1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Palm Springs 8/10.
    Enjoyable Andy Samberg rom com in the vein of Groundhog Day, Edge of Tomorrow, Russian Doll, etc.
    On Hulu.

Buck Turgidson, B-Bob and daywalker02 like this.
  2. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Little Things.

It had a Se7en mixed with True Detective feel. Good story and acting (even from Leto).

I'd still give it a 7 or even 8 out of 10 despite the ending.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I missed that post. We saw The Dig last night and it is astonishingly well done. Ralph Fiennes and Cary Mulligan are terrific, as is the boy who plays Mrs. Pretty's son. I'll be surprised if he doesn't have a long acting career in his future. He seems to be a natural. Agree about the Malick vibe. The director, Simon Stone, is only 36, with this his second film. He's done most of his work in theatre. A fellow to keep an eye on, in my opinion.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I saw The Dig tonight on Netflix. 9 out 10, easily the best film since the pandemic. Quiet, well written, great performances by the entire cast.

5. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

I'm a "Big" Tom Hanks fan but News of the World was a slow and disappointing movie. It had a couple of good scenes and the cinematography was nice but I would give it a 6/10. Plot was too predictable and especially the ending.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Finally watched Dr. Sleep. I liked the overall concept and story, but the ending was a little bit cheesy. Had some great Easter eggs and references to The Shining. I did NOT like the baseball boy scene. That was a little much for me, they could have left it out and still accomplished their goal. But overall 7/10.

Buck Turgidson and FrontRunner like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

After losing his parents, a priest travels to China, where he inherits a mysterious ability that allows him to turn into a dinosaur. At first horrified by this new power, a hooker convinces him to use it to fight crime. And ninjas.

jiggyfly, B-Bob and FrontRunner like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

Saw Radium Girls last night on Netflix - 7 out of 10. Another true story, about a group of women in the 20's that work in a watch face factory where they are in contact with radioactive material. Stars Joey King who gives a performance that is a bit uneven, but Abby Quinn, playing her sister Josephine quietly steals the movie.

B-Bob and daywalker02 like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I watched "The Lie" starring Joey King on Amazon Prime. The ending was so preposterous that the film should have never been made imo. I guess it was kind of funny.

4 out of 10

I also watched a new film on Prime called "Bliss". It starred Owen Wilson and Selma Hayek. It was okay but wasn't very original imo. 6 out of 10

#8990 Surfguy, Feb 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I saw The Radium Girls at Lilith Fest in 99... 7.6/ 10

B-Bob likes this.
  12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Having read the book that scene shook me quite a bit. Hopefully they toned it down for the movie but perhaps not. Having read basically every Stephen King book a common theme is severe and graphic violence to children. (It, Pet Semetary, etc.)

On topic watched Dark Phoenix - 2/10 amazing how indifferent I am to the characters versus the MCU.

13. NewRoxFan

Saw two last night...

My younger daughter is a big fan of Joey King, so on her recommendation, The Lie (Amazon Prime), 8 of 10. As a parent, this one was really hard to watch. Great cast (King, and two of my favorites: Peter Sarsgaard and Mireille Enos as her parents). I won't go into any more details. Won't even post the trailer.

The second seemed to break a string of very good movies. The Rhythm Section (Amazon Prime, 4 of 10, with Blake Lively and Jude Law and Sterling K. Brown (This is Us) in a supporting role. What a mess. It must have been a "gee, lets miscast people so they can show off their acting skills". There is no way either star is believable, no matter how much dirt or fake bruises they pain on. Wasted two hours on the hope that somehow Blake Lively would appear on screen. Nope.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

An American Pickle

-737281883/10

Might be the worst movie I’ve ever seen.

TWS1986 likes this.
  15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Irresistable - 7/10

Jon Stewart needs to run for President already.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"The Rhythm Section" wasn't great but wasn't as bad as "The Lie". You are going against the flow on "The Lie". 33% audience review on Rotten Tomatoes. It was mediocre to bad. But, we're each entitled to our own opinions. I can't trust your review process after this. Sorry.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I could never get into those movies.

18. Buck Turgidson

Watched that this morning. Kinda corny and a bit patronizing in parts, but some genuinely funny scenes and Stewart's passion for the issue definitely came through. Noticed it didn't get great reviews but I'm with you, worth a watch if you have any interest in American politics.

donkeypunch likes this.
  19. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

The Dig - very enjoyable, nice change of pace. I give it a 7.75/10. These type of movies risk being too slow but they did a great job of keeping it moving along. Probably could have been 20 minutes shorter, but at least they kept it under 2 hours.

Hot Fuzz - also fun to watch (a couple of rounds of bourbon helped). 7.5/10. Reminded me a bit of lethal weapon in the funny cop but still a story genre.

20. NewRoxFan

[​IMG]

Surfguy likes this.