1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In all honesty I’m all for josh McCown these are the type of guys who make excellent head coaches.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Who is this about?

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It’s about Wentz... but I had to click on the tweet and read further to find out.

desihooper and MadMax like this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

got it...thank u!

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I don't think I'd choose Wilson over a boatload of premium draft picks - but if the best deal was coming from, say, Chicago (so, late 1st round picks) - I might.

If you have an elite QB, the distance from non-contender to contender is short. They don't need a "win now" roster; they need an average-ish roster. Seattle isn't exactly loaded with All-Pro up & down its roster.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

#1566 J.R., Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"Russ needs to shut up and just throw the ball and stop meddling into Texan players affairs - thats tampering!!" -- Houston Easterbies fans.

8. Nook

Nook Member

"McCown is a member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.[68] He has served in Pro Athletes Outreach and Coaches Time Out, which are both ministries.[181] He has also spent time speaking to church youth and men's groups during the offseason.[68]"

other tidbits..... Josh McCown is a vocal member of xxxChurch which is a Christian organization working to ban p*rnography

"Next weekend, Gross, along with former NFL quarterback Josh McCown, will be speaking in Austin churches: a Saturday evening men’s program at Austin Ridge Bible Church, 9300 Bee Cave Road, and the 10:30 a.m. Sunday worship service at Promiseland West, which meets in the performing arts center of Westlake High School, 4100 Westbank Drive. McCown has been vocal about his opposition to p*rn and has previously talked about his own struggles with the issue."

Here is McCown discussing how the Bible is the most important thing in his life.

Here is McCown encouraging people to go to church on Super Bowl Sunday.

Now...... I don't really care if McCown is an Evangelical. I point it out because it again shows what the Texans (McNair/Easterby) intend to be their "culture". I personally would begin to feel uncomfortable working for an organization that is so overtly religious (regardless of the religion). It also means that the Texans are being inefficient, only hiring those that are religious Christians. How many qualified people are excluded because of faith?

We shouldn't expect Arian Foster (an atheist) to really play a big part in the Texans going forward.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Faith is fine, but ALL things in moderation and what the Texans are doing is bordering on negligent extremism.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I just don’t agree with this.
    Players play. Coaches coach. GMs manage.
    There is some carryover no doubt, but too much in any direction is not good.
    Just like too much interference from a culture coach is messing up this organization even more than it already is.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

He’s a fellow BearKat. That’s all that matters. Go Josh!

Rudyc281 and Nook like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

It depends.

I have no problem with players having input or expressing their opinions but that does not mean that they make the final decision.

The reality is we are headed to more player involvement in decisions and COVID has only amplified that.

jiggyfly, Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I get that. Still not sure I like it.
    They’re already pampered enough. Handing that type of power to players is a slippery slope imo.
    Qualifications should actually mean something.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Has this guy ever been right about anything ?

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Russ for Watson?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah, in the midst of a conversation where he was stammering. The question asked of him was HOW DOES HE EXCEL.

don't be dense.

If you can't tell the difference between DW's comments on BOB and JJ's, not sure what to tell you.

17. Fantasma Negro

For the posters that are opposed to Christianity here's your head start to put your full support behind another team. The Texans have a clear goal in mind, no need to waste keystrokes complaining about the same thing for what seems like at least the next 7-10 years

Nook likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Who is opposed to Christianity in the USA? Christianity has to be one of the least persecuted groups in the country.

There is a difference between being a Christian and having a work place where the de facto GM is holding prayer sessions in the hallway and firing everyone in sight that isn't an Evangelist.

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Blaming the current status of the Texans on DW4 is a dumb take. End of story. Move on. I’m gonna as well.

20. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Qbs are coming out more to say this because Tom Brady is involved and you see the results.