1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does The NBA Control Outcome of Every Game? Refs Prime Example.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Velcromium, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

Tired of REFS controlling games!

Fu**ing add a forth ref, if they cant do the job with 3!

You can't have these lopsided favored calls that are ruining this wonderful game. They can't play defense, because the ref has to protect every damn NBA star. But holds back when it happens on the other side, seriously?

Am I bias because I am a Rocket fan? Hell no, because you see that sh*t on every Laker game!

"I know I’ll probably get fined for it, but the refs, they’re just unbelievable. We’re a team with guys that drive to the basket a lot, and we always get excuses on why we don’t get the same calls the other guys get.

Guys drive, [and] every time we bump them or swipe down, they get every call. I feel like we have guys that drive to the basket enough between me, Vic [Oladipo], EG [Eric Gordon], that drive and don’t get those same calls. It’s kind of frustrating, but because we’re missing easy shots that we normally get, and some guys are getting calls that they probably shouldn’t get." - John Wall

Sandi, DeBeards, corrado and 17 others like this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

T R U T H
    R
    U
    T
    H

DeBeards, chadyang and Velcromium like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not every game, because that would be exhausting.

Maybe the most important ones.

If you have a former 'bad boy' like Cousins, or someone who lives off body contact like Harden, the team is an easy target.

4. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

Lmao!

5. ipaman

Did yall see this **** last night. Awful...

DeBeards, bro2044, BMoney and 8 others like this.
  6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I knew the nba was for sure rigged ever since that game 7 we lost to the Warriors. Yeah we missed 27 threes but it should have never came to that point. It was so blatant even the commentators were confused.

but yeah that was the defining moment for me.

Ever since then I am less invested in the nba. I still root for the Rockets and they’ll always have a special place in my heart but they’ll always be fighting a losing battle until the powers that be decide that it’s their time for the limelight.

7. ipaman

harden made 1 that was waived off during that 0-27 run so it wouldn't have been a thing. there were several more of those blatant 3pt fouls that either weren't called or called on the floor. that 0-27 is real until you realize it's not.

DeBeards, AXG, Handles and 13 others like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

funny thing is now that worriers are no longer one of silver's featured teams, the obvious out-of-bounds no-call goes against them :D

pugsly8422, bro2044, DonKnock and 5 others like this.
  9. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Yes. The NBA decided they couldn't possibly have the 11-10 Houston Rockets beat the 12-10 San Antonio Spurs in a game absolutely nobody was watching outside of the two home markets. So they are involved in a massive corruption scandal that if found out would ruin their multi-billion dollar corporation and bring down the entire league.

Duke Fan, Will, chadyang and 8 others like this.
  10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Tate is badly officiated. He gets called for small bumps but cant buy a call on offense.

I saw about 5 "and ones" that could've been whistled last night.

DeBeards, DonKnock, chadyang and 4 others like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

game 7 against GS was by far the worst...they straight up just took away 10 potential points from Harden...2 blatant 3 point fouls that even had Reggie and Webber like “wtf?” as well as waiving off a 4 point play...Webber knew what was up after experiencing the same thing in the 2002 WCF

Rockets lose, and Harden finishes with 32 on 12-29 shooting

they took away all momentum...IIRC, 1 of those non-calls on a Harden three led directly to a Klay 3 on the other end

we very well could’ve had a Rockets win with Harden dropping 40+ in a game 7, and we would’ve destroyed the Cavs

When will we get another opportunity like that? Probably 10+ years from now. Maybe 20 years from now. It hurts

DeBeards, htownrox1, topfive and 15 others like this.
  12. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

Wow, you sound so close minded bruh, who mentioned this ONE game you are referring to? I am referring to all the games simpleton.

13. JW86

JW86 Member

Durant out of bounds vs. us, 2018 Rockets Warriors game 7 AND game 6, 2002 Kings Lakers and a lot of Warriors games during their run were just too obvious.

Not every single game, but a lot of them are officiated with a certain bias that gives credence to referees: betting on games, wanting to create a close enough game to make it exciting and or forcing certain teams to advance and match up / win.

Basically the media creates a favourite that consequently referees lean towards officiating them favourably.

DonKnock, jdjd, chadyang and 4 others like this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

DonKnock, Plowman, chadyang and 3 others like this.
  15. bmelo

bmelo Member

Houston Rockets O.G. John Wall fined for his bubble gum budget

16. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Yes, all games. Which includes this one.

17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Rockets don't wait for anything, we take it. Those championships we won weren't handed to us.

Rocket River likes this.
  18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

4 sides of the court, 4 refs makes total sense. Seems like the only reason they won't do it is because it means they know they have made mistakes. Them admitting they are wrong? Ha! phat chance of that happening. Owners and players should demand this at the CBA.

19. HardenVolumeOne

They did it last night in the nets/sixers game. Harden made some unflattering comments about the NBA and the following game the refs absolutely let him get mauled on drives with no whistles

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  20. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

You do know people can make money gambling even in high school games, right?

Not that it is the case, but dismissing the ideia of games not being rigged because it is a minor game is simply naive.

#20 hajkov, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021