1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

26.4 million?

WestendMassive likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Geez, that sounds ridiculous. My 5 year old rides her bike for about 2-3 hours a day on weekends, not to mention the scooter riding, playing at playgrounds, or going on walks in the wooded trails in our neighborhood. I can't imagine having to keep her couped up for all but 1 hour.

I wish there was a way for governments to encourage outdoor activity but discourage grouping together with people outside of your family/pod. Because staying active and outside is a good thing in fighting this virus.

3. WestendMassive

I should have mentioned the lockdown is only for 5 days. A single case escaped from hotel quarantine and we shut everything down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/01/world/australia/perth-lockdown.html?smtyp=cur&smid=fb-nytimes

Haymitch and B-Bob like this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

5. WestendMassive

We all feel very fortunate down here, that's for sure.

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My dad just got the vaccine today. Nothing worth reporting so far. My grandpa who had Covid and never showed symptoms (he's like 102 or something crazy) also go the vaccine and feels fine from what I hear.

saitou and malakas like this.
  7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Well I’m pretty much over covid. Going to get a test tomorrow to see if I’m officially negative and then I’ll get back to the gym. I was starting to slowly try to lose weight with some diet changes and covid accelerated that, so that was nice lol. I went from 196 to 189 over the past week. Last night was the first night my appetite fully came back. Still trying to get down to 185.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sir Tom died he was a hundred but I'm still kind of shocked.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It looks like we peaked on (official) cases per day in the first week of January, and are starting to peak on deaths worldwide right now, hopefully, our darkest COVID days are behind worldwide.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You can't force Americans to stay home for 5 days. A massive portion of them will disobey, even if it means killing their friends, families and coworkers.

Im not sure why anyone would ever think this country would be ruled by a dictator.

RedRedemption likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wow, Superbowl was within a hair (literally) of being ruined.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

13. WestendMassive

And just like that our lockdown is over.

Didn't record any more cases after doing about 50,000 tests, while contact tracers have about 400 people isolating and getting tested regularly for another 9 days.

Not sure how this UK variant is highly contagious when in two separate incidents in Brisbane and Perth this month people have gone to high traffic areas like supermarkets while infectious and haven't passed it on to anyone. Just another whinging pom that can't handle an Australian summer lol

rocketsjudoka and malakas like this.
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Looks like we reported over 2.2 million vaccinations today. Not too shabby.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Astrodome likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Found out over the weekend a friend I grew up with dad's in the ICU and on a ventilator. He had been in the hospital for a few weeks now. Initially in just a COVID ward and last weekend it looked like he was getting better to the point that my friend could visit him. She posted on Saturday that he had taken a turn for worse and had been put on a ventilator.

Ziggy likes this.
  17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Pringles likes this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

All the other 3rd world countries are getting the Russia and Chinese knockoffs. How effective are those?

And here in the US how do they test for the new variants? Seems like we are underestimating the new cases of new variants.