1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jones and BMac post cryptic messages after Memphis game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Feb 5, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You can't complain about PT when you're a rookie and the team is like 7-1 over the last 8 games. You just can't do it.

As for Bmac he probably knows a trade is coming. He knows what's up.

AXG, Nelly, ak99999 and 4 others like this.
  2. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dipo and Gordon are black holes ... which is why our offense dies if they are not hot.

luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Cat damn that's alot of years left.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I trust Gordon a lot more than Oladipo at this point. With Gordon, there is a basic sense of the 3-4 moves he will make. Make or miss, you know what you’re going to get. Oladipo seems to throw up whatever wild-ass shot he feels like taking at any given time, whether he is shooting 6-7 or 6-24.

He is like Vernon Maxwell without the size, strength, and intensity (and Twitter game). That said, I would be surprised if Oladipo ever runs into the stands to punch a fan.

#44 Patience, Feb 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  5. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Nah, it definitely existed. Both of them quickly deleted the tweets for some reason. Rob Kimbell managed to catch it.

Which makes it 10x more interesting.

6. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Why do you think that? For his production, I think $20M / year is more than fair for what you get:
    • an experienced player willing to come off the bench that won't demand touches
    • a consistent deep threat that can also finish at the rim
    • someone that can blow up for 35 points on a given night
    • a better than average man-to-man defender who you can trust to take spells on the opponent's best guards (as he's done in the playoffs against the likes of Donovan Mitchell)
    The main knocks on Gordon are his durability and the fact that his contract takes him through his age 34 season (a point at which you'd expect a player like him to decline considerably). But for a team in "win-now" mode who feels they need one more versatile perimeter scoring threat to get over the hump this season, I don't see how Gordon wouldn't be an enticing option.

Look at a team like the Celtics. They're expected to compete in the playoffs this year, they've struggled with fitness issues, and they don't really have a go-to guy in the second unit. I could see a team like that being in for Gordon near the deadline and willing to exchange young players and future assets for the immediate impact that he would have.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

EGo is doing just fine running that 2nd unit.

Its Dipo who has trouble running ANY unit by himself.

8. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Gordon is playing great, his game is not glitzy like faster smaller guards but he can punish a defense and create gravity. I think he is worth something even with his contract. He shows up in the playoffs when he is healthy and other teams are probably more aware of this than Rocket fans to be honest. Right now he looks healthy, lets pray he stays that way.

burlesk, Sonicbun8, Deckard and 5 others like this.
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

Gordon's unit would just be G G G G G-Unit.

(•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

jch1911 and napalm06 like this.
  10. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

His contract is non-guaranteed starting 2023.

jiggyfly and D-rock like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Give the cliff notes please.

BHannes2BHonest and Plowman like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

You probably dont want to hear my cliff notes.

13. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He would run into stands and sing to them lol

yeah Dipo is trying to hard, if he would settle down to about 12-16 shots a game, and looking to pass when driving (lobs) I would be happy but he won’t be here long if rumors are correct

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Woah!

The biggest thing I took away was his comments on Wood and going to treatments.

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Would be ecstatic about trading for Lonzo Ball and Jaxson Hayes tbh. I think if New Orleans wants to fix their situation, they could trade them to us for like BMac and Gordon. I mentioned this in the random trade thread, but I think since BMac is relevant here, I'd bring it up again here too.

True Rocket likes this.
  16. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Gordon being traded back to NOLA would be hilarious lmao. They’d probably still boo him too.

hakeem94 and jiggyfly like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep, if true then he really threw Wood under the bus. Talk about chemistry and camaraderie.

Also told Mase to stop looking for his shot. Set the table for teammates if you want PT.

Jones has become a timid shooter for some reason.

18. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Stop looking for his shot? That’s interesting, because I’ve seen every Rockets fan complain about Mase being too passive.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Wall is just telling a young player to be careful with his injury and take the treatment seriously. John Wall, of all people, should know. I don't think this is throwing Wood under the bus.

And he didn't exactly tell Mase "to stop looking for his shot." He said he needs to improve his defense and look to get others involved if he wants more PT. I think you are oversimplifying what Wall said.

I was impressed with the maturity of Wall's interview. Seems like he is a strong but direct leader. I hope this doesn't rub some guys the wrong way, but it seems like it could be a good thing for the younger players on the team. As long as Wall's play on the court lives up to his leadership, I think it could be effective. Seems the other vets on the team, like Gordon, Tucker, and Oladipo are not vocal leaders, so it might be a good thing for the team that Wall has taken up that role.

jch1911, BHannes2BHonest, AXG and 3 others like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Seriously, think if this were your injury and your co-worker came out and exposed your lack of something?

That isnt Wall's responsibility to be outing his teammates.

If anything that is Silas job to discuss other players injuries and rehab.

Silas always pivots away from discussing injuries and treatment, perhaps for good reason.

And if Wood was not rehabbing why was he cleared to return to play? Wall just exposed some serious liability on the Rockets medical team intentional or not.

This is not a good example of leadership imo.

harold bingo likes this.