1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood's injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket_ph, Feb 4, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL - is this a real story????

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Most players with his features tend to have durability issues.

DeBeards, saleem and DreamShook like this.
  4. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

Kobe went to germany... a famous doctor who also helped the pope

RockFanFirst, Jontro and saleem like this.
  5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Wood is showing promise for sure...but as of right now it is definitely Wall's show to run. I agree they needed to do a better job of finding Wood in the flow of the offense, I don't agree that Wall wouldn't give him the ball because he doesn't like him. He needs more touches though.

Wood has an attitude there is no doubt, and I like the bravado he has, but I'm sure guys who have a lot of stripes kind of roll their eyes sometimes like "what has he really done in the league?"

I'm not saying he won't, and I want him to be the franchise guy, but he has a lot of work to do before that.

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

And he is ****ing right!

This young dude got the mamba mentality all wrong. Wall after Achilles knows how much actual work you need to put in treatment to be ready to play and I am sure he told Wood to rest on that ankle behind closed doors. Wood was too concerned with his Allstar campaign and guess what now he will be lucky to regain form come playoff time and without him team can struggle to make it. Im more pissed at Christian than sorry he was giving vibes of ignoring his rolled ankle since beggining and I doubt they don't have pro physics that wouldn't tell him it's a bad idea. Wall just confirmed it

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Yeah, I highly doubt Wall would say something like that if that wasn't something they had discussed...I feel bad for Wood though, the kid has been playing great, hopefully he avoids anything serious.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

So a gimpy Wood was being iced out by Wall and Dipo for his own health is the story now?

This same gimpy guy who went nuclear whenever he touched the ball.

The same Wood who's offensive efficiency and TS% broke analytics after his return AND improved his defensive rating.

He did all THIS on one good leg and you are trying to spin it like he was hurting the team????

So Wood is selfish for calling himself an All Star and Wall is a LEADER for calling himself Rockets franchise player.

I see you Marjorie Taylor Greene.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. bmelo

bmelo Member

who was iced out? WOOD? you expect him to go dribble dribble dribble Harden like? They pass to him when he is in position to do something good they try to win games and not spam Wood numbers

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  10. corrado

corrado Member

Wall got 40+ mil $/year contract, he is our franchise player at the moment weather you like it or not. And considering his history of playing hurt and almost ruining his career because of it he is a perfect guy to call out Wood.

Where Wood's bravado hurts team is if he is now out for possibly quite long instead of taking it slow the first time. And that would suck as he looked as a legit star. BTW I do not think Wall was icing him on offense, they are just learning to play together.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ankles get sprained ALL the time, at every level.

And no professional athlete is 100% in the middle of the season anyway.

Where were all of you when PJ was playing with nerve injury in his arm???

Where were you when EGo was playing poorly after his leg injury last year?

Where were you when Harden was playing on a bad ankle THIS season??????

Oh yeah, YOU were all attacking these players for not playing well or playing too lazy or being done and should be traded.

You guys are all frickin hypocrites and cant even keep your narratives straight.

Just admit, you guys just like Wall better than Harden or Wood or X player so you'll believe and push anything that comes out of their mouth as gospel and playing mental gymnastics to try and explain away all the contradictory evidence.

And just because you have the largest salary, does NOT make you the franchise player.

Just because CP3 AND Russ were paid the highest on the Rockets DID NOT make them the franchise player over Harden.

Same with Wood. Wood is the player this franchise is building around, not Wall.

#71 D-rock, Feb 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

You really are an idiot.

The best player on the team should get the most touches on offense, especially if he is the most efficient offensive starter.

Just like Wall was preaching to Mase, set the table for the team FIRST. Wall rather iso for his own points or play 2 man games with more inefficient players like Dipo + Boogie.

When Dipo-Wall play a 2 man game and Wood does not get more than 7 shots for the entire game, that is the definition of being iced out.

Wood needs to be the fulcrum of this offense. But that has not been the case since Harden has left. When Wall averages less than half the assists (2.4) to Wood that the lazy injured checked out Harden did (5.8) then the offense is broken.

Which is why the offense is the 20th ranked in the NBA.

Please learn the game, discussing basketball with you is a criminal waste of time.

But what should I expect from a Melo stan.

#72 D-rock, Feb 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    Sonicbun8 likes this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This isn't entirely true.

There has been numerous times where Wood is wide open on the perimeter, and Wall chooses to instead take on more than one defender and not even look in Wood's direction.

Not to mention the amount of times he puts his hand up in the post when he has a smaller player on him, and we once again are living through the Yao years where not a single player on the roster can make an entry pass. Instead the ball generally has to wait for Wood to lose his positioning and move within a foot of the 3 point line before someone hands him the ball.

Rocket River and D-rock like this.
  14. corrado

corrado Member

I like Wall, but I liked Harden better. Anyway this is all besides point. Harden is a freak like Lebron. I never liked when he played hurt, but he has proven he can do it and not jeopardize his health long term. Tuck is built like a tank too and like EGO he is a veteran. You need to trust that they know their body and limits by now.

On the other hand it's CWoods first rodeo as a guy expected to carry a team. In order for Rockets to build around him he needs to take his health/rehab seriously and Wall was implying he didn't. Let's hope he learned his lesson and this injury is not as bad as some think.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

What does Wall know about Wood's rehab?

What kind of leader throws his "I love these guys" under the bus publicly, if even true??

Even Silas was clueless about Wood's condition or are you suggesting Silas was incompetent for letting a player play too early without finishing his rehab properly?

And making excuses for this player or that is dishonest.

Fair is fair.

Either ALL players playing hurt are full of "bravado" and "selfish" or they are what we used to call them before this Trumpist BS.

"gutsy" and "tough" and "taking one for the team".

16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I think it’s more conspiracy theor-ish to push a narrative about wall Icing a guy averaging 22-10 than to think that maybe there is something to the idea that a guy with past attitude problems actually didn’t take his rehab as seriously as he should have.

durvasa and clutchdabear like this.
  17. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I mean screw the Blazers but those Greg Oden / Brandon Roy injuries were pretty unlucky

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Should I hold Wall's past against him too then?

Are flashing gang signs to blame for Wall playing too many minutes and his leg swole up so he couldn't play for 4 games???

Of course not.

If you actually watched the games carefully you know that Wood was not getting the max touches befitting a player with his efficiency and productivity, some games for almost an entire quarter.

Even you would call out Dipo iso'ing too much in game threads.

When Wood gets the 3rd most or even fewer shots something is wrong with this offense. Or the system. Or the leadership.

The evidence is not just eye test, this is all trackable.

And if Wall was not properly rehabbed then the fault lies with Silas and Rockets medical for actually clearing him to play.

Or is that conspiracy theor-ish too?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

the doctor Barry Bonds, John Cena and Brian Cushing see.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

Rockets are 6-0 when Wall plays after Harden trade. I think he knows what he is doing