5 quarters from 2019-2020 made me pass.

saitou likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

saitou likes this.