1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New White House Press Secretary

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 20, 2021.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have paid very little attention to the Press Secretary, heard very little about her in the news and haven't seen an SNL parody of her. She's boring and not worth parodying.

That's a good thing..

Lar, Andre0087, gatsby and 5 others like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Other good things. Seems well-prepared and doesn't have a binder filled with talking points by topic along with lame attacks on members of the press. And calls on the reporters representing the "other side". Last, if she doesn't know... she says so, and says she will get back with an answer.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It still hasn't been 100 days. I'm sure both sides of the podium wants to test each other's limits.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Inappropriate behavior... gets punished quickly and directly. Though the Axios reporter is so fine...

[​IMG]

jiggyfly and Kim like this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Pictures of Palmeri as well.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/02/i-will-destroy-you-biden-aide-threatened-a-politico-reporter-pursuing-a-story-on-his-relationship

Ducklo tried to intimidate Palmeri by phone in an effort to kill the story. “I will destroy you,” Ducklo told her, according to the sources, adding that he would ruin her reputation if she published it.

During the off-the-record call, Ducklo made derogatory and misogynistic comments, accusing Palmeri of only reporting on his relationship—which, due to the ethics questions that factor into the relationship between a journalist and White House official, falls under the purview of her reporting beat—because she was “jealous” that an unidentified man in the past had “wanted to ****” McCammond “and not you.” Ducklo also accused Palmeri of being “jealous” of his relationship with McCammond. (Palmeri had no prior relationship or communication with McCammond before calling her to report on the Playbook item, which was a story that she was assigned and had not independently pursued.)

Ducklo’s alleged response to Politico’s reporting raises serious questions about behavior that is tolerated in the Biden White House. “I am not joking when I say this: If you are ever working with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect, talk down to someone, I promise you I will fire you on the spot. No ifs, ands, or buts,” Biden said during a virtual swearing-in of appointees on his first day in the White House. Playbook highlighted those remarks on January 21 under the heading “Biden Sets Standard for Professional Behavior,” and asked, “Serious question on our minds this morning: Does this standard apply to how mid-level press aides treat reporters?”

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Andre0087 likes this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

First: Alexi McCammond would totally be worth getting fired over.

Second: The White House press circle (inside the govt and the press) strikes me as definitely a fraternal like circle of friends/enemies/frienamies. Alot of them are young and single, and you know they all go drink together, and sleep with each other so it should surprise zero people that there is drama like this.

But I seriously doubt that Ron Klain will put up with that level of distraction. Trump would LOOOVVVEEE this kind of drama as he always has. Biden and Ron Klain will hate it. That's a big difference there. I wouldn't be shocked if the guy here who spoke to Jen Palmeri this way is fired before the weekend.

jiggyfly and Kim like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Another person held to a higher standard than bobo Trump.

Invisible Fan, Xenon and B-Bob like this.
  12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I wonder what he specifically said? Whatever the case, that's not how you kill a story. You're supposed to invite the reporter out to drinks and offer a better story or owe her something in the future. Palmeri is also very attractive, but McCammond is just a gem.

jiggyfly and ElPigto like this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That makes 328.1 million of us held to a much higher standard, true.

Invisible Fan and CometsWin like this.
  14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Does she dump him now that he doesn't have access? If she sticks with him, he's the real winner.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. TheresTheDagger

Wait is this Chris Harrison?

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Let's talk about Trump to deflect.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe they wanted all the facts before bringing down the hammer.

I'm a bit sick and tired of people virtue signalling and hiding behind causes they have no belief or commitment over.

Makes the ax fall down twice as fast.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This would rank like 234,084th on the list of criminal nonsense and f'ed up behavior from the Trump and his crew of Republicans. Hell, threatening a reporter is like a regular Tuesday in the GOP. I mean the GOP had a congressman from Montana, Greg Gianforte, body slam a reporter and then lie about it. Convicted, elected, and praised by Trump for his body slam of course. You've set the benchmark so incredibly low that Biden's crew is going to look like the resurrection of Jesus and his disciples, I mean... dirty Marxist, Commies without jerbs.

#78 CometsWin, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    Kim likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I dont know who that reporter is but the questions were good. The policy needs to be changed ASAP.