1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall’s value is increasing more than any other player on our roster. Should we trade him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

If someone is willing to take Wall and give us a pick, do it immediately. I think it is more like we attach a few picks in order to move him. No offense to the man, but his contract is putrid.

#givethekeystotate

mac_got_this likes this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I can see a few teams trading for him but we wouldn't get much in return. These are the only teams who are trying to win that may have a contract or two they can give up to get him.

Clippers if they get desperate have enough contracts to match with Morris Bev and Lou. That would be soo funny cuz it would be full circle from Bev and Lou to CP3 to Westbrook to Wall to Bev and Lou.

Jazz could think about it if Wall outplays Conley.

The Pelicans are intriguing cuz they can throw bledsoe and adams and can take on the salary. Adams just has not fit well with that team.

Dallas has the contracts to match if they think Wall can make them better.

Miami could swing it but they probably rather have Oladipo.

I bet Boston would do it to get out of Kemba. This deal probably makes the most sense since it Saves the Rockets money. Might even get a first out of Boston.

Orlando depending on if they are trying to win or tank may consider it.

Wulaw Horn, Shark44, xaos and 2 others like this.
  3. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Wasn’t CP3 traded for a first to Phoenix?

gmoney411 likes this.
  4. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

This.

5. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Wall is not going anywhere. We will ride his contract out and hope we can maximize his talents to have a credible team everygame. His contract and how the nba game is now relative to his skillset, tough to find takers out there.

PJ and EG are the tradeables. A couple more losses would lead to sending these two to a contender by the deadline.

fattz likes this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I disagree. Wall will only be a prime candidate once he puts up a good, healthy season and not until there's only at most 2 years left on his contract. We should be patient with his contract more than any other right now, it would just cost assets to trade him. If someone wants him right now for an expiring and a bad contract, I'll take that as long as the bad contract can hit a 3.

luckyman76 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  7. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The man put on a good show when he did the 'Dougie' back in 2010. So much so the Wizards decided to sign him to the supermax because they were mesmerized by his dancing skills.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Trade anyone you can except Wood, Tate and maybe Nwaba, if you can get shorter contracts/picks/young players with potential.

Nobody will offer any of that for Wall, though.

riko likes this.
  9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Wall is not tradable unless Stone trades him for Westbrook or Blake Griffin.

If Stone don’t trade Oladipo ASAP, he will lose him for nothing in summer.

current season Oladipo stats
    38.7% FG
    29.7% FG 3pt

if Knicks offer Oladipo $100 million contract, Tilman won’t match it because of Wall contract.

10. bmelo

bmelo Member

I don't think we would get half of equal value he presents on the court, mentorship and leadership. Sure, LeBron would kill for John on the Lakers but what could they send back? Caruso? Same for Clippers. They would kill for playmaker like that to pair with Kawhi and PG. But they aint got nothing left. Young teams on the other hand don't want to touch contract like that. We are better off with him leading right now

11. riko

riko Member

Luka and Wall? Luka is probably the most useless off the ball player in the league. What are you going to do with Wall then? Turn him into a spot up shooter?

Horrible fit.

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think you guys need to blame Daryl Morey and Chris Paul for this Mess.

During 2017 WCF, Chris Paul Pulled his groin. Rockets Overpaid to keep him and Came back overweight and slow.

Chris Paul was never was the same in 2 years until he got traded for Westbrook.

It is Chain Reaction for Chris Paul Overpaid Contract, Broken, Injured Kees, Overweight hot him traded for Russell Westbrook than John Wall.

DCkid likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

He was freezing Wood out in the few games they played together. Where was the lobs at or pick roll/pop with Wood. Wood at the time may have been the best roller in the league. IMO, Wall‘s ego will not let youngsters grow PAST him. How many times can the man say he is the franchise player. He came from dysfunction as the franchise player. I have seen everything needed already. If he was tradeable he would be gone —> yesterday.

#33 fattz, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    riko likes this.
  14. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Dipo is the one looking overpriced..

Looks like boo boo out there..

He’s a good 3rd option.
    But we looking for 1st option right now.
    Wood is solid 2 guy. Wish he can be a number 1 but I don’t think he’s that good.

then again, I’m using to our number 1 guy putting up 60pt triple dubs.

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Wulaw Horn and rockets1995 like this.
  16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Never said it was a good fit. But Dallas has struggled this year so maybe they'd do something different. Walls would drastically help them when Luka rests. How is Luka a useless off ball player. His three is respectable to keep defense honest. The worst off ball player would be our dear friend Westbrook.

17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

no way

Wall is a keeper.
    He is positive for the young players.
    I will only trade him if someone come with a big offer (3 first and a nice young player)

18. hakeemthagreat

Harden had the ball in his hands 99% of the time and numbers were GROSSLY inflated. McGrady was a overall better player

19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This is more in line with reality but this is a 60-65 game player at max. I just don't see any realistic way to dump him now and probably AT BEST at the trade deadline next year unless you could swindle someone this summer and for a couple second round picks we give up. I think it is best for us to dump Dipo to NYK NOW and get the Mavs pick and take the contracts back from Orlando. MAYBE in the offseason I could see Miami being a little desperate about Wall or again NYK if they miss out on Dipo or want both. They will overpay for stars because they cannot get superstars.

Wall has been decent for us but has missed games and without a long run of proving he is healthy is just toxic af on that contract. No one making these trade suggestions is seriously analyzing the difference between Wall and Dipo's contracts. Its night and day. We had to make a parallel trade with Westbrook's contract and didn't do that bad considering how jacked they both were. There is no magic pixie dust being sprinkled onto this thing and that is praying that he doesn't get hurt again.

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure you made a thread out of my signature.