1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mr. PJ “Zero Point” Tucker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Feb 6, 2021.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Bro. We didn't give Lakers trouble. Those were no resistance losses to the point they caused your crush Harden to quit on the team. Small ball is cool in small doses not 48min a game for the whole playoff run that's just straight dumb... There is no small ball team that won it all EVER. And don't give me Warriors because they always had brutal center to manage load... wether it was Bogut or Javal or whoever... and their small ball was 2x bigger than last years Rockets starting from Shooting Guard

J.R. likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

LMAO yea I do want to tank, its better for the franchise as a dumbass like you cant see the bigger picture. Im okay with keeping or trading Tucker. If we keep Tucker and pay him, he deserves and he can help us tank and mentor the young guys. But if we trade he gets to contender and away from a garbage human like yourself. Silas system is trash for Tucker. But thanks for not using any context for the situations you trash "good ole boy."

LOL contract contract, "But but but he's under contract" sorry boyo, it was just business and Harden asked out. Sorry bro...it's just business, and Daryl no longer wanted to work for Tillman. "Its just business" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, underpaid you b**** made boy. LMAO contract contract. The **** outta here, if I over perform my contract than I have a right to request more money and be upset if my employer wont oblige. Yea I do, because he put everything on the line for the team and did it consistently. You take care of your employees. That's what loyalty and a good organization does. Yea I dont care about paying him because THIS TEAM IS GOING NOWHERE ANYTIME SOON(unless you tank). Nope, I would actually applaud Tillman for making a loyalty move like this, but he wont because he's trash. And your his little stooge who will defend anything he does.

Imagine being this much of a dumbass to where I have said multiple times that his stats have been bad this season, but that is because of the system. I could care less either way. Its better for us to keep him as it helps with the tank and shows loyalty. But if we trade him for assets thats fine too.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

That wasnt because of small ball. That was becuase of Westbrook being trash and not having a bigger rotation. Wanna know who held the Lakers to their lowest offensive rating in the playoffs....that was us. If you want to run small ball, you have to have the personnel and the depth. We had Westbrook so there was no choice, but we didnt have the depth. Lol dude, we took the route that gave us the best shot with what we had. And you still didnt give me an argument as to how tall ball stopped the Lakers...it didnt do crap. They ran through everyone. Yall obsessed with small ball arent seeing that it isnt the reason we lost. You are just trying to find an easy scapegoat without examining anything in depth.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Westbrook was destructive to offense not defense. Lakers did everything they wanted on their offense, and on the boards. Switching Westbrook for Cp would help of course but you are not getting past AD and LeBron with small ball center for the whole series. If we still had Capela and switched it up with PJ - ok then small ball could kill them. but not for 7 game series 48min a game... there's only that much endurance to handle 2x bigger guys than you on defense. It is way harder to guard bigger players and that wear and tear coms out sooner or later

HP3 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Sure, but what do you think gave the Lakers so many transition opportunities, the offense. The Lakers were in transition because we coudlnt score. Yes it would. If we had not of traded for Westbrook we could have traded Capela for Covington and could have used FRP to get Woods on the team. The plan was never to go full small ball. But we had to to accommodate Westbrook. Yea I know the endurance issue a problem, we needed a deeper rotation and we didnt have one and our guys got gassed by the third game. I dont really think the idea of 48 min small ball is the reason we lost, its just we had Westbrook and a small rotation which pretty much killed us. We never had the personnel to really run it.

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

To be fair I liked Westbrook pre pandemic. But since bubble he is a shell of Russel Westbrook the mvp. We weren't getting nowhere with this version of Russ

FrontRunner and hakeem94 like this.
  7. pass_to_Hakeem

Who plays the 5?

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well, this year doesn’t matter imo because we are trading almost everyone that has an expiring contract
    for draft picks; projects like Kurucs.

I have the Rockets filling the Center role with a platoon system of Olynyk and Frank Kaminsky.thru free agency.

Currently..........................points.............Rebs
    Wood (starter stats):............22.0................10.2
    Cousins (reserve stats):.......6.8....................5.1
    Tucker (starter stats):...........4.9....................4.8

Stats transferred to next season
    Wood (starter stats):...........22.0.................10.2
    Olynyk (starter stats):..........10.3...................6.0
    Kaminsky (reserve stats):.....5.7....................3.8

What I project stats to be next season in Silas system
    Wood (at PF starter):............27.0....................11.0 (more touches as some are removed from team, ex: Dipo)
    Olynyk (starter in Silas sys)..11.0.....................5.0
    Kaminsky (reserve stats):......7.0......................3.5

I also have the Rockets targeting a center in the draft at mid 20’s.
    Charles Bassey. Screener, rolls to basket, shoots 3’s. Big frame.

#68 ApacheWarrior, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Zero Point Module
    [​IMG]

Rocket River

10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

That’s just not true. PJ is a 5 PPG guy :p for 30 mins.

We seriously need to just trade him get something in return for the future.
    He either is not giving 100%, he is just slow or maybe both? He didn’t sign the extension and he isn’t worth 20+ million. I believe that’s what he wants.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

PJ Tucker woke up feeling dangerous.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

PJ is a complementary player. Put him next to a star and he'll bust his ass on defense and knock down the corner three when left open. Expecting him to be more than that is tough. A trade obviously needs to happen.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

PJ disagrees with you, wants that main man money right...

14. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I'm pro-PJ but dude has made one of his last 15 shots

AroundTheWorld and gfab-babyboi like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Defensively there's a case to be made for him as one of the top 10 PF's in the league.....but when you factor in offense, there's a case to be made for PJ Tucker being one of the worst players in the entire league overall......and we have him starting, and playing heavy minutes. Yikes.

BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  16. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Are you the GM for the kings? They’ve been tanking my entire life, so they’ll probably be good soon right?

17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

time to sell.

18. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Sell low unfortunately

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Unless they really are trying to tank. Starting PJ Tucker and playing him big minutes is a great way to lose games. Add in some Victor Oladipo playing PG, and that's the roadmap for being a bottom 4 team.

AroundTheWorld and BigShasta like this.
  20. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tucker kills so many lineups - teams don’t guard him no more... and his release so slow they been closing out and he can’t do nothing.

It’s why the paint has been clogged so bad lately even with us playing 5 out

AroundTheWorld likes this.