1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood's injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket_ph, Feb 4, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

What will be your spin when Wall does lose a game, because most rational people know he will.

Just ignore what's going on the side like children in cages, excusing white supremacists, endorsing fake cures, downplaying pandemic, lying to the people about stolen elections and inciting a coup because we are taxed less or receive a larger tax return?

2. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

Lets being optimistic...no major injury, Wood recovers fully and will be miss 2-4 Weeks.
    nothing to jump off the cliff.

DaDakota, roslolian and D-rock like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

Bmelo is a fool with a long history of stupid posts. Don’t even bother with him

D-rock likes this.
  4. riko

riko Member

C Wood get well soon big fella

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

that escalated quickly lol

Btw i ensure you Silas and Wall know more about basketball than you if Wood is not sun of our offense theres reason to it. Maybe him being fragile has something to do with it

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  6. foggy94

foggy94 Member

If he's out for a month that's 15 games and then the all-star break for an extra week or so of recovery. Out of those 15 teams 10 are currently under .500. Of the 5 above that's the Grizzlies (9-8), Spurs (12-10), Pacers (12-10) and then Brooklyn and Philly. We're in the middle of a very easy schedule, so I don't think you should dust of the tanks just yet. Although a banana peel is that we have 3 B2Bs, presumably without John Wall.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

2 things

Because of how hes built and the moves he does I am seriously worried about future injuries...seems inevitable

Two, thankfully hes not that heavy so hes not putting a lot of pressure on his joints/bones

bmelo likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Truth will Set you Free!

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I don't understand why you are so upset with the offense? We've won 7 of 8 games with fluid, unselfish basketball. But you would rather see CWood try for 40 every night because to you we would be playing better than winning 7 of 8 and setting team offensive records?

I know you like his efficiency metrics, but like I said before, those numbers are so good because he is getting quality shots within the offense.

You have this idea that if Wood led the team in attempts by a large margin the offense would be better, I'm not so sure, and either is SIlas.

When you watch the games and see Cwood with his hands out not getting the ball from Wall, you get frustrated, but I'm not sure why you are assuming some rift between them? Wall is clearly a strong leader and its his team.

I'm just gonna leave the Wall injury/gang sign strawmen alone.

#89 T for 3, Feb 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  10. bmelo

bmelo Member

He has exactly my body type (explosive thin pogo stick) and if he don't bulk up his legs/core he is a severe ligament tear waiting to happen. And bulking up is just part of the process, you still have to do work on landing patterns, sprint movements etc... And even then he will be more prone to injuries in game like basketball compared to 'tank' type like Harden. It's all good when you are young and ignore ****, body regenerates and its all good but after serious injury when you have to rehab you just wish would've taken care of your body seriously. And it never feels the same later on. I hope Wall puts it in Christians head before he hurts himself..

Amel likes this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Excuse me while I sit here and just try to figure out what your point is, since it has nothing to do with my comment.

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you truly believe that an offense ranked 23rd out of 30 teams has nowhere to improve?

Seriously?

I guess we have nothing left to discuss then.

"NBA Team Rankings - 2021 Offensive Rankings" https://www.lineups.com/nba/team-rankings

#92 D-rock, Feb 5, 2021
    Hesitation likes this.
  13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Harden is a complete tank and he stepped on someone’s foot early this season too and had to miss time. It happens.

Patience and D-rock like this.
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Of course it can improve, but not with Cwood taking 30 shots and running the offense.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think a lot of people here don’t care about winning games (many have been explicit about wanting the team to tank, in fact). They want a superstar on the team again, and they think Christian Wood should be groomed to be that guy, as much of a long shot as it might be.

I’d favor trying to retain the offensive balance we’ve had rather than force feed a huge offensive load onto Wood. If he continues to excel offensively, his teammates will start looking for him more and more. Let this dynamic evolve naturally.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'd settle for as many shots that Dipo takes - 22 on average.

And running the offense THROUGH Wood is not the same as Wood running the offense.

Context matters.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

It’s okay, Cousins can hold the fort for a little while while Wood recovers. Cousins was playing some All-Star level basketball in the starting lineup a week ago, not to mention all W’s.

Take your time and get well soon Wood.

18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. In fact, @D-rock this is my reply.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are FOS on this durv.

Are you saying the Rockets should ignore the advanced stats identifying our most efficient offensive player in lieu of the players figuring it out themselves?

:rolleyes:

And I call Bullshet on your blanket generalization. I am not and never have been on the tank bandwagon.

But you go ahead and push those false conclusions and then try to shoehorn nonsense explanations to support it.

#99 D-rock, Feb 5, 2021
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sure, you are both idiots then.

Remind me not to hire either of you, problem solvers you aren't.