1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

This should be Rockets mantra on trades too.

Defense first.

So no more requests for Kevin Love please.

But it sounds like Celts are describing our players.

Rudyc281 and CVcrew like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets have a customer satisfaction guarantee on RoCo.

Return him if unsatisfied.

Handling fee of one unprotected FRP of course.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm greedy, I want Thybulle too.

He fits our timeline and new defensive identity. Thybulle was also lights out from corner 3.

Silas may want to re-emphasize that particular set sometime soon.

ROCK3TM4N, DCHAMP and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Explain why Morey would be willing to swap a younger Thybulle still on a rookie deal for a 36 year old PJ Tucker who is looking to be extended??

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Championship chase and vet cache.

Plus PJ is a proven starter and glue guy that can defend 1-5.

Thybulle is barely in Doc's rotation and defends 1-3.

And finally, precedent. Morey did this all the time with Rockets, always looking for proven vets to put team over the top.

Developing players was secondary to Morey. And Morey already has a cadre of young players on 6ers roster:

Shake, Korkmaz, Maxey, Joe, Reed, etc.

ROCK3TM4N, Rudyc281 and jch1911 like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Which player do you believe Morey would prefer between Reddick and Tucker?

Thybulle is being targeted for a reason, his mins are down from last season and is not hitting 3ball as well either.

"The Pelicans should target Matisse Thybulle in J.J. Redick trade" https://pelicandebrief.com/2021/02/03/pelicans-thybulle-j-j-redick-trade/amp/2/

7. sydmill

sydmill Member

Ok random trade thread, weigh in on this thought:

The Heat are going through an awful start to the season. A few months after a surprise finals appearance and in Jimmy Butler & Goran Dragic's age 30+ season (31 & 34 respectively) Miami has to be feeling, well, the heat. This is before even mentioning that they are about to need to give substantial pay increases to Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson to keep them around. It has been rumored that they had their sights set on Bradley Beal but a) he is maintaining publicly that he will stay in Washington and b) the 76ers and Pels can both make better offers than Miami can. All of this makes me wonder if Pat Riley is not seeing Oladipo as his best chance to shake up the roster and get back to finals this season while they still have the ability to make such a run. I think the question now is how desperate, not is he desperate, to get Dipo to South Beach. So, is this realistic:

https://tradenba.com/trades/lRTGHQKWh

Such a deal gives the Rockets potential long term starters at the 2 and 4 to team up with Wood and co for the next few years and an additional draft pick to play with for taking on Gary Harris' salary. Does this seem like a realistic deal for each team?

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Definitely good points that you make. I think obviously in that hypothetical, Morey would prefer Tucker over JJ. He has the task of having to build a roster that can take down Brooklyn, and having one-dimensional offensive guys doesn't really help him since nobody will be able to outscore the Nets in a shoot-out. However, I don't think he's going to dangle a guy like Thybulle in a one-for-one swap for PJ since Matisse holds value well beyond this season. Even if his numbers are down overall, he's young enough to where you still want to stash him for the future. It's not to say Stone shouldn't ask, or that it won't happen....I'm just saying I think it will take some real convincing to get Morey to part with Thybulle.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I like it, but MIA doesn't have a 1st rounder is that from DEN?

10. sydmill

sydmill Member

Yes, from is from denver. They save a little money getting out of Harris's deal and add some defense and shooting. All for the cost of their first rounder. Currently pick #24.

Shark44 likes this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Tough to say. We need playmaking and we need size. I wish we could Oladipo-Tucker-[probably picks] for Simmons, because we have a few defensive scrappers for our 2 spot, but I'm dreaming.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

I love that deal for us. But I don’t think Miami includes Precious. Herro alone is a huge get. Take out Precious, and I think it’s evenly fair for each team.

13. spankz141

spankz141 Member

GSW In: Oladipo and Tucker, Mil 22' 1st
    Hou In: Wiggins and 2021 MIN 1st

Salary dump for GSW and they improve with veterans to compete this year. I believe they will get bird rights to resign both players?

Houston gets a really nice pick in a good draft and another young pieces.

14. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

What about
    Aaron Nesmith and a FRP for Eric Gordon and Portlands 1st rounder thats heavily protected?

P.J. Tucker and Detroit heavily protected FRP for Thybulle and a FRP

Then Aaron Gordon and Mo Bamba for Philly 1st and Celtics first and 2 second rounders plus Donte Exum and Daniel House

?????

D-rock likes this.
  15. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

I also seen a trade where Odalpo goes to the Knicks for either Toppin or Barrett
    and a 1st rounder

What about that one

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Need to be in asset collection mode.

House / Tucker / Olidipo / Cousins need to be gone at the deadline for the best draft capital you can get.

Then we need to rehab Gordon and Walls value to dump as soon as we can find a sucker team.

17. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Stone has to pull the trigger on a big asap.

D-rock likes this.
  18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed on all of the above 100%. This has been my mindset from the moment Harden was traded.

As for Gordon, I really think it’s possible with his improved play this year we can move him as positive asset. If I’m a team like Denver, I see that I’m paying players like Harris and Barton similar money, and EG is a better two-way player than either of them. Especially Harris. There could be something there worth exploring.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree.

And more Philly media are starting to discuss this scenario more openly and vociferously.

Stone has an opportunity to get more than just multiple SRP if he plays his leverage right.

ROCK3TM4N likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would be a dream for me too.

At least Simmons does not spam 3's.

And he is not only better defender but he is much better finisher and passer as well.