1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fans at MMP for 2021

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Joe Joe, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

As long as I have antibodies or when I get a vaccine, I hope to attend a game this season.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I expect all teams to have fans at at least 30% capacity.

3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed. I will attend for sure...I know it won't be the same pre-gaming, etc. across the street, but it'll still be good to go...

BossHogg713 and King1 like this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Stadiums with retractable roofs / open air stadiums might be a bit safer than closed arenas .

but I mean if the dude sitting next to you is coughing and not wearing a mask it doesn’t matter

BossHogg713 likes this.
  6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Don't sit next to that person and be vaccinated.

#6 Joe Joe, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Hard to believe I was at the last ever MLB game with fans (2019 World Series game 7)

8. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

When we can purchase single game tickets?

The Beard likes this.
  9. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I read somewhere the Astros don't plan on having to open the roof for COVID reasons. Something about the way they pump air into the stadium providing a steady flow of air that would mitigate the risk of being in a completely closed stadium.

Have to imagine a team like the Rays won't be able to open up to as high of a capacity percentage as the Astros or especially any team with an open air ballpark.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

MMP doesn't recirculate air (or they can turn off recirculation line). Most ACs recirculate some air as already chilled air is cheaper to chill. The downside of using some recirculated air is smoke, pollen, toxins, and viruses get recirculated as well if not caught in a filter.

Uprising likes this.
  11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

we (wife and i) have gone to every allowed rox home game and we've been fine. we also took the kids twice. the rox do a good job of screening and also enforcing mask rule, all the ushers are watching like a hawk.

if mmp takes the same serious approach, i'd feel even more comfortable since it's a larger space and hopefully "outdoors."

-edit- wanted to point out, we've never had covid and our recent antibody tests were negative too.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Be really careful bro. Hope you can ride this out and get the vax as a virgin lol. 70% of my family including me has had it (although mild cases thank God).

ipaman likes this.
  13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Thanks and we are really trying our best but we also going crazy stuck at home. We always multi-layer mask up, carry sanitizer with us, and very strictly practice social distancing. I've not seen my Mom/Dad/siblings or any extended family in over a year because we refuse to be indoors and in close proximity. So we pick our spots. Maybe naïve but I feel good about larger spaces with plenty of room around my group. So far so good :p

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It is weird how one can go from "maybe I can talk my wife into buying a couple of 28-game Astros passes" to "ughhh" in a 24-hour period. Definitely going to wait to see how Astros react and effectiveness of the vaccine to reach herd immunity in a dumbs!#% mask-free environment.

JeeberD and BigM like this.
  15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

16. awc713

awc713 Member

Leave it to the Ramgers to allow full capacity during a pandemic...hey, at least they’re consistent...first they refuse to help an inter-state city after fallout from a CAT 5 hurricane and now this. Hopefully we’re back to full capacity, safely, soon enough, but I’m glad Crane is following the science.

They really do need “Texas” removed from their name. Or, they need to add our state’s political goons’ names to their organization. I could stomach squaring off against theTexas Rangers-Abbots-Paxtons-Patricks. Clown central...like I said, consistent.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

If you don't want to go to the Rangers games don't go. If someone wants to go at 100% capacity then good for them.

The Beard and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Like that fair weather bandwagon town could sell out anyway. 100%.... LOL

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

They do have an essentially brand new ballpark.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member