1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Look - it's not liked he dragged the Bengals to a title. Tampa Bay had weapons & a good coaching staff. And I think this meant more to Brady than it would've to Belichick, who already has, like, 70 SB rings in his career and is 85 years old.

But by any and every measure, it's unfrickingbelievable he was able to pull this off.

Nook likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Everytime I see this thread on main page I think there's some breaking news on JJ Watt.

#1542 KingCheetah, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What's amazing about Brady is he's still a top 10 qb at his age. That's the amazing part. But I think any top ten qb could carry that TB team to the SB.

Hey Now! likes this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He didn't just vouch for BOB at a press conference. He vouched for BOB over and over and over again.

Meanwhile, once the tables turned with the JJ blowup at him (BOB), he was fired. Hmmm...

This is not complicated. If DW and BOB had a "blow-up" after the Chiefs game, he would have been fired. The end.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

And that’s DW4’s fault? What a dumb take.

6. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Apparently it's DW4's fault.

Rest of the team stayed quiet and didn't blow up either. Heck the poster you're replying to also didn't have an issue with BOB at this stage. He was also happy for BOB to remain on board.

7. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Who ? ;)

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Who indeed, certainly doesn't accurately describe anyone I've seen in any of these threads, but unhinged unintelligent posts like that shouldn't be taken seriously to begin with.

Nothing in the Texans forum should have ANYTHING to do with politics, those that attempt to make things in the Texans forum about politics should be ignored immediately no matter who they are.

I have absolutely no respect for anyone who would attempt to inject politics or some form of bigotry into situations that have nothing to do with either.

#1548 Bobbythegreat, Feb 8, 2021
    Fantasma Negro and Zen Tabak like this.
  9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

He might be top 10; I have no idea. What I do know is that if a dozen+ teams offered their QBs for Brady, Tampa Bay would be equally foolish to accept/reject those offers. I mean, they'd have to say yes to Watson... but would you blame them for saying no?...

He's one of a kind.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. JayZ750

I think you're confused about faults.

The issue with DW is, he can do whatever the f he wants, and use whatever the f leverage he wants.

But the comments are the same.

If he REALLY thought BOB was all that and a bag of chips... then he should be NOWHERE NEAR ANY HIRING PROCESS.

If he didn't, and was just lying, then he's a liar.

The end.

I was never happy for BOB to remain on board. I've been pushing for him to leave for years, and have gotten into more than one back and forth with the likes of a @Hey Now! about it. I commented on letting BOB have the GM role a year back or so since it seemed like he would NEVER be stripped of his coaching duties.

Clearly, he's a worse GM than he was a coach.

But guess what!! Even that comment I made in an effort to at least get better coaching, was made before BOB further gutted the team with the DHOP trade.

DW saw all that and still COMMITTED to a contract extension.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. gucci888

So JJ is a liar correct? The end?

But will ask you again and you can choose to ignore it again if you like, how would you want DW4 or any other player to answer when asked about their HC?

Nook and Sooty like this.
  13. JayZ750

Truthfully.

Or no comment.

If JJ Watt came out as strongly for BOB as DW (or strongly in any way) but was lying about it and didn’t really think that... than he’s a liar. That’s what lying is.

Are there JJ Watt quotes in favor of BOB as strongly as DWs were? From the last year?

14. gucci888

Show me one time where a player blasted his head coach in front of a bunch of cameras or answered no comment when asked about him.

As for JJ, I posted it already. Straight said GM duties is where BoB excelled at last May. So answered truthfully or lied?

Nook likes this.
  15. JayZ750

JJ Watt was asked last May what made BOB a good coach. He stammered and couldnt answer.

that took two seconds of googling.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-bill-obrien-is-a-good-head-coach/ar-BB14GuM6

16. gucci888

#1556 gucci888, Feb 8, 2021
  17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So Russ is frustrated now? Wth is going on with qbs

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

There's an offer that I would actually entertain

BamBam likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I wouldn't. The age gap is too large. They would have to compensate with picks. Also Wilson is a "win now" qb due to his age and stage of career. The Texans don't have a "win now" roster.

20. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member