1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we a contender?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

It’s u who can’t read. This is getting comical.

me: lol at u thinking Tate and House could be on the level of Prince

u: Tell me where I said they could be better?

U do know that “on the level of” and “on par” are the same thing right? Or maybe u don’t? U can’t even keep up with your own posts but are telling others they can’t read...

lmao

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

None of that is close to real.

Especially Tate/House to Prince.

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

WRONG.... House would absolutely DESTROY Prince in a freestyle battle and its not even close.

The only thing Rockets have in common with that Pistons team is both play with 5 players in the game at all times.

4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

We are not a contender as is, and it would take major trades to become one. That said, this is a fun team to watch, and as someone who is/was a die hard fan of Morey, it is now apparent that maybe his value is not as high as many of us believe it to be. He is brilliant, and he may win in Philly with a team his protégé played a part in building, but he does not have the advantage he once had in the league. As others have mentioned, most clubs have stepped up the analytics game, and have hired intelligent people. I think there is an art and a science to being a GM, Morey had the science part down, but not the art.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wacthing philly portland game right now , if filly is a contender then we are doubly so

6. Landry's Tooth

So the only thing you could cite to refute me was me paraphrasing myself?

At least you admitted i was conveying the same meaning with different words...

7. Landry's Tooth

And have really good defense it seems... with likely 1 allstar only...

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

u still can’t even keep up with what u post

u posted this...

“When i say tate/house COULD be on par with Prince you seem to believe those words mean are better....”

How do I seem to believe those words mean “are better” when I posted that you’re delusional for thinking they could be on the level of Prince, aka “on par” with him?

u have serious comprehension issues and can’t even keep track of whatever delusional thing you’ve posted...this is getting sad now, read what u post more carefully...

kool aid drinkers thinking the likes of Tate and House could get to the level of a Tayshaun Prince...lmao

9. Landry's Tooth

Hmm... it's as if you don't know the meaning of the word might...

Tayshaun was a nice player. They won their championship before he ever made an all defensive team which he did 4 times after that though none of them first team...

He was just a guy on offense... Tate shows some flashes... House is probably better offensively than Prince at this point but i haven't looked at the numbers to know for sure...

Honestly you guys are just looking for a reason to attack people and I'm not sure why your life is so bad you need that...

10. Landry's Tooth

Explain why you're throwing such a fit if you don't believe Prince is way better than tate/house?

You seem to be very inconsistent... almost contradicting yourself...

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wtf? How are u getting that I don’t believe Prince is way better than Tate/House?? Your comprehension is so poor I honestly hope you’re just trolling at this point. Don’t ever talk about somebody else not knowing how to read because this is getting laughable.

let me make it clear: thinking Tate or House could ever reach the level of a Prince is delusional AF...don’t disrespect Tayshaun like that

if this Rockets team reminds u of the Larry Brown Pistons in any way, then LOL...a 6 game win streak against scrub teams has the delusion levels at an all time high

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry wrong year. Was just pointing out they had more than one all star. 2006.

13. Landry's Tooth

Is there a reason why you are here?

You seem more interested in attacking people than discussing basketball...

Don't think i haven't noticed you make no supporting case for your opinion...

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Im not sold on philly because of ben simmons. they have a chance if joel is going to remain this dominant, but i just dont see how you can win a title with simmons as your second best player. I feel like they will get exposed in the postseason once teams really gameplan against embiid and force simmons to beat them. I have to see him being much more aggressive for me to believe they can beat an elite team 4 out of 7.

15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

He was a JOF, now he a ignorant aggravation. Sir Post alotz. lol

16. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

So are we a contender again tonight? Asking for a friend

VanityHalfBlack and DLT like this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Championship favorite!

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Of course we are a contender. We are always contending for something.

A champsionship, a playoff appearance or a lottery pick

19. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Rasheed>>>>>Wood

20. Landry's Tooth

I'll be honest, i don't see a reason to continue this with you any further. You're only making attacks on me and not wanting to focus on basketball. It's a choice to be bigoted as it is a choice for me to ignore you...